Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

Val72 said:
Also am aiming to do an exercise dvd this morning as didnt fit one in yesterday. Also am going to do a mound of washing to replace my empty ironing pile and do some weeding in the front garden while the kids go up and down on their bikes and scooters - fun for all the family lol xxx

You have it sooo wrong! You go on your bike and scooter up and down the street while the kids do the weeding :)

Yesterday was good day, did a dvd - OH came home at lunch time with steak and bacon - they had steak bacon and egg rolls and i turned mine into a mixed grill with some tomatoes and mushrooms. The white rolls looked yummy but am pleased i resisted - did i tell you my body is a temple???

Anyways bought hubby fast and furious 5 on dvd so we sat and watched that - it was a bribe so i could watch the Grand Prix and he had to go into the bedroom to watch the Aussies play rugby. Then it was the Kiwi match in the lounge followed by underbelly and bed - so all in all i did very little other than sit on my arse all day! I also found a few more diaries that were really engrossing and full of amazing women (and men) who are really inspirational, in one thread they talked about peanut butter so had to have peanut butter on toast for my tea!!!! I usually stay clear of peanut butter as having 2 kids fairly close to eachother and breastfeeding meant i had an enforced ban for 3 years and the day after i stopped feeding my son i went out and bought a big pot which only took 2 days to decimate!!! Only now can i actually have a half eaten jar in my cupboard without feeling the urge to gobble it all up!

Anyway this morning was weigh in 3lbs Wahooooo! am dead pleased with that since i was well over 105 syns - funny how some weeks you can overdo it and loose when other weeks you stick to 70 syns or less and nothing!

This week - well i havent really planned it - that is what i intend to do this afternoon - have the gym step class after getting daughter on the bus followed by playgroup with my son. will have omlette for lunch or if i go to lunch with the other mums will go for a salad. I will get chicken out for tea, not sure what i am gonna do with it, but i fancy a hot curry so will have to do something else for the kids - i wonder if i can just put onions and mushrooms in the curry too make it ee or do i have to serve a salad with it?? will have to make some time to plan - may have had a good weight loss, but i still have a way to go...

Hi all - havent planned yet, but have got all the stuff in to stick to the plan, and that is the main thing, however have also had to get stuff in for kids lunchboxes, so bad temptation looms. I have got low syn things in - aldi popcorn is just 2.5 or 3 syns and jaffa cakes ate 2.5 per cake, however i think i am premenstral cos had 6 jaffa cakes and 2 packets of popcorn , plus peanut butter on my toast and the syns for today have racked up. also looking at my food diary i have had very little free food - it doesnt help that beans are not free here and where i was out and about i had to improvise for lunch. I had tabulah salad, which at 6 syns was quite high, but much better than the macdonalds option, although i did let my 5 year old have chicken nuggets while i had my black coffee. so today i am on 37 syns and i still feel completely ravenous, hence me thinkking its due to the impending star week as opposed to me just being plain greedy. i am currently trying to work out what would satisfy me, rather than just reaching for something which would inevitably involve syns am gonna drink a pint of water - hopefully that will do it and go and read in bed.

Am feeling disappointed with myself over yesterdays syns - it wasnt even a binge, it was just poor choices over the whole of the 16 hours i was awake for example peanut butter on toast for brekkie. I didnt weigh it so had to take the serving size on the jar and i didnt work out the syns till later - 8 syns !!!! anyway i have now bought some smooth pb so i can have less next time. I think i am just getting bored with weetabix in a morning so i have bought some bitesize shedded wheat for this morning, although 28g was a pitiful amount so i had 40g and syned the rest, so 3 syns before 8am!!! Not sure if the shredded wheat is a good idea afterall!!!

Anyway, time for some damge limitation - am gonna aim for 5 syns per day, that would still mean i am around 70 syns for the week.

my plan for the rest of the day is firstly get of my backside and run around like a crazy woman in a mo so i can get everyone ready, dogs fed,lunchboxes made, eldest on the bus for school and youngest in time for preschool so i can get to bodyvive class at the gym - only got an hour - might be tight!!

in terms of food ham omelette for lunch, chicken salad and baked spud for tea.

right better crack on time is ticking...

I have found with me that it is more what I eat than the amount of syns that I have. If I follow green days and keep syns low I will put on weight.
But that is what I like about SW, everyone can adapt it to suit themselves.

You have the rest of the week to help towards the week syn total anyway and each day is a new day.

Oh the joys of being a mum to young kids.. Hehe
My two youngest are turning 20 this Friday (got three total).

In some ways I miss all the getting things together for them. Them actually needing me rather than something from me... lol.

I think running around after kids is like housework, a good work out :D

I have found with me that it is more what I eat than the amount of syns that I have. If I follow green days and keep syns low I will put on weight.
But that is what I like about SW, everyone can adapt it to suit themselves. Yep you are right - i do much better on red days too, but its good to know the green days are there particularly when i am feeling really hungry or pms-y (not sure if that is a word) I wouldnt do a green day before weigh day though!!!

You have the rest of the week to help towards the week syn total anyway and each day is a new day. Exactly!!

Oh the joys of being a mum to young kids.. Hehe
My two youngest are turning 20 this Friday (got three total).

In some ways I miss all the getting things together for them. Them actually needing me rather than something from me... lol.
My OH says i mummy my kids too much and he is prob right, if i made them get on with it they could get themselves ready for school, but it would take them forever and never make the bus in time!

I think running around after kids is like housework, a good work out :D

hmm... i think the word running may be a little adventuous, however it does stop me stitting infront of daytime tv all day long lol!!

Am feeling stomach crampy today, just want to get the kids sorted and sit on the sofa all day long. It is supposed to be around 22 degrees so i will go out into the front garden and mow and weed this morning, i think the fresh air (and the ibruprofen) will do me good.

Food - had mini wheats again for brekkie, lunch, i'll have some smoked salmon salad, and tea pizza topped chicken with weighed new pots and salad.

I havent sorted out yesterdays syns yet, i wasnt too bad, i did need chocolate - i got hold of the block in the fridge. I cannot only eat 1 square, but i did just eat 1 line and put it back in the fridge. I'm def over my 5 syns, but only eating a little chocolate and putting it away is a victory for me. Now i just have to hope hubby eats the rest of it!!!

I have adjusted my goals for today too - am going to allow myself 15 syns. That way i can remain in control whilst im feeling so crappy and hopefully not gain. I hate feeling crappy:(

am posting a little later today kids are all in school/preschool and have already done step at the gym. Am not gonna go into yesterday, it was a bad day with poor choices, however today is a new day and i have the following goals:

1) Actually write my food in my food diary and not just leave it to decorate the fridge
2) do step class (tick)
3) mow the front and back gardens
4) come in at around 12.30 - 1pm for lunch and not leave it till 2.15, come in starving and just grab whatever i can get my hands on and shove it down my throat!
and lastly, but most importantly
5) remember I am in charge of what I eat.

right, where is that lawn mower...

Had a good day today, mostly - went to pump for the first time in months - that will hurt in the morning!

Foodwise have been really hungry so am on green today - i dont loose so much on green, but can stay in control and thats what counts. and tried to snack on free food today as much as possible.

Ahhh that is because i haven't written in here that i have had 5 really bad days and gained 3 lbs and im only on week 3!!!

It is all about 'head space' I think i am feeling really negative about this thread and i am trying to move away from the negatives so i can move on and actually lose this darn weight. Although just writing this i can see what i am actually doing is shifting the guilt of 5 v bad days off of me and onto a thread in cyber space, which is completely ridiculous if you think about it! Mmmm... might need therapy!!!

I agree with Emmaline to be honest.

When you said starting a new slate I thought you meant like, right that's it! Tomorrow is another day, start afresh.
I don't think that creating a new thread will change what has happened. We learn from what we have done and it doesn't change others from seeing it either. They will see, if you keep to this one. How you persevered and won.

Any you need to do what you feel you need to do, you will always get supporters no matter what.

xxx
:hug99:

Thank you Amanda-Jane and Emmerline. You guys are completely right. Starting a new thread will not change the past and unfortunatly I am prone to fall off the wagon occaisionally. However, it is how i cope with it and move on that counts, and burying my head in the sand and pretending it never happened will not a slim me make!

So 4 days ago i made the following goals:

"Time for a clean slate.

I have been having a couple of 100% days followed by more than a few 1% days recently so i have decided to start a new thread - a clean slate. For this diet/healthy eating malarky to work, i actually need to follow this plan properly.

My danger time is 10.30pm onwards when OH goes to bed and i stay up watching crap on the telly - eating! So now i have a plan

1. Write a food diary for the next 4 weeks
2. drink 2 litres of water per day - will purchase some bottles today so i can keep in the fridge and make sure i keep it up
3. excercise every day, even if it is just a walk - will try and do 4 classes per week.
4. go to bed by 10.30pm
5. fill in this diary every day - sorry warts and all - might get a bit wingy!!!
6. Try and go cold turkey on the pepsi max - this could be the hardest one

There that should do it. "

After 3 days of being a saint and averaging 13 syns per day I feel much better about myself and can even get my wedding ring off my finger.:D

So now i am gonna continue with these goals and re-instate my previous weight losses and gains to my history - and face up to the truth i guess.

Thanks again for the shove guys - sometimes i need a push in the right direction xxx

Yay another saintly day! despite having to stay up til 2am - my eldest lost a tooth and i was planning to go to bed at 11.30 but she got up just before saying she couldn't sleep as she was so exited about the fairy coming. So i read her another story (missed the end of the film) and watched crap on tv and waited... when i went in at 2 she was still awake twiddling her hair, so i left a note for OH and went to bed. He is doing overtime this morning and starts at 7am so he can get home earlier. Anyway he dealt with the tooth. I did have a midnight snack whilst waiting around, but it was just a free yogurt so no harm done, other than the fact i am now out of yogurt.

Anyway for today: Am taking the kids for a walk to the park via the papershop this morning. When we get back it is off to aldi's as my cupboards are getting bare - all i had for my salad last night was tomatoes and carrot - OH was not impressed, but hot veggies dont really go with bbq.

Will have to plan next weeks meals while kids playing at the park cos not done shopping list yet. Hopefully my magazine will have turned up at the paper shop so i can get some new ideas as no time to surf online - better get on that walk, it is starting to warm up here, predicted 30 degrees today also predicting it will rain all next week !!

Thank you Amanda-Jane and Emmerline. You guys are completely right. Starting a new thread will not change the past and unfortunatly I am prone to fall off the wagon occaisionally. However, it is how i cope with it and move on that counts, and burying my head in the sand and pretending it never happened will not a slim me make!

So 4 days ago i made the following goals:

"Time for a clean slate.

I have been having a couple of 100% days followed by more than a few 1% days recently so i have decided to start a new thread - a clean slate. For this diet/healthy eating malarky to work, i actually need to follow this plan properly.

My danger time is 10.30pm onwards when OH goes to bed and i stay up watching crap on the telly - eating! So now i have a plan

1. Write a food diary for the next 4 weeks
2. drink 2 litres of water per day - will purchase some bottles today so i can keep in the fridge and make sure i keep it up
3. excercise every day, even if it is just a walk - will try and do 4 classes per week.
4. go to bed by 10.30pm
5. fill in this diary every day - sorry warts and all - might get a bit wingy!!!
6. Try and go cold turkey on the pepsi max - this could be the hardest one

There that should do it. "

After 3 days of being a saint and averaging 13 syns per day I feel much better about myself and can even get my wedding ring off my finger.:D

So now i am gonna continue with these goals and re-instate my previous weight losses and gains to my history - and face up to the truth i guess ......
xxx

Gosh Val..Didn't know we had to practice being saintly!!! lol! Far from my abilities. Will just being ordinarily goodish suffice I wonder?!

Mind you, I could do with a bit of a kick up the jacksy at the mo' myself. Not having been even "goodish" for quite a few days. Think I had better sit down and write a list of do's and dont's as well!

Take care and hope the new you will keep going for a while yet... :D

Gosh Val..Didn't know we had to practice being saintly!!! lol! Far from my abilities. Will just being ordinarily goodish suffice I wonder?!

Mind you, I could do with a bit of a kick up the jacksy at the mo' myself. Not having been even "goodish" for quite a few days. Think I had better sit down and write a list of do's and dont's as well!

Take care and hope the new you will keep going for a while yet... :D

Thanks Emmerline.

Well, practice makes perfect... :8855: only joking. Ordinarily goodish is about right!

Think I might be a bit OCD - At the moment making sure i drink the water through the day has become my obsession as opposed to food, which i am feeling more relaxed about, and so am more likely to succeed (touch wood!!), as opposed to the place i was in before. Am also allowing myself the full 15 syns per day rather than 10. Funny how you cant have an awful lot for the extra 5 syns but it doesnt half make a difference.

Definately writing down my goals has helped - it made me focus on what was acheivable more than some pie in the sky that will only be counterproductive.

Mind you the proof will be in tomorrow's wi - specially as im making garlic bread to go with tonights bbq - it could all go very pear shaped!!!! Very difficult to keep your halo on when garlic bread is on the table (in my opinion!) :D

Back