Diary of a VERY Determined Girl!

Hey Betty just stopping by! 2014 Will be your year, as you know you can still eat good food and lose weight. What about having 'fakeaways' at the weekends? Then you won't feel your missing out so much. There are some great recipes on here!

Good luck with your journey

SB

Hey!
Aw thank you i really hope it is!
Sometimes we make slimming world parmo which is amazing! Along with slimming world pitta pizzas, but can you suggest any others please?
Thanks

Betty x

Google sw kfc chicken and a recipe should come up, think the coating is used with smash but apparently it's meant to be really nice xx

DAY 2 ON PLAN!
yes it might only be 6pm , still a good 6 hours for me to fall off plan but i am 100% sure thats not going to happen! (must not get too cocky, last time that happened i put 2stone 10 pounds onn...oops)

Woke up at 8, very late ( joys of getting healthy food back in, and out, of your system) and had docs appointment at 8.30! So rushed around flat trying to make self look presentable, wiping the mascara dots from around my eyes while brushing my teeth and weeing at the same time ( see women can multi task!). wash tablets down with a pint of water and pop a green apple in my bag, rush to docs. Doctors shut. Open directly at 8.30. So I could have chilled out a smidge, maybe wake up at 8.05!! (bear in mind for future).
Horrible thing happend while in the waiting room, which im sure many women can relate too. Just sat, all by myself, in my much too snug tunic and my much too (what i THOUGHT) baggy hoody, when i catch site of my reflection in the window. Oh balls on a bike. Im leant forward a bit, thus making the hoody not as bloomin baggy as i thought, thus putting my amazing back boobs on show! a D cup at least!!!! luckily before i could throw up all over the waiting room floor my name appeared on the screen and i waddled to the docs room.

Seeing i forgot to eat breakfast this morning, i felt my FIRST pang of hunger for the first time this year!!! Woooo! Missed that feeling! So had to fly to staff room to eat my lovely green apple, which turned out to be very sour. But i manned up and ate it all, knowing with each sharp mouthful it was helping shift these ghastly pounds, and maybe make my back boobs a C cup.

On a Friday i finish work at 1, and usually dont have dinner as im busy fitting in everything i needed to do in the week into one afternoon. However this afternoon there was nothing to rush about for. So me and the Boyfriend decided to go to the driving range ( he is a brilliant golfer, and i'm someone he has been trying to turn into a good golfer, but he is having no luck, im not even a golfer). On route to driving range got another pang of hunger (YES) so we decided on Subway. We have got quite addicted to them other Christmas, and as Boyfriend isn't starting slimming world until Tuesday, he opted for a gorgeous looking turkey and ham footlong. Yumyum. I got something a lot better - though i didnt know it at the time.I got a Chicken Salad. OH MY LIFE. was like a party in my mouth and the whole of Subway was invited! Deeeeliscious! And it was only three syns because of the light mayo ( i know this because my SW app is FINALLY working again and i count instead of guessing syns again - its the simple things) it was amazing! Very filling, and i could have easy ate it all again! Very tempted to!
It made me content at the driving range, while we were putting and chipping ( secretly hoping that meant there was a chip van and we could have chips yum) and it was a perfect afternoon.
Boyfriend currently in kitchen making us tea - sw cheese burgers, (using heA) veg and sw chips ( got my chip wish). Ive succumed to ONE after eight ( before 8 as well, naughty girl) which is two syns, and two thorntons mint crumbles, which are one syn each. Overall making my syns today 7. Very happy with that :)
Will spend night playing an olympics game on xbox, which makes me feel like im actually good enough to partake in the olympics, even though i'm out of breath from just walking up a step into a house!
Might go to gym tomorrow, might go Sunday. I Know with me i lose weight picking the right foods, exercise doesn't really help, but with my Boyfriend, he loses weight through exercise, not food. We are an odd little ( large) couple. But i will starting gyming again soon as i do enjoy it, just the actual driving there is a chore! Ha! Hope everyone else has had a good day!

Betty x

Last edited:
Tea the boy has just made, followed by muller lights and melon..
amazing!

ForumRunner_20140103_200320.png

Betty x

Good going today Betty. You are truly on the way to a smaller you!
I am loving the way you describe your days and find myself looking forward to the next installment.

i hope so! i get weighed on Monday and only started yesterday so only gives me 5 days! haha thank you very much!

Betty x

DAY THREE ON PLAN - and I am an Olympic Champion!! ( or so the Xbox says...)

Planned to wake up around 10 this morning to mooch round shops with the boyfriend before he goes to footy match. Woke up at 12. Oops. did have an alarm set but clearly switched it off as soon as it made a noise and went back to snooze. I really don't know why I am soo tired lately, good job doccy testing my iron levels again! in spite of that i woke up feeling AMAZING. Instantly felt like i had lost a chin! ( now have 19 instead of 20). Boyfriend did say i was pulling some weird faces in my sleep, but said i am still beautiful ( we are going to get his eyes tested soon). so maybe i'm doing face exercises in my sleep and its slowly getting rid of my chins! brilliant! well done me!

Due to snooze in had to rush about AGAIN. we didn't go shopping ( well he did, i didn't as i opted for breakfast - priorities!!) as i was meant to have dinner with a friend at 2! Had an amazing breakfast, bacon madalions with fried egg sarnie with tomato puree instead of ketchup ( save syns) followed by melon and muller light yoghurt and a cuppa! mmmmmm! was yummy as! After that i had a quick shower ( no time to wash VERY greasy hair) and went to the pub with my friend.

Dinner was Steak, garden peas, mushrooms, tomato, boiled potatos and ONE onion ring! so i'm counting that as 8 syns in total! ( onion ring, and mushrooms fried in fat and same with steak probably. not sure as it was tough as a boot. infact, it could very well have been part of a boot). Had a lovely little catch up and then mooched to Tesco.

Dont like paying on card so took out 40quid ( anyone else find slimming world a tad expensive? ) and started to shop! Got lots of salad and veg, but tesco had ran out of fromage frais and quark!! what are the chances?! ruined tea tonight!! slimming world essentials! what a nightmare!

After shopping came back to flat. decided to have shower, wash hair of fat and shave my legs ( boyfriend said i was starting to be like chubacaca, reminded him it is winter and every girl needs all the help she can get)
once again knocked myself sick shaving my legs. my legs have no shape. i hate my legs..not my thighs- my calves and cankles. hideous. they are like little plasticine sausages i used to make when i was little at nursery ( see, even thinking of food then). even when i lost my two and a half stone, my legs had not changed. stuck with these bad boys forever, my little sausages.

After my sausage leg ordeal, boyfriend walked through door saving the day! he had came with quark! not one tub, two! however there was no fromage frais in site!
So tea tonight is Slimming World Parmo, with salad and roasties ( i love potato based food!) followed by slimming world mousses and fruit and yoghurt. the sauce for our parmo will be fromage fraisless so will be made up with lots of light mayo and philly chive and herb.
I wont snack on any rubbish, so im going to say my syns for the day are 15!
didn't want a high syned day but due to fatty mushrooms and no fromage frais it has turned me into a high synner!
Oh well, hopefully lower syns tomorrow!

Betty x

oh dear, had tea, then boyfriend came out with aunt bessies yorkshires!!! 3 syns each and i gobbled 3!! balls balls balls!

Betty x

hi, i am new to all this too, start date 2/01/2014, i have 1st4lb to loose to get back to my ideal weight of 10st and that will hopefully take me back to a perfect ten. i am 26 and until now have never really had to worry about what i eat and most people around me laugh at the fact i am trying a diet, but hey its my choice and im hoping to feel better for eating healthier. i love fruit and vegetables and the only major problem i can forsee is my choice between milk in my coffee and cheese as my healthy extra. im hoping i can get used to living without one or the other as i would prefer not to syn any at this early stage. i am excited for a new challenge and these posts are really interesting to see how people get on. everyone seems so positive and friendly towards each other when they obviouslly need a little boost. gl to all xx

Hey Betty, just wondering if please tell me how you make the sw parmos? OH and I love them but a real one is a no go when trying to lose weight. :)

hey!
they are gorgeous arnt they!!
preheat an oven to 200 , not sure what gas mark sorry!
get a chicken breast and butterfly it. whisk an egg in a bowl and dip the chicken in it. then dip into a bowl of cous cous, like breadcrumbing!
pop in the oven for 10- 15mins or however long you feel comfortable cooking chicken for.
while thats cooking, for the sauce the proper recipie is a tub of quark, tub of fromage frais, extra light mayo and garlic. i found the quark made it a bit dry and the garlic was on my fingers for daysss so i tweeked it! i use philly herb and chive ( syn or hea) with fromage frais and extra light mayo. spread that on top the cous cous chicken when its done, add cheese ( again syn or hea) . i sometimes pop mushrooms on too! then pop back in oven for five more mins! its a lovely little fake away! enjoy!

Betty x

hi, i am new to all this too, start date 2/01/2014, i have 1st4lb to loose to get back to my ideal weight of 10st and that will hopefully take me back to a perfect ten. i am 26 and until now have never really had to worry about what i eat and most people around me laugh at the fact i am trying a diet, but hey its my choice and im hoping to feel better for eating healthier. i love fruit and vegetables and the only major problem i can forsee is my choice between milk in my coffee and cheese as my healthy extra. im hoping i can get used to living without one or the other as i would prefer not to syn any at this early stage. i am excited for a new challenge and these posts are really interesting to see how people get on. everyone seems so positive and friendly towards each other when they obviouslly need a little boost. gl to all xx

hey! good luck on your journey im sure with your mind to it youll manage to lose weight! ignore the negative comments, so long as its not making you unhealthy then so what!

Betty x

Gahhhhhh, Day 4 on Plan and unreal craving to work my way through an entire sweet shop!
Lazy Sunday morning in bed with Boyfriend, we were going to go to driving range but decided against it, and opted for a full lazy day ( big mistake).

For breakfast i had one of my amazing concotions! two slices of toast (heb) with scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms and beetroot! yumyum. I love how i can eat my weird and wonderful mixes on slimming world!

Boyfriend went to his mam and dads, so i decided to make mini quiches ( to avoid me from eating for no reason). turned out very well, apart from not much filling! so next time im going to put a barrell load of filling in!

Boyfriend came back with dinner, subway chicken salad again ( feel like im getting slight addiction!)
and i followed it up with muller light yoghurt and apple!

but now we are on the settee, Boyfriend watching footie and keeping quiet like the good egg he is, while im reading my book. my tummy is VERY full and i am in no way hungry, but my tongue is craving sweet foods! NOOOO. why is my tongue trying to betray me? bloomin taste buds! luckily nothing bad in flat, apart from thorntons mint crumbles (1syn each) but if you have too many of them ill be spending a good hour in the bathroom.
So this is it. i've hit a wall. testing my willpower. the determination to lose is a big help ( as well as the fact i cant be bothered getting out of my cosy jarmies and ventering out in public), so lets hope the next couple of hours go well!!
going to have a cup of tea, a peppermint crumble and carry on reading!

Betty x

Last edited:
Keeping your mind on your book is probably the best thing to do! I always find that. Maybe you could buy some 40 calorie hot chocolates - they take away the sweet tooth and take ages to drink soit feels like its lasting ages. :)

Back