Diary of a Stressed, Working Mum

clairemcc

Hi Everyone,

I am a working mum of 3 who recently joined SW and thought I was doing okay until I went to WI on Tuesday and hadn't lost a thing! Thought I had been really good as I had been out walking and jogging and had ate chicken salad at a family BBQ!!

I struggle to find the time to plan my meals in advance and find it difficult to fit them around the rest of my family. My kids are 17, 9 and 5 and the youngest is a fussy eater. I usually end up having to plan 2-3 different meals a day as we often all eat at different times, my OH works variable hours.

I thought it might be helpful to post my food diary on here and would be welcome to feedback as to where people think I might be going wrong or where I could be doing things better.

Does anyone else with similar circumstances to myself already post their food diaries that I could follow?

Anyway, my plan today so far is as follows:

B -
Boiled eggs x 2
Banana
Cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk HEX A
Water

L -
Baxters Healthy Autumn Vegetable Soup (208g) HEX B
1 slice of wholemeal bread (400g sliced loaf) 3 Syns
Wafer thin cooked hamStrawberries and grapes with a Muller Light Raspberry and Cranberry Yoghurt poured over
Cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk HEX A
Water

D -
Slimming World Chicken Korma with boiled rice and veg

S - Slimming World rocky road hi-fi light bar

Ex - Long walk

That's my plan so far, can I change this post later if my dinner changes, you wouldn't guess I'm new to this!!

Claire

Last edited:
Friday 17th August:

Breakfast:
Scrambled egg
Pear
Cup of tea

Lunch:
Gammon salad
Watermelon, grapes and strawberries
Water

Dinner:
Slimming World syn free spaghetti bolognese with pasta
Diet irn-bru

Snacks:
Slimming World rocky road hi-fi light bar x 2
Walkers crisps 25g bag - 6.5 syns

HEX A - semi-skimmed milk
HEX B - Slimming World rocky road hi-fi light bars
Drinks - water, tea, diet irn-bru
Total Syns - 6.5

Hi Emmaline, thanks for your message :). Trying to vary my meals, when I done WW before I found that I stuck to eating the same things all the time and god fed up. Ordered a SW Extra Easy All in One book from Amazon which arrived this morning so I'm hoping there will be some good receipes, especially, slow cooker receipes to try.

Really hoping the scales don't disapppoint me when I get weighed on Tuesday or I'll be one majorly unhappy girl!

Good luck with your weight loss, who said being slim was easy....;)

Saturday 18th August:

Breakfast:
Scrambled egg
Pear
Orange
Cup of tea

Lunch:
Baked potato with cottage cheese and chives - 3 syns
Water

Dinner:
SW Spag Bol and pasta- left overs from last night!
Water

Snacks:
Walkers crisps 25g bag - 6.5 syns
Milky way bar 20.5g - 5.5 syns

HEX A: Semi-skimmed milk
HEX B: SW hi-fi light bar
Drinks: Water, tea, diet irn bru
Total Syns: 15

Last edited:
Sunday 19th August:

Brunch:
Mushrooms
Turkey rashers
Egg
Baked beans
Toast - HEX B
Weight Watchers pork sausages x 2 - 1 syn

Dinner:
Salmon steaks
Baby potatoes
Veg
Strawberries, grapes with muller yogurt poured over

Snacks:

HEX A: Milk
HEX B: Wholemeal bread x 2 (400g)
Drinks:Tea, water, diet irn-bru
Syns total: 1
Exercise: 1 hour walk

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Helen. Also a busy working mum (with a fussy 7 year old!). I've just done my first week, I weigh in tomorrow. I've had to be really organised with shopping and cooking, made me feel very smug and like a proper mum. Just hope I can keep it up. Good luck, I'm sure you'll lose loads this week xx

Hi Helen, I'm the same, try to be as organised as possible but find that my week can change that much that I now only organise 2-3 days at a time! Do you keep a food diary? I think it definately helps. Good luck today, let me know how you get on? I get weighed tomorrow, I'm dreading it after last week!! xx

Can't believe it's weigh in day already tomorrow, hoping that the scales change this week, don't know what I'll do if they don't. Taking the kids swimming today so will try and aim for a few lengths to boost my lack of exercise this week!

Monday 20th August:

Breakfast:
Egg x 2
Toast - HEX B
Banana

Lunch:

Dinner:
Homemade Soup with carrots, turnip, onion, potato, vegetable stock and pulses

Snacks:

HEX B: Wholemeal bread x 2 (400g)
Drinks: Tea, water
Syns total:
Exercise:

Hi Claire, I lost 3lbs :D Thought it might be more, first week and all that. But last time I tried the most I ever lost in 1 week was 4, so not too bad. Yes I'm doing a food diary, I've made my own as I hate the SW ones and I'm not going to a group - no time! I spent time on my lunch hour at work making a lovely folder with colourful days and also space for writing my mood and why I ate what I did, I also write about my day and what I can do to help myself. You see I'm a very emotional eater so I'm trying to identify which foods/moods trigger binges for me.

Hope you have a good loss, you deserve it xx

Hey :)

Just found your Diary..its looking Great!! And you Weigh in Today i see..Good Luck :D Hope you get a good Result x

Well Done Helen, 3lbs is fab!! :) I keep a note of my diary on here but I'm in the middle of throwing something together at home that sounds similar to what your doing. I keep my recipes that i've tried and liked in it too. I also keep a note of what shopping I need for each recipe and shopping for the meals I have planned for the week. It's handy to have everything together.

Well got my wi later on today after work and i'm dreading it. Been really good again this week but look what happened last week when I was good :(
Will be back on later to post my diary and update my weight loss (hopefully).

Well done again and keep up the good work :D xx

Hi IG-24-12

Thank you!!! :)

Tried to reply to your post but not worked, still trying to work out what I'm doing on here!

Hoping I lose something this week or I'll need to ask my consultant where I'm going wrong x

Lost 2.5lb!!! Sooo happy :D x

Wednesday 22nd August:

Breakfast:
Bran flakes with semi-skimmed milk - HEX A & B
Orange
Apple

Lunch:
Batchelors Pasta 'n' Sauce - cheese & broccoli
Muller Light yoghurt
Cherries

Dinner:
SW syn free chicken korma with boiled rice (love it!!)

Snacks:
Fruit salad with Muller Light poured over

HEX B: Bran flakes
Drinks: Tea, water, diet irn-bru
Syns total:
Exercise: hoping to manage a walk tonight

Back