Diary of an Air Hostess!

B's lovely lady

Gold Member
Hi!!! I've been doing slimming world for 3 weeks now on my own and thought doing a diary may help....being an air hostess means that there are looooong periods of boredom on board and loads of rubbish food...which I always eat! On night flights when your trying to stay awake sugar really helps :-(

I only need to lose 12lbs (of which I've lost 4) but i need some incentive!!!

Here's yesterday diary ( on evening flight) always green day as I'm vegetarian:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs and half tin beans

Lunch:
2x ww bread (heb) sandwich with cheese (hea) salad and extra light Mayo (0.5syns)

Dinner on flight:
Tesco healthy choice cheese and tomato pasta bake (2syns) and salad
Mini curly wurly (3syns)

Snacks on flight:
Mini curly wurly (3syns)
1 finger of kit kat (3syns)
Half jacket potato, spoon beans and cheese (hea)

Total 11 syns

Ut oh, within syns but all in chocolate.... This is nothing compared to what I used to eat on board!!!

In New York, so hoping I won't have trouble finding something slimming world friendly for lunch .... have my mugshots in my suitcase just incase!

Breakfast: alpen light bar (1/2 heb)

B's lovely lady said:
Hi!!! I've been doing slimming world for 3 weeks now on my own and thought doing a diary may help....being an air hostess means that there are looooong periods of boredom on board and loads of rubbish food...which I always eat! On night flights when your trying to stay awake sugar really helps :-(

I only need to lose 12lbs (of which I've lost 4) but i need some incentive!!!

Here's yesterday diary ( on evening flight) always green day as I'm vegetarian:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs and half tin beans

Lunch:
2x ww bread (heb) sandwich with cheese (hea) salad and extra light Mayo (0.5syns)

Dinner on flight:
Tesco healthy choice cheese and tomato pasta bake (2syns) and salad
Mini curly wurly (3syns)

Snacks on flight:
Mini curly wurly (3syns)
1 finger of kit kat (3syns)
Half jacket potato, spoon beans and cheese (hea)

Total 11 syns

Ut oh, within syns but all in chocolate.... This is nothing compared to what I used to eat on board!!!

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thanks Fay :)

Hey! Your food diary looks good, only thing would be to maybe have a little more superfree but I can only imagin how hard it is fitting this in with work. Even just some fruit would be good though.

I've been to NYC 3 times and always come back lighter, if you can find a little deli / sandwich shop type place they do a huge bowl of salad of your choice for around $4.

Also don't worry about using your syns on chocolate that's what they're there for! Best of luck and have a good flight home :) x

Thanks!!! Salad it is then, think I might try pick one up for the flight home tonight too....resisting the aircraft hot meals isn't hard!

I'll try and have fruit too instead of the chocolates on board.... Well maybe just a little chocolate, it is a night flight! X

Lunch: mixed green salad with tofu, chick peas, tomato, cucumber, carrot, sweetcorn, cheese (hea) and balsamic vinegar.

Was sooo big, was lush!

Attachments

• image-2969448756.jpg
    image-2969448756.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 677
22/03/11

Urghhhhh just landed from night flight, managed to resist the croissants onboard, and no chocolate on flight either!

Breakfast: fruit salad- pineapple, melon, grapes, blueberries

Lunch: tomato mugshot, half treatsize buttons (2syns) fudge treatsize (3syns)

Dinner: 3 egg mushroom, meatfree sausage (1.5 syns) cheese hea and 1/2 hea omelette

Syns 6.5

I know I've not had any heb but I'm so tired and not really that hungry - may have alpen light or hifi later if I can stay awake!!!

You seem to have the right idea and that salad looked gorgeous.

It wont take long to shift that weight Good Luck:D

It must be really hard with your job being surrounded with goodies

Thank you!

Yup, the Americans sure know how to make their portions big - but with the salad it doesn't matter!!

It's really hard, I have such a sweet tooth and there is no healthy food!!! I will beat temptation and tiredness!!! :)

I can't imagine how difficult it is with ur job! I have a really sweet tooth too but I lurrrv strawberries with the muller lights. That can cure my craving most the time! Also nectarines! Not exactly choc but it helps me! Good luck :)

I just need to get myself properly organised and take enough healthy stuff with me!!! Hmmmm nectarines, haven't had one in ages!! I need to buy better fruit, getting bored if apples and bananas!

I'm absolutely loving the sunny weather today!!! Went to a pub garden this afternoon, had some lunch before hand so I wasnt tempted by pub lunch and only had one glass of wine with soda - yay me!!

Breakfast: chopped fruit with low fat natural yogurt (0.5 syn)

Lunch: cream cheese mugshot (2syn) mandarin

Dinner: broccoli carrot mushroom stir fry with egg fried rice

Snacks: sw crisps.... Glass wine(6syns)

Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with cheese 1/2 hea and beans

Lunch: 1 slice ww bread 1/2heb with marmite and cheese 1/2 hea and apple

Snack: mini chomp (3syns)

Just off to do spinning class..... Have no energy as ive been out with my friend and her two boys to the beach but I'm still going!!!! WI tomorrow! Received my 30 day shred so may start this tomorrow or Saturday!

Stazo said:
Excuse my ignorance but I hav gotta ask, what's a 30 day shred?

Not ignorant, it's USA biggest loser trainer workout DVD, supposed to be really good. Only 27 mins long for 30 days. I read about it on here, if your interested have a look on team section and I think thread is called shreddies. Lots of people on here are doing it, thought I'd give it a go! X

Urghhhhh! spinning was soooo hard today, really need to exercise in the am or have no enthusiasm!!!

Dinner: 3 egg omelette with mushrooms onions peppers and 28g low fat cheddar (3syns) and beans

Is it wrong that I've had 5 eggs in one day??? Was just the easy option after the gym!!!

Back