Diary of a saxman

Saxman

Just wanted to share some though with ya on how I am getting on with Cambridge.
Week 1.
First week was no doubt the hardest the first 3 days having my water bottle at hand was a must each time I got a hunger twinge sup that water! On the final evening of day 3 I went into ketosis, I knew this as I was so week I could barely climb my stairs my body was shaking and I was unreliably hungry! But pushed throughout it and the next morning I felt so much better despite for the rest of my first week I felt week and drained of energy, I just told myself that this was my body adjusting to having to rely on it's own resources. Then finally week 1. Weigh in 11pm loss whoop!

Week 2.
Week 2 was by far the best week I was so full of energy and felt great I was exercising and enjoying my new found energy, not really got much to say about this week apart from the lack of movement in my scales but to the end of the week they decided to give in and give me a weigh in weight loss of 5lbs

Last edited:
Week 3.
This week has been strange, I feel as if my sense of smell has increased to that of a cats! I can smell every thing and it all smells soooo good! Had a few moments where I wanted to give in and eat but held strong and made it, few things I noticed in this week if I didn't drink enough water I would get bad head aches and every now and again I would get a gas build up in my stomach that made me burp and it would always taste of acid! So more water to quench the fire but despite this I felt good still energetic and weigh in recorded a weight loss of 4lbs.

Week 4.
Am into week 4 now not 4 days to go before my weigh in, and just wanted to note how tired I have been this week my job hours don't help by I just seem to be sleeping longer and even then once getting up feeling tired and lethargic for the rest of the day, hope this is just a phase, one thing I have noticed is that my the bottom of my ribs where they meet the diaphragm hurts when I laugh, but can start to see the improvement in my body already, without getting to detailed my wings on my stomach at my sides have nearly gone my moobs are shrinking my legs are getting tight and thinner my stomach is getting smaller my ribs are more visible when I lay flat and the wife sez my butts shrinking lol. Will keep ya posted on my weight loss for this week on Monday until then saxman out.

Week 3.
This week has been strange, I feel as if my sense of smell has increased to that of a cats! I can smell every thing and it all smells soooo good! Had a few moments where I wanted to give in and eat but held strong and made it, few things I noticed in this week if I didn't drink enough water I would get bad head aches and every now and again I would get a gas build up in my stomach that made me burp and it would always taste of acid! So more water to quench the fire but despite this I felt good still energetic and weigh in recorded a weight loss of 4lbs.

I too went through the heightened sense of smell. I also talked about it in my diary but I don't find the food smells pleasant, but it is my indicator of ketosis so bring it on.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. It helps me on my journey if I can relate to others going through the same thing.

well its WI day today my cdc is away this week so its down to my own scales..
am proud to announce, loss of 4lbs.
that's a total loss of 2 stone, i feel; great despite having laryngitis.

Week 7.
I know I haven’t reported for a few weeks but to be honest there was nothing to report, diet was going great weight loss was steady and my day to day was going fine no real problems or temptations, one thing I did find though that you might find interesting, If you can control yourself buy a small bag of Maltesers, and you can have 2 Maltesers a day as a nice little treat.
Week 8.
Well this week I have planned a day off from the diet 1 as a test of will as to if I will be able to get back on again easy or not, that and it’s my wedding anniversary so planning on spoiling myself + the good lady.
So it’s Tuesday, the day after my weigh in I weighed myself that morning so I could know how much I would have put on that day; I started the day off with a nice bacon butty and a cup of coffee, the wife has a bad habit of cooking all nice sweet things that I can not have on the diet and there was a nice cake that she had made so had a nice slice of that, then for lunch time Home made Yorkshire pudding with mashed potato with philly cheese steamed cabbage cauliflower, 2 small grilled chicken breasts and topped of with some gravy, after being on the diet for as long as I had my stomach had shrunk and I found it hard to eat all the food, after eating I felt physically sick and was very uncomfortable for about half a hour after, it might have been that I had eaten to much or just the shock of such rich food being introduced.
Later that evening we went to the cinema and after a meal out at a restaurant, I was surprised by how my decision making was influenced by how I’ve changed, as, as I was looking through the menu I could almost see the sort of damage I would be doing to myself if I ordered that or that, I tried to stay away from bread and chips, but instead indulged in what I had been craving all week, and went with chicken nacho’s.
Also my mind sent regarding Alcohol surprised me as well. As twice that day I was offered the option to have beer, and I used to love downing a pint, but to be honest the actual thought of having beer disgusted me, so I stuck with water.
The next day I was ready to get back on the diet, because I had forward planned that day I had my mind set to get started again, the first 2-3 days I was fine but then as I re-entered Ketosis I had forgotten how rough the transition was, but made it through, as I stated earlier I weighed myself the morning of my day off and I weighed myself on the Wednesday morning I had put on 4lbs, this was a shocking revelation as one day off was equal to a weeks weight loss.
Week 9.
Have settled back into the diet quite comfortably, not really got much to report, and so thought I would tell you a bit about some of my food experiments.
Now I love to experiment with foods, especially when the choice of foods are limited on the diet, I tried adding stock to Quorn mince, but alas it took me out of ketosis, so I found a way round it, when cooking Quorn mince add some mild curry powder into a cup and add boiling water mix and pour into the frying pan that is cooking the mince. This is a nice flavour stock that won’t take you out of ketosis, another tasty meal that is great to have on the diet Spicy chicken chunks.
Step 1 (depending on which step your doing) take 170g of chicken and cut it into chicken nugget sized chunks.
Step 2 get some herbs and spices. I used mild curry powder chives and a few others.
Step 3 mix the herbs and spices together in a bowl.
Step 4 take each segment and coat it with herbs and spice until you can not see any more pink flesh.
Step 5 cook
Step 6 after about 5-10 mins turn the chicken over as it will have started to develop the shiny marinade. Then continue to cook.
Step 7 serve with a side order of salad.
Enjoy.
Certain Quorn products I have found will take you out of ketosis, but some wont, The burgers will but the sausages if you don’t have a full meal of just sausages they wont, what I mean by this 5 sausages = 200g so if u have 2 sausages combined with the mince or the chicken pieces then you will stay in and they are very tasty and make a nice (boost) meal.
When I say Boost meal what I mean is every now and again its good to have something you shouldn’t have as it gives your metabolism a kick, as just sticking to the diets rules your body will adjust to the low calorie intake and slow down the metabolic rate and will start to burn less fat, so a kick now and again keeps it at a higher rate.
Week 12.
Well I think its safe to say I am well into my journey am over half way to my goal now, one thing I have found is that resisting is getting harder as my confidence in the diet is growing my resistance to want foods is slipping, as at the back of my mind there’s that thought, “well you’ve done so good so far one little naughty wont do you to much harm and if you have it just after your weigh in you have all week to loose it”.
Well week 12 is here and I can move up to the 810 step for a week, been looking forward to this as on the SS+ program I am on I couldn’t have milk, but on 810 you can so coffee, omelettes and scrambled eggs just a few of the things that been looking forward to, today had to take my meal with me to work as was on a 11 hour shift so opted for tuna, I weighed my salad out and tub’d it up and took 2 tins of tuna with me as in 810 260g of tuna = 2 tins, and believe me that’s allot of tuna.

wow, how impressive. really loved reading your diary and its really inspired me. good luck and keep posting.

Week 13.
Back onto SS+ the 810 was a nice break from the norm. A nice little achievement was at work I continue to get compliments on how much weight I have lost, my shirt that I had from work was a XL and I needed a new one, they only had a Medium shirt available so I said I would try it on to see if it fitted, put it on it was a little tight but it fitted nice.

Week 15 well, its becoming increasingly hard to keep on track
but 5 stone down and still dropping.
i had a really bad week for giving into temptation this week as :-
1. the wife had come back from Florida with a box of Twinkies! for those that don't know what a twinkie is..
twinkies.jpg

they are small sponge cakes filled with a thick cream and they are VERY sweet.
i tried to avoid having any but i wasn't strong enough and ended up having 3 :(, then on Saturday at work i had forgotten to take my Bar with me... and working in a cinema is not a good place when hungry... i was working "the floor" which means cleaning up after the films have finished. and let me tell you we find lots of nice edible treats. i ended up eating quite a few Skittles and Cadburys Twirl Bites, but to make up for my Weakness i have been hitting the gym pretty hard this week.
i have come to the realisation that a bar, tetra, shake or porridge, are roughly 150 -170 calories. so when i go to the Gym i set the machines not for distance or time. but for 200 calorie burn. so if u think about it. 1 Cambridge bar = 25 mins of calorie burn in the gym.
and with this method in mind i would have my porridge and go to the gym burn 400-600 calories and then have a bar. once u have burnt through the first 200 calories your body doesn't have any more food-fuel left to burn so it turns to its stores.
so i may not be in ketosis but still have managed to loose 3 lbs because of this method. i am going to get back into Ketosis and then continue this method and hopefully see a much bigger loss next week :D

Week 17
well this week i've been trying a experiment.
as i go on holiday on the 28th i decided to do a week of SS+ but deliberately keeping myself out of ketosis to see how my body reacted, i did this by having a few slices of bread every 2 days, and at my weigh in i was still able to loose 3 lbs, now this week i am moving onto step 3 in preparation for the larger intake of food for while i am away, so far so good.

Diary of a sax man journey 2.

Week one, day one.
Jan22nd 2019
Diet going well drinking plenty, peeing plenty time for sleep..
Day 2 woke up with the worst headache sticking to diet.
Day 3 been enjoying the new smoothies for breakfast and tried the Mac n cheese today, it was ... ok... nothing to shout about.

So I have been on diet for 4 solid days now.. it’s Saturday morning I know I am off to a Brazilian steak house tonight as it was pre-booked for my birthday. Anyway I weight myself, the scales showed 21.01 a loss of 11lbs in 4 days nice!
The first week to be honest was not as bad as I remember it being, although I have been occupying my mind with a PS4 game, bought myself a 2.2L water bottle from the range so I can make sure I am getting my fluid intake. Last night was nice I have no doubt it took me out of ketosis, I tried to stay away from the carbs and have straight protein, although I did have a few carbs but not many I did have plenty of meat pure protein, but oh well will continue the diet and gonna start hitting my gym again this week.
Monday is here time to weigh in...21.02 put on 1lb from Saturday but a total of 10lbs loss.
Although the shock of going in and out of ketosis has meant I have spent allot of time on the toilet, but am keeping at it.
Week 2 nearly done tomorrow is weighing day hoping for a good loss. This week has been tough mentally been craving all sorts to things that I know I can’t have like pizza Donna-calzone fried chicken and my home made rice bowls. But kept strong kept chugging down my water bottle, been enjoying my evening meals although almost got to the point of clock watching waiting for it to strike 5 so I could start making my meal.

Some of the meals I’ve been making

Attachments

• 947843FF-C3B9-4EB6-9996-482943CF4493.jpeg
    947843FF-C3B9-4EB6-9996-482943CF4493.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • CF5BD9ED-129A-4451-9289-9E5638C6B488.jpeg
    CF5BD9ED-129A-4451-9289-9E5638C6B488.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • 1EC396BC-C00B-4E81-9540-FFE6D760C588.jpeg
    1EC396BC-C00B-4E81-9540-FFE6D760C588.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 09440882-0E83-4A51-8E40-AA16335BF413.jpeg
    09440882-0E83-4A51-8E40-AA16335BF413.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 8725B31F-55C0-4092-BFE5-018ACC8BE637.jpeg
    8725B31F-55C0-4092-BFE5-018ACC8BE637.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • 475FC3E3-3EF6-4B61-B3DD-EC5AC63C0647.jpeg
    475FC3E3-3EF6-4B61-B3DD-EC5AC63C0647.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • 75494DC6-7476-4749-831B-BE8A32919A8C.jpeg
    75494DC6-7476-4749-831B-BE8A32919A8C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 20
I never said what the meals were...
So from top left grilled turkey breast with pepper and curry spice. Next was tuna. Then it was 4% turkey mince formed into burgers, next is smoked basa fish, then normal basa fish, next is oven cooked 4% pork loins, and finally is pre cooked and sliced chicken.

Back