Diary of a yummy mummy wannabe: From poppy seed to birth

It is now the size of a kidney bean!! :)

This week i'm going in to take the pregnancy test samples so the results are ready for when i see the midwife the week after. Just 4 more weeks till the scan - it cannot come soon enough!!!

margarino said:
It is now the size of a kidney bean!! :)

This week i'm going in to take the pregnancy test samples so the results are ready for when i see the midwife the week after. Just 4 more weeks till the scan - it cannot come soon enough!!!

How many weeks are you?

Hi i think i am losing my baby today as i am bleeding loads and losing clots i went back to the early pregnancy unit this morning and i had another scan they said that sack is still there and has grown abit but it is only measuring 5 weeks but i know i should be more than that i have to go back next week just to confirm the worse but i already know hope you two ladies go on to have happy healthy pregnancy and i hope i will be back soon

Hi i think i am losing my baby today as i am bleeding loads and losing clots i went back to the early pregnancy unit this morning and i had another scan they said that sack is still there and has grown abit but it is only measuring 5 weeks but i know i should be more than that i have to go back next week just to confirm the worse but i already know hope you two ladies go on to have happy healthy pregnancy and i hope i will be back soon

Kellie i am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. I wish you all the best for the future and that you are blessed with a little one soon. Thank you so much for the support you've given me and i hope to see you on here again soon.

Thanks i am fine i have 4 wonderful children so i have a lot to be thankful for and hopefully it wont take me too long to rejoin you as i hope as they say you are more fertile after a miscarriage so as soon as the bleeding stops i will be trying again and until it does happen again if you two dont mind i will keep popping back here to see how you are both getting on

It was the beginning of week 9 on Fri and the nausea in the mornings has been getting worse rather than better but luckily managing to keep everything down still with the aid of oat biscuits. Went and had my blood tests done last week and finally have booking appointment this Thurs so fingers crossed all is well... Then I'll only have 2 weeks to wait for 1st scan. Hubby's coming to both appointments which is nice cause he has to take them as annual leave.

How are you getting on first timer? Hope all is well.

Kellie hope you're feeling as well as can be expected, look after yourself.

Hope the sickness settles soon and your booking in appointment goes well i bet you are so excited to get to 12 weeks and have that first scan as i remember with my other kids the first 12weeks goes so slowly and all you want to do is get to 12weeks so you can see the baby at least it is only 3weeks away now do you have a date for it yet?

I am feeling fine thanks the bleeding stopped on friday so i only bled for about 5 days which wasnt long at all i am going back to the epu tomorrow just for them to check it all came away so i dont get any infections, now i am just waiting for all the pregnancy hormones to leave my body so i can try again as the pregnancy tests are still showing a faint positive people on the net say it can take between 7-10 days so hopefully it will be soon.

Hope you are well first timer

Hi girls am doing ok still really tired although the nausea has settled a tiny bit and heartburn has taken over. Am still waiting on my booking in appointment hopefully should get letter this week am 11 weeks today and strangely don't feel pregnant whatever that's all about. The nausea is a killer I found the breakfast biscuits very good.

I've already a stone on and think I might buy an exercise bike and do some exercise.

margarino said:
Hi girls, glad to hear you're both okay.
My scan is on Oct 5 so not long now, wish it was tomorrow though...

Am sure you can't wait to your scan I still haven't received my booking in appointment and supposed to have it at 12 weeks and am 12 weeks on Monday. I cant wait robot either even though I've already had a scan so I no how you feel.

How r getting on with your weight I already have a bump (it's mostly fat, but def has bump shape) I feel massive and want to try to drop some weight soon.

I got lucky with the booking appointment as the midwives work out of my gp surgery so just booked it when I went to see my doctor, i've got mine on Thurs.

Weight wasn't good when I got pregnant (BMI: 31) but luckily haven't put on any weight. Don't think I have a bump, just blubber!!! :D

Mine is more fat too but def looks like a bump when standing am starting stress abit over the weight as put on sooooo much with my 2nd I felt horrible after for ages and couldn't enjoy my wee man I want this time to be different so going have to start being more careful with what am eating.

My sis in law is a midwife in the hospital am going to and delivered my other 2 boys so will hopefully deliver this one as well. She is going try and find out when my appointment is am so inpatient lol

first timer said:
Mine is more fat too but def looks like a bump when standing am starting stress abit over the weight as put on sooooo much with my 2nd I felt horrible after for ages and couldn't enjoy my wee man I want this time to be different so going have to start being more careful with what am eating.

My sis in law is a midwife in the hospital am going to and delivered my other 2 boys so will hopefully deliver this one as well. She is going try and find out when my appointment is am so inpatient lol

What are you following at the moment diet wise? I wouldn't stress though, that's the last thing you need to be doing but maybe following something might give you some structure? I'm starting slimming world on Thursday after I clear it with my midwife.

That's so nice to have a a sis in law as a midwife! Must make the experience much more personal. Are you having doctor led or midwife led care?

margarino said:
What are you following at the moment diet wise? I wouldn't stress though, that's the last thing you need to be doing but maybe following something might give you some structure? I'm starting slimming world on Thursday after I clear it with my midwife.

That's so nice to have a a sis in law as a midwife! Must make the experience much more personal. Are you having doctor led or midwife led care?

Hi not really following anything but was thinking of joining slimming world as well. Is nice having sis in law delivering the babies as you say does make it more personal and the other midwifed tend to make more of an effort with you as well. Am having doctor led care they don't have midwife led care where I live :( but I suppose I always have my sis in law 24/7 lol

Are you able to join slimming world without seeing a midwife as I don't see one till am 18 weeks and am keen to start asap

Back