Diary of a yummy mummy wannabe: From poppy seed to birth

first timer said:
Are you able to join slimming world without seeing a midwife as I don't see one till am 18 weeks and am keen to start asap

I think so, I just had to wait because I'm using the free voucher scheme (they give them to you if your BMI is over 30) so I'm being monitored by my surgery.

Great think I'll start morrow night and hopefully loose a stone in weight. My Bmi is 27 and was 26 Five weeks ago fingers crossed we can do slimming world and it works for us. Am motivated as love neat baby bumps and want one lol

Had my booking appointment yesterday, which went well. There are only two midwives at the surgery so at least I will have one of the two each time I go - and next time she said I could listen to babies heartbeat!! Got my next appointment for 16 weeks. Got a little bit anxious talking about birthing options - it all seems so impersonal; I don't understand why you can't have one person who you see throughout pregnancy and is then there to deliver your baby... I'm going to try and visit both the community hospital with the midwife maternity unit and the John Radcliffe which is my closest hospital and see how I feel about them. Doesn't give me confidence though that I will have a low stress birth when it all seems so disorganised.

Anyway, I also joined slimming world last night. The girls seem really lovely and there is one person there who gave birth 6 weeks ago and had done slimming world all the way through the pregnancy. Looking forward to the week ahead and hope I can get my head around this new system after having done WW for so long!!

Hope you're all well, and not having a panic like me!! :)

Hi I started slimming world as well last night do lets hope we both get on well. As for your midwife appointment I have always seen someone different although I've known my sis in law will deliver this baby as she delivered my other 2 I haven't had my booking in appointment yet and I dont see my midwife till am 18 weeks so a long wait for me. Glad everything went well and you got to see the baby

Hi I started slimming world as well last night do lets hope we both get on well. As for your midwife appointment I have always seen someone different although I've known my sis in law will deliver this baby as she delivered my other 2 I haven't had my booking in appointment yet and I dont see my midwife till am 18 weeks so a long wait for me. Glad everything went well and you got to see the baby

Oh well i'll just have to get used to it cause that's the way it is! I didn't get to see baby, it was only a booking appointment - so form filling etc - not a scan, my scan is on Oct 5th. Can't wait :)

Hi ladies can I join this thread please? I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby :) I've lost 3 stone this year on slimming world and completely fallen off track since I found out I was pregnant and put back on about 4/5lbs already :( desperately wanting to try and limit my weight gain but finishing it so hard to stick to plan! X x

Hi ladies can I join this thread please? I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby :) I've lost 3 stone this year on slimming world and completely fallen off track since I found out I was pregnant and put back on about 4/5lbs already :( desperately wanting to try and limit my weight gain but finishing it so hard to stick to plan! X x

Yes of course please join us! Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss! I'm still trying to get my head around the plan - need some time to read over the books and plan for the week methinks :) Good luck and let us know how you're getting on xx

Okay so I'm really rubbish at understanding all the different bits you need to track on SW and have so far eaten more syns than I should! I think I need to start planning my days rather than tracking what I've eaten at the end cause it all adds up!!

Are any of you girls keeping a food diary?

Hi am going to start doing a diary, as I started on Friday and went off track straight away because I missed lunch because I was out and then had to eat quick cause felt awful. I ended up eating rubbish and the same happened yesterday so am putting those 2 bad days behind me and starting fresh today. I'll probably not loose anything this week but its my own fault.

Anyhow am going start a diary and am going get my mum over 2morrow and batch cook some things so am not tempted to grab rubbish.

first timer said:
Hi am going to start doing a diary, as I started on Friday and went off track straight away because I missed lunch because I was out and then had to eat quick cause felt awful. I ended up eating rubbish and the same happened yesterday so am putting those 2 bad days behind me and starting fresh today. I'll probably not loose anything this week but its my own fault.

Anyhow am going start a diary and am going get my mum over 2morrow and batch cook some things so am not tempted to grab rubbish.

Don't give yourself too hard a time, it's not easy eating on the go and when you're feeling awful it's even worse! I've been weighing myself daily (can't help myself) and I'm showing a no gain - which I am going to take as a success, anything I lose is a bonus :) trying to keep in a positive frame of mind about it!

Hi I had my first weigh in tonight and lost 1 pound which I happy with cause was soooooo bad had mc Donald's a take away and Chinese for lunch today. Am going stick to plan and look forward to seeing the scales going down

margarino said:
I'm not gonna put any pressure to lose, if I do it's a bonus but would rather focus on not gaining any weight. Good luck for next week xx

I would be kinda happy not to put any on either but I've a stone on and felt fat clothes not fitting because I've weight on. I didn't try to loose last week as didn't follow one bit but going try really hard to stick to plan and going ho swimming hopefully it will help with my restless legs.

Am sure you will be fine and the meal prob totally worth it. I have a poorly wee man and housebound thankfully I don't have any rubbish in the house and so seem to be staying on plan. Hopefully have a loss on thursday

Got weighed this morning instead of tonight half a pound off not great but with 2 sick boys I hadn't a great week food wise back on the Wagon and going make super speed soup see if It will help

I gained 2 lbs but since I lost 2.5 last week I still haven't gained which I'm pleased about :)

Had my scan yesterday it was so beautiful! I couldn't believe I was seeing my baby on the screen.

Back