Diary of a yummy mummy wannabe: From poppy seed to birth

I am so glad you got to see your baby scans are so exciting and precious and well done on not gaining any weight you are doing fantastic x

margarino said:
I gained 2 lbs but since I lost 2.5 last week I still haven't gained which I'm pleased about :)

Had my scan yesterday it was so beautiful! I couldn't believe I was seeing my baby on the screen.

Scans are great am 14+3 and the hospital rang me this morning with a cancellation appointment so got to see my little un could spend everyday looking at the scan. How far along are you? Prob. Asked before but remember nothing these days lol

first timer said:
Scans are great am 14+3 and the hospital rang me this morning with a cancellation appointment so got to see my little un could spend everyday looking at the scan. How far along are you? Prob. Asked before but remember nothing these days lol

That's great that you got to see your baby, it's such a beautiful thing, I was totally overwhelmed by it. I'm 12+4. Today I got a letter for my next scan which is going to be on Dec 8. Cannot wait :)

margarino said:
That's great that you got to see your baby, it's such a beautiful thing, I was totally overwhelmed by it. I'm 12+4. Today I got a letter for my next scan which is going to be on Dec 8. Cannot wait :)

That's good you have your appointment in already my oh didn't get to come yesterday as it was short notice (they only rang at 9.10 and had be down for 10.20) so it would be great to get my next appointment in early so he could arrange to be off, he missed every appointment with our 2nd and he was really upset by this

first timer said:
That's good you have your appointment in already my oh didn't get to come yesterday as it was short notice (they only rang at 9.10 and had be down for 10.20) so it would be great to get my next appointment in early so he could arrange to be off, he missed every appointment with our 2nd and he was really upset by this

That's awful! I hope you get your second appointment soon. I must admit, I've been really impressed with how good the John Radcliffe Hospital has been. I'm of two minds whether to make the journey up there when its time for baby to come or whether to go to my local community hospital which has a really good unit run by midwives and is much closer and unlikely to get stuck in traffic!! So much to think about and I can't believe how quickly time is passing!

margarino said:
1/2 lb off for me last night, happy with that given that I've not really been following the plan!!

Well done I never made class last night so booked a holiday, it my oh birthday today and heading to chippy for dinner then out for a meal for my bro 40th looks like ill not have a loss this week but am ok with that .

Well it never rains but it pours! This week our fridge freezer went kaput and we had a leak in the kitchen roof from the shower... fun fun fun! On top of this my lower back is really giving me grief and i've pulled something in my arm... So with everything falling apart around me, i'm off to have a spa day with my sister in law :D Just what i needed, YAY! Treating myself to a facial and then going for a swim and hitting the gym for some cardio work. Hoping to feel super relaxed by the end of today :)

On the weight loss front i am 2 lbs less than when i started slimming world so pleased that its going down rather than on the up. Here's hoping it continues that way!

Right need to kick my ass into gear, just read this story http://group.slimmingworld.com/success-stories/rebecca-fyfe.aspx and am now thinking i am taking the p***. I am not at all following the diet so understandably am only losing 1/2 lb each week, i can easily be losing between 1.5-2 lbs a week if i made any effort, so things have got to change!! My goal is to be at the top of my healthy weight range by the time baby comes in 24 weeks. That means losing 38.5 lbs or 1.6 lbs a week. Have registered on slimming world online and am now going to actually track what i eat and NOT go over my allowance of syns.....!

Lost the usual 1/2 again this week. Hoping next week will have a better loss.

Woke up with blocked nose and husband missing... Must have been snoring again! I'm so bored of my allergies at the moment, I don't think I'm sleeping properly cause I can't breath properly and then wake up super tired and with a headache.... So much for feeling better in the second trimester!

Okay gonna try points for a week and see how I go. I still have the value diary app from when I was doing weight watchers so fingers crossed for a good loss next week!

Also going to start doing a food diary to keep me on track and make sure I am using my points wisely to give all the good stuff to the baby and none of the junk!

So kicking off this morning:

B - porridge, apple and light soya milk

Will post lunch and dinner later

:)

Well started off well. Lunch was healthy too - tuna, potato and chickpea salad. Then went over to sister in laws and had a brownie.... Followed by pepperoni pizza.... With lettuce though! And pineapple for dessert so could be worse, but anyway already going through my weekly points like crazy!! Whoops.... Will have to be careful as tomorrow we're going to the cinema and eating out!

Yesterday wasn't too bad. Started with a filling homemade English breakfast. There was some naughtiness at the cinema: pick n mix!!! But redeemed myself at dinner: salmon Niçoise salad and olives for starters even though everyone else got really yummy starters and desserts! Now need to keep to my daily points for the rest of the week!

Well so much for my resolve! Been sick for over a week and the healthy eating has gone completely out the window - at the moment, even eating has gone out the window!! But the damage was done, last weigh in was back up to where i was when i first started SW :( But still not gained, so i guess that's a positive!

Back