ProPoints Diary of a WW virgin

mrsgosling3 said:
Morning. It's going to be a bad food day I can feel it. The in laws are coming for dinner so a massive roast with all the trimmings and pudding.

We have just had a big brunch of bacon, potatoes, eggs, beans and toast (16pp)

And had 2pp worth of buttons (to finish yesterday's pack off)

So later today we have roast beef, roast chicken, Yorkshire puddings, cauliflower cheese, veg, stuffing and gravy and I haven't brought pudding it but will either be an apple crumble or a cheesecake/gateau.

Have lots if weeklies and 10 dailies left. Yum yum

That's what weekends are for ;-) folk don't normally eat that kind of food during the week because of time but it's great to be able to enjoy it when we can at the weekends. You have the points for it too. Enjoy xx

I have just been and brought pudding. Not pointed either yet but a portion is about 260 calories so will use that as an estimate and point it at 8pp. We have a choice of apple crumble or gooey chocolate pudding and depending on what I have will depend if I have ww cream or custard.

I'm cursing my slow cooker - my beef is tough as anything - been in since 9 and is a bit if brisket so should be lovely. Have chicken as a back up too.

I can't wait for dinner. I love cooking a massive roast for everyone.

mrsgosling3 said:
I have just been and brought pudding. Not pointed either yet but a portion is about 260 calories so will use that as an estimate and point it at 8pp. We have a choice of apple crumble or gooey chocolate pudding and depending on what I have will depend if I have ww cream or custard.

I'm cursing my slow cooker - my beef is tough as anything - been in since 9 and is a bit if brisket so should be lovely. Have chicken as a back up too.

I can't wait for dinner. I love cooking a massive roast for everyone.

Don't forget pics of dinner and dessert yummy! I'm in work and starving! Lol

Karensplan said:
Don't forget pics of dinner and dessert yummy! I'm in work and starving! Lol

Ok I took a picture of dinner but you can't really see a lot. It was huge. Loads of free veg. A bit of beef, chicken, stuffing, Ww recipe for cauliflower cheese, potatoes roasted in fry light, roasted garlic (my latest obsession) and gravy made with stock from the beef and carrots, celery and onions.

Pointed at 21pp

Pudding is cooking - we went for apple crumble and custard - 8pp for crumble and 3pp for custard.

Total today 50pp

28 weeklies and 22 dailies. 13 weeklies remaining.

Didn't do any of the batch baking I wanted although will make tomorrow's "left over pie" when everyone has gone.

Attachments

• image-3636896856.jpg
    image-3636896856.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 46
mrsgosling3 said:
Ok I took a picture of dinner but you can't really see a lot. It was huge. Loads of free veg. A bit of beef, chicken, stuffing, Ww recipe for cauliflower cheese, potatoes roasted in fry light, roasted garlic (my latest obsession) and gravy made with stock from the beef and carrots, celery and onions.

Pointed at 21pp

Pudding is cooking - we went for apple crumble and custard - 8pp for crumble and 3pp for custard.

Total today 50pp

28 weeklies and 22 dailies. 13 weeklies remaining.

Didn't do any of the batch baking I wanted although will make tomorrow's "left over pie" when everyone has gone.

And pudding. I am so stuffed now

Attachments

• image-145401168.jpg
    image-145401168.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 38
Well it's 10.30 and I have finally sat down after cleaning up, making soup and lunches for tomorrow and more proudly making my first ever pie. It's a this morning one called left over pie and its a recipe my mum gave me possibly last year. Basically it's chicken, cream, leek and mushrooms. I have used low fat cream and light pastry but its still a whopping 17pp per portion. I have said its to serve 3 - my hubby has a pie to himself as he doesn't like mushrooms and me and my sd will share the other one. I will have it just with swede and veg whereas they will probably have mash with theirs. I made a few cock ups making it (didn't cool the mix before I put it in the pie and haven't greased the dishes) so tomorrow will be fun - but it's my first pie and a learning curve so I'm happy still :)

Attachments

• image-3103252902.jpg
    image-3103252902.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 34
  • image-3912678820.jpg
    image-3912678820.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image-3832653328.jpg
    image-3832653328.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 34
mrsgosling3 said:
Well it's 10.30 and I have finally sat down after cleaning up, making soup and lunches for tomorrow and more proudly making my first ever pie. It's a this morning one called left over pie and its a recipe my mum gave me possibly last year. Basically it's chicken, cream, leek and mushrooms. I have used low fat cream and light pastry but its still a whopping 17pp per portion. I have said its to serve 3 - my hubby has a pie to himself as he doesn't like mushrooms and me and my sd will share the other one. I will have it just with swede and veg whereas they will probably have mash with theirs. I made a few cock ups making it (didn't cool the mix before I put it in the pie and haven't greased the dishes) so tomorrow will be fun - but it's my first pie and a learning curve so I'm happy still :)

That looks worth 17 points thou!

Karensplan said:
That looks worth 17 points thou!

It looks totally divine, l bet it tastes as good as it looks xx

Hazykay said:
It looks totally divine, l bet it tastes as good as it looks xx

It was amazing. Very filling. Sorry for the bad quality pictures.

Rest of day is as follows:

B - cereal bar - 2pp (no milk)
L - leek and potato soup - 1pp
D - pie and veg - 17pp and gravy 1pp - didn't have a full portion of pie as there is a portion left in the pot (it already served 3) I think I may have overpointed.

Snacks - sweet pecan bar, rich toffee bar and have a fudge bar for later

27/28pp

Attachments

• image-3650616436.jpg
    image-3650616436.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3373001517.jpg
    image-3373001517.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 51
Your food always looks sooo amazing! Your hubby is a lucky man xx

nessa123 said:
Your food always looks sooo amazing! Your hubby is a lucky man xx

Thank you :) I don't think it's anything special in all honesty but thank you anyway.

My favourite tonight - spaghetti Bolognaise :) xxx

That pie looks great, you've put me in the mood now!!
Enjoy your spag bol, I don't have it very often but when I do, I really enjoy it xx

Back