Diary of an Air Hostess!

Tue oct 18th

Break: alpen light (1/2heb)

Lunch: wm pitta (heb) with lc light triangles (hea) with tomato and cucumber

Dinner: homemade spicy butternut squash speed soup - was supposed to be super speed but don't think I put enough ss in! Included: bn squash, onion, carrots, peppers, garlic and tons of spices: cumin, garam masala, turmeric, nutmeg.... It is yummy!!! Going to have it with a handful of pasta put in

Dessert: stewed apple with cinnamon (1/2heb)

Wed 19th oct

Scales are still saying the wrong thing :-( 2 days to WI.... I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but I cannot help myself, I've been doing it since I was about 15!!! Anyway, I've still got this cough and it seems to be turning into a cold again... Will try to do some exercise at some point today....!!!!

Breakfast: mango, banana and kiwi

Lunch: HELP NEEDED: going to harvester, as you all know I'm veggie, I've looked at menu and can't seem to decide what's better: soya and mushroom sausages or jambalaya stack: peppers and rice stacked with aubergine topped with goats cheese. What do you all thinks best???

Dinner: bn squash soup

Bit late reading threads today

What did you have at harvester?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lsf666 said:
Bit late reading threads today

What did you have at harvester?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Went for the sausages....think it was the wrong choice, they were pretty big and tasted yummy....didnt have dessert though!!!

Weighing in a bit late here! (Oh a pun!) Don't worry about the sausages. It's hard to shift those final pounds when u have a lot on isn't it? I don't think I'm going to lose anything this week. I'm taking the pressure off myself for my final 2 lbs, I have a lot on next week too.

Stop weighing yourself so much girl!!! * she says even though she has already peeked at her own scales this week!* Xxxx

Gem_bear said:
Weighing in a bit late here! (Oh a pun!) Don't worry about the sausages. It's hard to shift those final pounds when u have a lot on isn't it? I don't think I'm going to lose anything this week. I'm taking the pressure off myself for my final 2 lbs, I have a lot on next week too.

Stop weighing yourself so much girl!!! * she says even though she has already peeked at her own scales this week!* Xxxx

I know, it's sooo hard! I do need to get back into exercising - 2 weeks off is not helping!! I just can't help weighing myself!!! Think I may hide the scales so their not there to tempt me everyday....!!!

Thurs 20th oct

Finally managed to do some exercise..... 45 min hard core kenpo (martial arts workout!)

Breakfast: flaxseed and water (3syns)

Lunch: out with mil, am thinking salad with cheese, baked potato with cheese or brown bread sandwich with cheese - all with salad... So will be my hea and possibly heb

Dinner: omelette cheese mushrooms onion and beans - yum!

Lunch was a mahoosive jacket with beans and cheese and salad, had a little pot of coleslaw which I tried (1syn) and a very healthy fruit tea ;-) so I've decided to skip the beans with dinner and have a big salad with my omelette and possibly quorn sausages (2/3?? Syns)

Snacks: stewed apple with cinnamon (heb) for dessert

Fri 21st oct

No exercise today, I'm so achey from yesterday and still full of cold!!

Lunch: maybe beans and cheese on toast (hea+b)

Dinner: out to pizza express, think will have goats cheese salad (hea+b) for cheese and oil and maybe antipasti sharing plate to start?? With a large glass of wine ;-) ill not be counting syns tonight but not be going crazy!!!

B's lovely lady said:
Fri 21st oct

No exercise today, I'm so achey from yesterday and still full of cold!!

Lunch: maybe beans and cheese on toast (hea+b)

Dinner: out to pizza express, think will have goats cheese salad (hea+b) for cheese and oil and maybe antipasti sharing plate to start?? With a large glass of wine ;-) ill not be counting syns tonight but not be going crazy!!!

Enjoy!!! Xxx

Meal out Friday was yummy - waaaay too much bread with the starter and I had toffee ice cream with toffee chunks for dessert! Was really nice evening. I think I get a bit obsessive sometimes with sw, talking about syns etc to my hubby, it was nice to let my hair down (even though I have just been on holiday, felt different doing it at home)

Yesterday was ok
Breakfast: 2x scrambled eggs and half tin beans with cheese (hea)

Lunch: Thai mugshot (1/2syn) with salad and cheese (hea) and hifi (heb)

Dinner: was more of picky snack, cheese sandwich finger 10 syns, bite of chocolate tiffin 5/6 syns and hifi bar (heb)

Sunday

Breakfast: alpen light (1/2 heb)

Lunch: tofu sandwich ( if shop is open!) 6 syns or mugshot

Dinner: as above - I'm obsessed with this sandwich!! It's only 120 calories and contains mostly free food but I'll sun it because doesn't have proper nutritional info on. It's for flight home so may have some salad and cheese (hea) on board too

Meal out Friday was yummy - waaaay too much bread with the starter and I had toffee ice cream with toffee chunks for dessert! Was really nice evening. I think I get a bit obsessive sometimes with sw, talking about syns etc to my hubby, it was nice to let my hair down (even though I have just been on holiday, felt different doing it at home)

I know what you mean. I am having some problem with this too. The thing is though, if you are offically a SW member, it seems that maintaining is all about staying on plan all the time and always keeping track of your syns. I wonder if there are SW consultants anywhere that do encourage its members to have a night off plan? I reckon they just encourage flexi syning.

Last night, we baked a crumble and i posted the recipe on here to work out syns which annoyed OH because he didn't see why i had to do it. I dont know whats healthy and unhealthy for me to do! If i try to relax i seem to wobble around plan and gain. I have stopped posting all my meals on here because i was on here all the time and think maybe it was becoming a bit obsessed. It is helping a little.

Enough of my ramblings!!! xx

Ramblings all good!!! I'm glad someone else feels the same!! If I'm writing a food diary it really does help, and not going to a class it's great to get ideas/feedback from everyone but I use the app so it's really easy to be on here so much and I feel like I'm getting a bit obsessive.... Need to find a balance... I don't want to be writing a food diary forever!! Good for you not writing down every meal!! It does make me think about food all the time when I'm writing my diary!!

Anyway, I did feel more relaxed about eating out on Friday, I guess when I get back to target once every couple of weeks having a night off should be ok - but yes having someone at sw say that's ok would make me feel a lot better!!

Ahhhh synning your crumble.... I always trying to work out syns even when I'm having night off....wonder when that will stop!!!xx

B's lovely lady said:
Hi Saucy!!!

Yeah it's pretty tough! But it's mainly to do with will power - I'm easily seduced by chocolate!!! I almost always take food with me to eat on board, but that's also because I'm veggie and there's normally only one or two veggie crew meals!

I usually eat out, I know pretty much where a supermarket is or where I can get a salad at most places!! And going out for meals in evening I just try my best because I can't be unsociable!! I do still delsey dine though - I ALWAYS have mugshots and cereal bars in my bag (just in case!) and some Africa trips I've got a cool bag with salad in my suitcase - I've had food poisoning there and I just don't risk it!!!

What do you do???

Love trolley dolley ;-)

Hi sorry I've been away so not been on here as no phone or internet reception, I don't blame you for always having mugshots and cereal bars,I've been a cling-on a few times and have not eaten healthily at all and had far too much to drink!

I work in Load Control now so over at Waterworld! Been over here a year, still shift work and in uniform but miss the buzz of the terminal after 15 years in Passenger Services.. Only speak to pilots daily not crew anymore so wouldn't get to speak to you.

Have you been crew long? X

Eating has not been great over the past few days, I've been working a lot and I'm absolutely exhausted...which means I've been picking at naughty foods!!! All in all, had around 16/17 syns each day over last couple days .... Not horrific, but not going to help on my quest to get the last 2lbs off!!!!

Today I'm in New York, im going to get up and do a martial arts work out and then hopefully walk around the city for a bit of extra exercise!!! Then last flight home before days off... I've got the whole weekend off which isn't always helpful but I'm driving to party Saturday night (lets just hope I don't get tempted by wine and leave my car there....) I will try and be saintly!!!

Today's food:

Breakfast: alpen light (1/2 heb) and possibly pot of fruit

Lunch: Tofu sandwich (10 syns) and salad possibly with grated cheese (hea) I k ow it seems like a waste of syns on a sandwich but it's only 200 cals, and I really enjoy it!!

Dinner: on flight home, Thai mugshot (1/2syn) omg these are so delicious.... Makes a nice change to my usual tomato and herb!!! With a salad. Alpen light (1/2heb)

That is it...hopefully!!! Only snacks will be fruit, I'm feeling very virtuous writing this down but whether or not I succeed is another thing!!!!

Omg!!!! You HAVE to go running in central park next time you go to NY! Don't know if u are in to running at all but I really enjoyed it when I went. Made me feel like part of the city or something Xx

Back