Diary of (hopefully) reaching the 9's!

sportylass

:rolleyes:

Hey everyone. Managed to lose a stone and a half between beginning of February and beginning of April... then have hovered between 10 st 7 and 10 st 10 ever since! Had a couple of weeks off over Easter and since then have managed to find every excuse going to not stick to plan! Am fed up with my lack of willpower, which I had masses of in the beginning. Am hoping that by starting this diary I can refocus myself and get into the holy grail of the 9 stones! Will post on here how I am doing with restarting and sticking to plan!

Hey everyone. Done my weekly shop and bought the new Slimming world magazine, so feeling really positive! Had 2 x wholemeal bread, toasted, with Choc Philly Cheese pot (4.5 syns), an instant latte (4 syns) and an apple for breakfast. Now having a nectarine, chargrilled vegetable cous cous salad pot (3.5 syns) and gammon ham for lunch. Planning on having Salmon salad for dinner tonight. Hope everyone else is having a good day. Be good to hear from some of you!

Well, not so virtuous after all..... had some chocolate that a friend bought round and as its Day 1 of my *, i had very little willpower. However, didn't use it as excuse to blow out the rest of the day like I normally do! Have counted my syns and am determined to do better with my syns tomorrow.

Ok, am being completely honest with my diary as am hoping there are other people out there who have been suffering from lack of willpower/motivation/self destruction like me and have come out of it the other side and can advise me! And if those people aren't around, at least those who are behaving like me don't feel like they are the only ones! Anyway, its Day 2 of me trying to 'get into the 9's' and instead of me being closer to it I feel further away! I hoped by starting this diary it would give me the motivation to get out of my self destructive cycle I have been in for the past 3 months. I dont know how to get back on track and get through a whole day let alone a whole week in order to get a much needed loss. The smallest temptation and I give in and as soon as I have gone over my syns, I think what the heck and blow it big time and over eat! For 2 months i was really focussed and managed to lose 1 & 1/2 stone so I know I have it within me, but don't know where its gone. Sorry for rambling on. Anyway, todays post is all about me blowing it again and not getting closer to the 9's. Will try again tomorrow until I get there!

Well, woken up feeling positive so am hoping this continues! Had lots of fruit, dipped in Philadelphia chocolate spread and then a bowl of All Bran (Hex A & B). How is everyone else doing?

Hey again. Just to update, yesterday was much better for me. I did end up going slightly over my syns, but i felt more in control (small steps right?). Today, my target is to stay within 15 syns.

Well.....10 syns over, but am ok with that. Still far better than 50/60 over. Again, am going to keep trying to get that daily syn count down, bit by bit until I get under 15. Any advice or support would be greatfully received.... by anyone reading this. Need as much support as possible x

Hey there honey!!!! Oh it's one big fat nightmare ain't it.. Willpower is the hardest thing to build again.. So don't give yourself a hard time... How amazing is the choc phili.. I love it.. But I've found that fat free natural yog with an option hot choc 35g sachet mixed in is fab.. For dipping fruit in n that's only 2 syns!!! Not quite as fabulous but give it a crack!!! Get your photos out from feb n compare with Aprils losses.. What an inspiration!!! Stick with it hun.. You're doin great!!!

Thanks hun. Means a lot to get encouragement and to not feel like I am completely useless! It really is a struggle to get back the willpower. I also seem to be hungry all the time and am trying really hard to have superfree or free foods to be eaten as snacks, but I eventually have more satisfying, syn ridden foods! Anyway, will try that fat free yogurt and options idea. Sounds yummy and low in syns which is good! Thanks for the advice. I need it! X

Hey guys. Having a good day so far. Had really healthy and filling breakfast and lunch and have only had 11 syns. Also going to do exercise later with friends so feeling positive! Really hoping this continues. Positive thoughts everyone!!

Positive thoughts honey.... Lol enjoy... I finished nights this am.. Sun is shining.. Fab.. Up at 0600 tomoz though as back to long days,2 of em 12 hr shifts.. I'm pooped after my 3 weekend shifts.. It's tricky to fit excersise in with shift patterns like this!!!! Off to SW tonight!!!! Gonna get a SW curry cooked now so I can get back n just crash!!!! Bet when I get a day off the fab weather will have gone.. But no no no.. Positive thoughts lol x

Oh no!! Am sure it was a random blip and that next week you will have a really good loss! Keep with the positive thoughts.... they really work! I've managed to finish today going only 2 syns over, which for me recently is a miracle! I will keep the positive thoughts going for you. As for your shifts, I've never had to work them and I dont think I could manage it, so I really feel for you. What job do you do if you dont mind me asking? I'm a teacher, so am in holiday mode for the next few weeks!

Your a teacher... Omg.. I'm always jealous of you guys this time of year!!!! Woop enjoy it honey!!! I'm a Paediatric Nurse .. Been qualified for 6 yrs now... I work in high dependency for babies up until 16-18 yr olds! It certainly keeps me on my feet... Regularly don't get chance for breaks so it is tricky ESP when u get home n I'm starving!!!! N the shift work can be a killer.... SOB!!!! What do u have planned for your lovely 6 weeks off?!?!??

Wow, what an inspirational job. I was between nursing or teaching when i was choosing what to do, but the shifts did really put me off. As for my hols, am just catching up with everyone (which equates to lots of meals out and trying as best as I can to avoid too many syns). Also going for a week in a Villa in Spain. You doing anything? By the way, the exercise was tough yesterday, but feel good for it! Hope it helps with the weight loss!

Wow.. That sounds amazing... A villa in Spain... Sooo jealous!!! Well funnily enough I was deciding between nursing n teaching lol... But didn't fancy all the marking at home n then goin in n on about theorists Montisorri n Freud lol... Yawnnnnn lol oh how our roles differ... Absolutely good on ya!!! I will be honest ... Shift work = better pay lol!? Several things swayed it for me... N of course the genuine love of caring for very sick children n supporting their family through it all?? Living the dream!!! Holiday wise me m my hubby have been married 1 yr in dec so we have booked a trip to Amsterdam to celebrate ... Can not wait!!! I have every intention of being my goal wt by then... Ekkkkkk everything to look forward to!!!! Horah!

Amsterdam sounds awesome too. Ive never been, but have heard it is good. And thats a good idea to try and get to your target by then. How much do you have to go? I had a crap day yesterday on SW. Was out with friends all day, then to their house and the food continued. Just going to draw a line under it and have a good day today! Got more exercise planned later so am hoping that will help.

Awww it's so hard to be good at someone else's house.. U kinda have to go along with what they are offering you... U have my sympathies .. Bless ya... Yep don't dwell on it Hun... It's done... Move on.. Well done! My start weight was 12st 5lb ... I put half a pound back on this week... Ahhh so now weigh 11st 13.5lbs lol.... I would have cried if I'd gone over 12 stone agin..wanna get down to 10 n half stone... So we shall see!? I'm enjoying my wine n not been brilliant every week so far... But this week I'm goin at it 100% ... Got water aerobics tomoz n then 1 hr aerobics class on Sunday.. Bring it on!! How much u wanna loose babe? We will get there!?,!,

Hey, weighed in at home this morning and somehow managed to lose 2lbs! It must just be the exercise! Am now 10st 7pbs, which I keep getting down to, but can't get lower as psychologically i get a block and self sabotage and go back up to 10st 9/10. I have been hovering round here since May! I know I can get down to under 10st as have managed it in the past, but just can't summon up the willpower/determination this time!

Well, this is the week I break that cycle. Am determined to break that 10st 7lbs barrier and finally get into the lower half of the 10's for the first time in about 3 years!

As for your weight loss, am sure you will make it. Once you get a few losses under your belt you get into a positive run. Am sure you will get there. Am sure we both will!! X

Well, my actions did not match my words and i went into classic self sabotage again! Ate everything that was put in front of me and more! Stepped on the scales this morning to see the damage and have put back on those 2lbs! Have got til Thurs to get them back off! Grrrrr. Am useless. Where has my determination and willpower gone? I want it back!!

Back