Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

Val72 said:
Damn you pink mallow and jam buscuits from aldi - i ate 4 thinking they'd be around 2 syns each, looked them up after and they are 3 1/2 points each eeeerrrrrr! I guess there is a moral there!!!

Not so much 'look before you leap' more of a 'look before you eat!' :)

Run after those ferrel kids to work them off :)

Pretty crappy evening - after the biscuits OH got called out so had to deal with the tea, kids, dogs didnt get walked and i hit the larder! Gonna pick myself up, at the end of the day nobody died! but just 2 packets of doritos and a cereal bar is an extra 15 1/2 syns, so a massive 34 syns today, may have to drive tomorrow or limit myself to 2 glasses of wine, have not decided which yet.

Tomorrow is a new day - off to bed, cant eat there!

Sunday - we are now on easter summer time and have lost an hour so it is already 9.26 am. It is unlikely i am gonna fit excercise in today so am off to cook the grill up brekky then to precook tonights tea. I have erased yesterday from my brain and am not going to dwell on it. OH gone back out this morning to the same call out from yesterday, am secretly hoping he gets back so late that will have to drive to the races, but no so late we miss it, although that wouldnt be the end of the world lol! Thankfully the sun is out so can do some washing. Oh bugger got to take my trousers up aswell - better get off the pc!

yay lost 1 1/2 lbs - i know not great for a first week but am please after yesterdays day out - only had 4 glasses of wine and they had laid on a buffet, but stuck to the chicken and brie on wholegrain sandwiches, when we got home was not hungry enough for the tea i had made so we had cheese sandwhiches on white bread doh!!! OH went to sleep on sofa so sorted kids out into bed stories etc and collapsed on sofa around 8.30 and ate 2 packets of crisps! again not good, so overall 1 1/2 lbs is pretty good!

anyways
Today is the start of a brand new 100% week and i have decided to set myself a few goals

Food optimise 100%
keep syns to 70 over the week - try to keep daily syns to around 5 so i am covered it i need to have a packet of crisps towards the end of the week
exercise 4 times this week
drink more water and less pepsi max (i know both are free but apparently aspartamine encourages belly fat, and i dont need any more of that !)
Plan my whole week up front instead of day by day

would like to loose 2lb this week and i know if i food optimise 100% I can acheive it - I can do it - here goes...

Yesterday was not great - was going really well through the whole day till 6.30 when OH got a call out. Sorted out kids showers and stories and bed then got the ironing board out to keep me busy. That worked till bout 10 when i got the munchies, mainly through boardem - nothing on telly and a mound of ironing - instead of going to bed i hit the larder!

Am not gonna dwell on it as i cannot undo what has been done. I have decided that i am going to try to focus on free food so next time i get the munchies i will have a few manderins or some tomatos and olives (i know 1 syn per 7 olives but still 'cheaper' than 23 syns i had last night)

Also i didn't print out a food diary yesterday, so i wasnt holding myself accountable for the food i was putting in my mouth.

So far today i am having a good day. I am having a green day so i can have more carbs - hoping that will stop the 10pm munchies - my next job is to change the ink cartridges on the printer for my food diary.

I know I want this diet to work, I think i am just a little forgetful when 10pm munchies come around and i forget the reasons why i am doing this. When i used to go to group the consultant used to say if you lose 3 stone you gain 9 years of life. Well I have 3 stone to lose and i want those 9 years of my life back. I just have to remember those 9 years are more important than a chocolate muffin!! May have to stick '9's up on the cupboard doors to remind me.

Anyways, where are those in cartridges.....

Yay great day yesterday - didnt get the printer sorted though. I am not using hp cartridges but the ones that cost 1/4 of the price, you have to take the chip of the old cartridge and stick it onto the new ones, anyway the black and the cyan chips must've broke in the process so now instead of a printer that works but badly, now i have a printer that doesnt work at all :(

Better news on the food front where i kept myself busy all day i didnt feel the need to snack and (mainly due to the fact i was snoring on the sofa by 8.30) didnt snack through the evening. I also took the dogs for a walk individually so i got twice as much exercise, though tonight might take them both for a walk for twice as long, then they benefit too!

Today is mothers group where usually everyone takes a plate of food (usually not diet friendly food) and we go to someones house. Today it is nice so we are meeting at the park. Normally 50% of the other mums are on some kind of diet too so i have a plan - i will cut up the watermelon i have in the fridge and go and buy some grapes or some strawberries in woolies and take them, the only issue i will have is avoiding some of the other nice stuff , cos i had such a bad monday, i will have to stay strong!

wish me luck!!

Oh bugger have been so busy catching up with everyone elses diary i havent got much time to update my own!!! Anyway Mothers group was fine - great to catch up with everyone and 2 other mothers bought fruit too lol - 1 mum christy is leaving us moving 4 hours away to victoria to be closer to her parents and 1 of the kids had a birthday, so had a very small piece of chocky cake - had cream in to too so allocated 10 syns to it. Only ate fruit whilst there. for lunch just had some marmite on toast. For tea i was thinking i hadnt allocated my day so decided to go ee and have tuna nisciose (but forgot the eggs!) with a jacket spud cos sometimes after a salad you feel dead hungry an hour later! Also had cheese on my salad. Anyway at around 8pm thought had better do my diary and realised with my weetabix brekky i had buggered up with my hex's so had to syn my toast and use jacket spud as hex and make it a red day. doh that is the second time i have made that mistake - must try harder.

anyway we are going out for tea to the country club (not as posh as it sounds lol!)on friday for christy's leaving do - typical have hardly been out in the last year and now am sorting out my eating have had been out every week! Anyhow i am thinking i will definately drive that evening cos i am already near to 70 syns and its only just thursday!!!

Anyway shopping today cos have no milk, weetabix, salad or chocolate shreddies!!! chicken salad and jacket spud for tea - omlette for lunch. Hopefully make it to pump today, but have to get a wiggle on only got an hour to do brekky, dress everyone and get youngest to day care aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Yet again am doing this at the last minute - want to get to step at 9am so just 1h 20 to go and not even done brekky yet and didnt buy weetabix yesterday so have to make porridge.

so very quickly... went to pump yesterday (now have sore thighs and triceps) got a text asking if i want to go to lunch with a friend - she had 5 kids in tow with hers, her boyfriend's and her sisters, most were around my daughters age so she had friends to play with. Anyway off i went and ordered black coffee (Good) and quiche(Not so good) and salad (good) got home - quiche is 22 syns!!!!

So for tea had smoked salmon salad and jacket pot. Afterwards when i did my diary, got depressed and had a cereal bar and 2 cheese dippers doh!

Yeah - i've overdone my syns - i'll show them by eating more!!! What a dumb thing to do!!! Wouldnt guess im actually an adult!

Anyway today is a fresh day - banana porridge for brekky (once i get off pc and make it) Omelette for lunch and not sure what to do with tea - leaving do at country club. They dont do baked potato, so might go for something with rice or maybe just go for steak and salad option, they dont do menus online so am unable to plan, but if i keep my day open i can plan on the hop - not the best thing to do, but my best option today. Am also driving so will be thinking with a clear head and cutting out alcahol syns

Val72 said:
Just wanted to add for lunch had omelette with asparagus, mushroom, onion and my 28g cheese - sounds horrible but dont knock it till you've tried it - yummo!!!

Actually sounds pretty good to me, although I've never eaten asparagus!

Actually sounds pretty good to me, although I've never eaten asparagus!

i dont buy it very often as its quite expensive in uk, but it is in season here so cheap enough and it was on the turn so i thought what the hell! - in the omlette it went and it turned out really well

Yay Saturday - and OH working all weekend. He proudly annouced last night that he is under 16 stone and dead pleased with himself. He is on average losing a lb per day! Terrific!

Dont get me wrong - am very pleased for him, but deep down am more than a little jealous he is losing at 1 per day when i dont loose much more than that in a week - oh well, slow and steady wins the race!

Last night went out for christys leaving dinner, I drove so diet cola all the way :) For the meal there was very little in the way of healthy meals, so went ee. Had Beef cheek and mash with salad. Had seen jamie oliver cook beef cheek the other day, never had it before - was nice. The potato was really mushy with some lumps in it and i think they put cream in it, and could really taste it (having been making my mash with skim milk no butter since i first joined sw way back in 04!) The fact that they were v busy meant that we had to wait nearly an hour for our meals so by the time it turned up i was so hungry i didnt care bout the lumpy creamy mash and cleared my plate! Luckily we were so busy nattering and laughing, nobody even suggested dessert. :)

They all think i am completely wierd walking my dogs every day esp as we have a big back yard, apparently most australians dont walk their dogs. Am wishing i did not hear this cos i might use this in the future to be lazy and not go out with them! Must stay strong!

Anyway overall yesterday was good. have guestimated syns for creamy mash and the gravy and am now upto 104.5 syns. Have sat and sun to go on minimal syns - this is going to be tricky!

My plan: Today Going to a 7 year old's birthday party - unfortunately adults wont be allowed on the bouncy castle :( so am going to have to act like an grown up! Party is at 11.30 so will go do a exercise dvd in a mo and have my lunch around 11.15 - omelette again. Will stay well away from the buffet table esp the cocktail sausages! Tea is chicken salad with jacket potato. am gonna have it as a red day so i can have 2 lots of cheese for my hexa for omelette and jacket spud, b's are porridge made with water with banana and i will wiegh my spud - i may even cook off a bit of chicken to have in my omelette.

My plan for sunday is to staple my mouth shut!

Fruit stocks are getting low but am not planning to go shopping till tuesday - like i said, its gonna be tricky!!

Right! c'mon divina, time to get exercising

Just wanted to do an extra post today to say -my body is a temple! Just back from Hollys birthday party, didnt get round to the exercise dvd or eating my lunch before leaving and was still late! There were heaps of party pies (aka mini meat pies)mini sausage rolls and quiches, chocolate biscuits and cakes and all that passed my lips all day was 2 black coffees - not even tempted by the birthday cake (had faux cream in it so was easy to refuse!) got home at 2.30 - i was flipping starving. How i managed to pull myself together and actually cook my omlette am not sure, but i did and am now v proud of myself for staying to the scrip. Chicken salad with wieghed baked potato for tea - lovely!

Am really enjoying my diet at the mo, I am finding i am not constantly thinking about food, cos i have planned in advance - i dont even feel deprived about the fact i have no syns left - am just doing my penance for poor choices earlier in the week and i know if i want to loose weight i have to make some sacrifices. At least with sw they are sacrifices you can live with.

Next week kids are back at school - cant wait to get back into the normal routine!

Hi Val. I finally found you :D
(The link in your signature helped hehe)

I love reading all you say. Like you I am doing this from home but I think the site is too expensive and as food prices are shooting through the roof I would rather spend the money on good food. As I follow Original days meat and salad and veggies and fruit can get pretty expensive.

But I have always wondered about the extra easy days and now I get to find out, through you :D.
I can't wait for more updates.

On another note. there is nothing wrong with feeling a little jealous over something yet still pleased for them. I get that all the time with a friend, he just seems to be one of those people that doesn't try very hard and everything just seems to fall into his lap.
Also with my daughter, she doesn't need to try very hard and the weight just drops off yet I seem to really struggle to lose anything. I have always had to work hard at everything.

Until next time
Amanda ♡ ♥ ♡

Hi Amanda-Jane Great to see you here - I've been trying to figure out how to put the link in my signature since i started and couldnt work it out - thought it must be something dead hard to do - good old copy and paste!

Isnt it funny how its really wierdly comforting to know other people read my ramblings, yet is my OH comes near me while i am writing it, i switch to something else so he cant see it. Also I have to say that at the moment i dont feel i am missing out by not going to group, writing this diary every day is more than compensating for it. I have 'met' loads of new people on this site who are all very supportive, just as you do in group and am getting new recipe ideas too. Besides that it would cost me a fortune in air fares and be a 48 hour round trip to go and get weighed once a week!!!! lol ;)

For the rest of yesterday I carried on being just as saintly as I had started out - had to rush tea to watch the rugby - have just one thing to say about the England boys FFS!!! We have now decided for the rest of the tounament we will be supporting Australia - although i havent had the heart to tell OH that we will not be watching that game this avo as it clashes with the Japanese GP - which is the sport I prefer to watch, although the season is practically over and the championship is pretty much sewn up. Anyway have caught up with the ironing whilst i watched the victorious french (that really pains me to see that on screen:( )

When i got the 9.30 munchies just had a yogurt :) I got the scales out of the cupboard this morning and am looking like a 2 lb loss for tomorrow (i know i shouldnt but i couldnt help myself - have put them away now or i will be on them all day!)

Today's food is gonna be porridge for brekky, fish stick salad wrap for lunch and for tea i was going to make a sunday roast, but the weather is looking very good so might have to swap to a bbq with salad and new potatos. Am not sure if todays is red or ee - may stick to red and defrost extra fish sticks for snacks cos you get loads of new potatoes for your b choice. Either way i have to pop to the shops as have run out of lettuce and potatoes!!

Also am aiming to do an exercise dvd this morning as didnt fit one in yesterday. Also am going to do a mound of washing to replace my empty ironing pile and do some weeding in the front garden while the kids go up and down on their bikes and scooters - fun for all the family lol xxx

Back