Diary of a saxman

5DF1C1AC-854B-4E3F-974E-4A3695533751.jpeg

Weekly shop done lol:eating:

Week 3
So been struggling with craving still as my sense of smell has increased and I can smell everything.
Today myself and the mrs went to the cinema I am impressed on how restraint I was I managed to have 2 small pieces of popcorn and not want anymore, just enough to recall the taste of it but not indulge on it.
So I have been taking more time in supermarkets now, I pick up a pack of cooked or grilled sliced chicken, turn it over to check out the carbohydrate, fat and sugar amounts. The other day was shopping and was going through the different packs of chicken from sweet chilli, bbq and tikka flavours, found the tikka one had very low carbs then found a pack if 180g silver side sliced beef with a really low carb content, so purchased it cut it up warmed it up and enjoyed it with salad.
I haven’t tested myself if I am in ketosis recently, but my consultant did say not to worry if I am in or not, to just continue with the diet and keep at it.
So it’s weigh in day 5lb loss
So that makes 19lbs in 3 weeks woo.
:woohoo:

So I ordered myself this, as wanted to “spice up” the 4% pork mince....
I added the mince to a glass bowl added black pepper herbs and spices to it, gave it a good ol mix and made these 4 burgers perfect for 2 meals.
12062CA0-4111-448B-8DA9-0DB4246DF681.jpeg

B0D60335-ABB4-4C4E-8137-975F5B810ABD.jpeg

Week 4.
It’s Valentine’s Day today so we went out for a walk to local park I took one of my bars with me and had it with a bottle of water, while there at the park I got some quite upsetting news regarding my job. So that put me in a really bad mood for the rest of the day for my evening meal I have tried to keep on track even if the portion sizes were a little bigger than normal. Had chicken breasts with Brussels I coated the chicken with different spices and enjoyed it with a small amount of whole grain mustard. I think I did well not give into depression and order a big greasy Chinese take away like I wanted.

So week 4 has ended time to weigh in ....
3 1/2lb loss total loss now 1 stone 8.5lbs
A thing I used to do after the end of every month was treat myself to a blow out it is a satisfying reward and also helps restart my metabolism, to to celebrate we went to a Toby Carvery, I had turkey with green beans and cauliflower cheese more than my standard portion size. I took my pot of whole grain mustard with me as I didn’t want the gravy, and for the first time in a month I could say.... “am stuffed” lol it was great, but now back to the grind.

Week 5.
Myself and the wife were out at jct 32 Xcape Castleford yesterday for a bit of shopping I forgot to take my bar with me, so we decided to go to harvester. Am proud of myself for what I had... plain grilled chicken with steamed veg but the salad bar was also there so had Lettuce, cucumber and diced beetroot. It’s Like my consultant said it's the mindset just because am on diet doesn't mean the world ends .... although it feels like that at times 🤣.
Week 5 weigh in time.. 4.5lbs loss total loss now 1stone 13lbs

Week 6
This week while out shopping I picked up a pack of 4% fat pork mince and a pack of 4% fat beef mince. Looking at the back of the packs of both for the values. The beef is actually better, so purchased that to make myself some very tasty beef burgers, I have been keeping to track with the diet however one thing I’ve done differently this time around is last time I was primarily focused on being in Ketosis where as this time I’ve not bothered to keep track of if I am in or not, as I recall from last time even the slightest thing would knock me out, and even though I am in or not I have been loosing weight like I did before.
So it has become noticeable now with my clothing that I am loosing inches, luckily for me last time I was “thin” I kept all my old clothes and they have been stored in vacuum bags, so now when I drop sizes I can just open those bags and ‘POW’! New clothes, so normally I wear size 44 trousers today I tried in some of my old size 40 jeans... and ...... they fit!
Enjoy the little wins.
So today is weigh in day ... 5.5lbs loss total loss now 2 stone 4.5lbs

I don’t know if anyone is actually reading this as not had any comments but I will keep writing as it helps with my diet progress.

Week 7.
So Monday I had a bit of a blip I cooked my chicken in the oven and weighed out my salad as normal, but the wife was having these fajitas kit so I added a sachet of salsa to a wok (no oil) then added the chicken after cutting it up, I added the salad and some spices to the 3 small flour tortillas and then added the chicken n salsa mix. It was delicious.... recently I have discovered Cauliflower rice it’s low in carbs and allowed by Camebridge. Although I think I have been eating the wrong amounts of it. Still it’s Monday and it’s time to weigh in... 4lb loss total loss now 2 stone 8.5 lbs
7C2A5B6A-517A-444B-A6A7-2C9CDD70806C.jpeg

B9506697-0CB5-4DF5-B88B-760E917C47C1.jpeg

Ty sooz wasn’t sure anyone was reading 😁. Not looking forward to this week weigh in as a good friend of mine passed away on Monday which hasn’t helped the diet.

Week 8.
So this week started off with some upsetting news that a good friend of mine had passed away, normally my go to when I am stressed or upset is to raid the fridge, I have tried to keep to track but did sneak a few pringles just for the taste, Thursday we went to the cinema to see the new Cpt Marvel film and free we went to Nando’s, I had the butterfly chicken with the lime n herb coating with side salad, and on Saturday we went to Harvester and again had basic grilled chicken with steamed veg and salad bar, I kept to lettuce cucumber and diced beetroot.
So weigh in day ... only half a pound loss :(
And I think I know the reason behind this, well my friend died on Monday and I have not been drinking as much water and lack of appetite meant I was missing meals and products. Still a loss is a loss total loss now 2 stone 9lbs. Am back at work as well today so the weight should fly off now...

Week 9
So been sticking to diet this week as the disappointing loss last week. Not much to report apart from what I found in Iceland, lean diced beef steak 5% fat, the wife was making a curry so I weighed out 200g sprayed a little 1% fry light and started browning the meat, I boiled the kettle and added to a cup a nice helping of masala powder, added the water to the powder and gave a mix, I then added it to the cooking cubes and let it boil almost dry.
I then cooked up some cauliflower rice and added half a pack to the pan. Not quite curry consistency but tasted good and was a refreshing change.
Weigh in day 5 1/2lbs loss total loss now 3 stone 1/2lb

34FBDE7E-81C2-4EDA-9B10-83B64E3813B2.jpeg

Week 10
So nothing much to report this week I had my monthly blowout on Tuesday we went back to my favourite restaurant Favela! It’s a Brazilian all you can eat steakhouse, I can honestly say I had a good time.
Being back at work is definitely helping with my weight loss as my job primarily involves walking and cutting grass with a petrol strummer for 8 hours.
So today is weigh in day 5lb loss bringing my total now to... 3 stone 5.5lbs down.

Week 11.
Well the week started off crap, attended the funeral of a good friend, and even though they put on a spread afterward I did good and didn’t have anything.... until I got home and polished off half a tub of pringles. I tried to keep to track to diet, but the weeks been tough then on Saturday went to the cinema I took bottle of water and my pack of bites.. the mrs had a large bag of Doritos and a bag of mini eggs and only ate half of them and bought the rest home yesterday was on a downer and found the left over bags and guiltily polished them off, but apart from those 2 slips have stayed true.
Anyway way in day is here.... 2lb loss taking my total loss to ... 3 stone 7, 3/4lbs

Week 12 end of month 3 here we go!
So week started a bit slowly as had a mad craving for a Chinese takeaway, ended up ordering duck chicken and crispy seaweed, then this week been keeping to diet. I knew I was back on diet as on Thursday I got “the feeling” what I mean by that is normally on day 3 of a restart the body is transitioning to keytosis state and I feel unbelievably hungry, week and feel like there is a fire inside me. I made myself this week my home made burgers, and a special wrapped chicken.
What I did I take a chicken breast, place it on top of a strip of bacon, cut 3 cuts into the chicken and rub on herbs and spices then wrap the bacon over, Was delicious.
Well it’s end of month 3 time to weigh in!
4lb loss total loss now....3 stone 11 3/4lbs
Tomorrow is my monthly blow out treat day... can’t wait to eat anything I want 😁
261FA8AF-44BB-4412-B44A-6B5F3D24B27B.jpeg

6D0805D2-55F6-4CDD-9EAC-A87C97E4F7E3.jpeg

As a reward for nearly 4 stone loss I treated myself to something special...
from the old to the new the best image to symbolise this is a Pheonix.....
6B8FEC84-9D32-4831-A9C5-E6068CFCE125.jpeg

Back