Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

Thanks Tania that would've been a good idea - luckily she had the food up on her dining table and I was sat on the floor in the lounge area so far enough away so I stuck to my plans, mostly......

It all went to pot when I decided to join the girls out on the town rather than stay in and do the ironing (didn't need much arm twisting!!). Luckily I still had all my syns for the day, but still I must've had the equivalent of a bottle of wine and a few shorts - easily 40 syns - oh yeah and was completely mashed! I did, however, loads of body magic by dancing my but off on the dance floor - and showed everyone else up with my terrific moves tehe!!

Today am feeling it! I have the biggest bruise on my thigh that I've ever seen - no idea where it came from and I am craving sweet things - am also dog tired. Am hoping for a nana nap - may have to switch on the telly, hopefully there is a 'Location, location, location' marathon or similar inane property show to fall asleep to. Will keep the water coming and try to keep within my syns today.

Hangover got the better of me yesterday so todays wi was a 2.5lb gain - was determined to shift that this morning. Now its 10.25pm and am struggling to stay on track - probably cos my food has been pants:

B: weetbix and milk hex a & b
l: 2 packets of aldi popcorn (5 syns) and an apple - didnt take food to the pool - poor planning!, but was better than the sausage roll or hotdog options
t: OH made beef sandwiches on white bread 6 syns with flora 2 syns (what can you do?! - ate it cos couldnt be bothered with the argument, specially as he was trying to be nice)
snacks: Beetroot sandwich hex b, the rest of the beetroot, grapes, apple, nectarine, loads of the beef sat in the fridge, banana, yogurt and a cake bar 6 syns

So am over my syns, have eaten badly and am sat here watching the golden globes, which is must-see just to see who ricky will offend. Also water has been crap and can still taste all the salt from my hangover breakdown yesterday - overall am struggling with being positive and staying out of the larder.

Things will be better in the morning...

Last edited:
Just a quick update today - yesterday i had a fight with a packet of wafers after my last post - not sure if they won or I did, anyway, there are now none left to tempt me!

I am feeling much more positive today - according to my daily weigh in, I have actually lost weight, but cant figure that out, after last night! Also the gym is back on to the morning classes with a creche, so back to my normal routine of 4 classes per week :) Bodypump this morning was a killer, but it is good to get the class over and done with.

Have swimming lessons for the kids in a bit - Only 3 left including this one. I am over it!!!! It is good for the kids learning to have the 9 sessions over the 2 weeks, but when you have 2 kids and a 45 minute break between the 2 classes, basically I feel like I have spent the whole day at the pool.

I also have stacks of things to do before my hols. We leave first thing on Saturday, so I have all the planning, and packing to do, plus have to clean the house before we go. At the moment, I dont think we would be able to tell if we got burgled!!!! Oh yeah and the ironing is building and OH want me to sort his CV today. He has decided to put in for a job in WA, it is a fly in/fly out, so even though it is the other side of the country, we would not have to move - at least not for the time being. I wouldnt move whilst my youngest is in kindy plus we have hardly started renovating the house, which needs doing desperately before we could sell or rent it out. Anyway, playing with his cv will probably take the whole day and then ironing in the evening, but not too late - that is the plan, will have to see how it works out....

Val72 said:
Just a quick update today - yesterday i had a fight with a packet of wafers after my last post - not sure if they won or I did, anyway, there are now none left to tempt me!

I am feeling much more positive today - according to my daily weigh in, I have actually lost weight, but cant figure that out, after last night! Also the gym is back on to the morning classes with a creche, so back to my normal routine of 4 classes per week :) Bodypump this morning was a killer, but it is good to get the class over and done with.

Have swimming lessons for the kids in a bit - Only 3 left including this one. I am over it!!!! It is good for the kids learning to have the 9 sessions over the 2 weeks, but when you have 2 kids and a 45 minute break between the 2 classes, basically I feel like I have spent the whole day at the pool.

I also have stacks of things to do before my hols. We leave first thing on Saturday, so I have all the planning, and packing to do, plus have to clean the house before we go. At the moment, I dont think we would be able to tell if we got burgled!!!! Oh yeah and the ironing is building and OH want me to sort his CV today. He has decided to put in for a job in WA, it is a fly in/fly out, so even though it is the other side of the country, we would not have to move - at least not for the time being. I wouldnt move whilst my youngest is in kindy plus we have hardly started renovating the house, which needs doing desperately before we could sell or rent it out. Anyway, playing with his cv will probably take the whole day and then ironing in the evening, but not too late - that is the plan, will have to see how it works out....

Hi :) been stalking but no posting much, - sorry! I am still around checking on your progress though - sounds like you have a rush on with pre-holiday jobs! Hope you find the time and energy to get them done :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi emmey good to hear from u- allwent well with hols planning, in fact am going home tomorrow! Have enjoyed break and a different beach every day - packing up tomorrow and the gruelling 5 1/2 hour drive home, which always seems longer on the way back!

Diet wise my week started weel, but quickly deteriated into fast food choices and too many treats - although everything was slightly off-set by the fact we only ate out once per day - either lunch or tea, not both. However (strange how there is always a 'however') the off-set is more than negated by the quantity of alcohol, which I have consumed every night - tonight we had beautiful mexican food including a dessert and shared a caraff of sangria, the kids behaved well and we went for a little walk before we weebled home - perfect! just a shame those scales are gonna make me accountable on monday - my prediction is 7lbs on!!!!

I was woken up this morning at 6.45, son was holding 5 bucks from the tooth fairy for his first tooth and daughter was already dressed ready for her 1st day back to school - I got on the scales, well WI was not as bad as I thought - 4.5lbs on, I have now depressed myself as I have worked out I am now only 1.5lbs below my starting weight :(

Right time to pull my socks up!!! I may not very far along, but I am lighter than when I started and if I was not doing what I have been doing I would be an awful lot heavier! So - back on the wagon and deal with the gain!

My plan for today:
Step class, omlette for lunch, steak and salad for tea - sorted!!

Am feeling v motivated at the mo - I am writing a food diary to keep me on track and I have stuck to 14 syns yesterday. I had the munchies at 10pm, so I had a couple of manderins. UKTV is re-running every torchwood ep and are now up to 'the children of the earth' which i missed the last 3 parts of, so am having to stay up to watch - OK, I dont have to, but I am!! Anyway, I am dealing with the lateness so all is good.

todays plan is.... am not sure, prob omelette for lunch and chicken for tea. Need to go shopping and plan the week, but not in that order. Pump class at the gym and prob a nanna nap somewhere too!

Heya Val, sorry it's been a while since I last visited your diary :eek:

Where did you go on your hols? V.jealous of all those beaches, it's bloody freezing here in Manchester :(

Hmn Aussie toothfairies are rather generous, ours only leave a quid :p

Hope your motivation stays with you a while, could use some myself but I'm still stuck in lazy mode atm :rolleyes: You're doing well keeping track of your syns all the time which is more than I can say for myself :)

Doing my best to get back into regular mini'ing so I won't leave it so long until my next visit xxxx

Hi Val, Well done you for the 4.5 gain..not much as the crow flies!! lol!

Great that you are motivated to get into the swing of things again.

Hope the day went well.

Thanks Emmaline, I am feeling motivated at the mo - long may that continue!!! At first I was a bit disappointed with the 4.5 gain, but it could've been a lot worse, and you're right, in the whole journey its just a blip!

Hope your Tuesday is going well xxx

Heya Val, sorry it's been a while since I last visited your diary :eek:

Where did you go on your hols? V.jealous of all those beaches, it's bloody freezing here in Manchester :(

Hmn Aussie toothfairies are rather generous, ours only leave a quid :p

Hope your motivation stays with you a while, could use some myself but I'm still stuck in lazy mode atm :rolleyes: You're doing well keeping track of your syns all the time which is more than I can say for myself :)

Doing my best to get back into regular mini'ing so I won't leave it so long until my next visit xxxx

Hi there Lo - great to hear from you :) We went to Merimbula on the Saphire Coast, which is basically right in the south of New South Wales. It was a 5 1/2 hour drive over the snowy mountains, so lots of twisty roads and scenery - no snow though this time of year. Also we were about 2 months late for the whale watching, but we will go back for that at some point. The beaches were lovelly and sandy. I used to live just outside of Portsmouth, so just on the sea, but hardly went to the beach as it was shingle, and I wouldnt swim in the sea - it was cold and polluted. I still wont swim in the sea, now I am worried about sharks and rips, funny how it is only geography that has changed lol!!

I hope you get your mojo back soon - hopefully I will get some time to catch up on everyones diarys soon

take care xxx

Just a quick post today - its my boys first day of school, so have to give him priority lol!

Yesterday was ok - took my son to the cafe for his last lunch and I had salmon salad :). I couldn't be bothered cooking tea or doing a proper shop so bought a cooked chicken from the supermarket, had baked potato and salad with it.

Syn wise, I didnt write down as I went, which I am a bit disappointed with, and I did have a bit of a binge in the evening, but it was on grapes and yogurt. Have mixed feelings - I know it was a binge, but it was on free food, so should be all good right - still I am trying not to stuff my face at night time, so for some reason I still feel guilty. I know if I had kept track I would still be in my syns, might try and work it out later on. However, I have to go and do TWO packed lunches and sort the kids out for school - how exciting!!!

Aw bless, hope he enjoyed his first day :)

Hope your kids eat varied things for packed lunches - mine will only have buttered jacobs crackers and plastic processed cheese every day of the week :rolleyes:

Fruit and yoghurt for a 'binge' isn't so bad - as you say you probably stayed within your syns and it's the better option compared to what you could have had instead (like a plate of buttered cherry scones for example :eek:). You made good meal choices too so all in all a good food diary day :)

Thanks Tania and Lo - his first day at school went really well, I had arranged to meet up with the girls for lunch after (was good, had a salmon salad), we were all talking bout art smocks, as none of us had sorted one out for our kids and 3 of us had kids starting school. Anyway, ended up in the sewing shop and I bought a pattern and material for a cool dinosaur smock - mind you a cheap one in Target cost $12, well it cost me more than that for for pattern, all up cost me $76, the equivalent of 50 pounds, and I still had to make it!!!. I also agreed to make one for one of my friends. So, thats what I have been up to for the last 4 days, 2 art smocks and 2 library bags. The truth is the library bags took longer than the art smocks, as I used what was left of the material and ended up with a patchwork effect - looks good. I also lined the bags so the books wouldnt ruin the bags - they look sooooo good.

Anyway foodwise - as I was distracted by the sewing, I guess it stopped me snacking as much as I would, but I wasnt tracking my syns. I was making good choices, but they werent the best choices, so OH would suggest chip shop chips, I went and bought frozen and cooked them - not free and I didnt weigh them, but better than the alternative!

Anyway, some how I have lost 2.5 lbs this week. I should be dead pleased, but I kind of feel that I dont deserve it. I know this is dangerous, I feel like I deserve a gain and therefore will eat until I get one - well that is what my head is telling me. What I am going to do is write everything down this week, so I can get another loss next week - thats the plan!

todays schedule is to get the kids to the bus on time, followed by step, followed by mowing and gardening. Also might nip into playgroup to see if my friend Nat has had the baby, she is a week over already. - exciting!!!

Last edited:
Val72 said:
Thanks Tania and Lo - his first day at school went really well, I had arranged to meet up with the girls for lunch after (was good, had a salmon salad), we were all talking bout art smocks, as none of us had sorted one out for our kids and 3 of us had kids starting school. Anyway, ended up in the sewing shop and I bought a pattern and material for a cool dinosaur smock - mind you a cheap one in Target cost $12, well it cost me more than that for for pattern, all up cost me $76, the equivalent of 50 pounds, and I still had to make it!!!. I also agreed to make one for one of my friends. So, thats what I have been up to for the last 4 days, 2 art smocks and 2 library bags. The truth is the library bags took longer than the art smocks, as I used what was left of the material and ended up with a patchwork effect - looks good. I also lined the bags so the books wouldnt ruin the bags - they look sooooo good.

Anyway foodwise - as I was distracted by the sewing, I guess it stopped me snacking as much as I would, but I wasnt tracking my syns. I was making good choices, but they werent the best choices, so OH would suggest chip shop chips, I went and bought frozen and cooked them - not free and I didnt weigh them, but better than the alternative!

Anyway, some how I have lost 2.5 lbs this week. I should be dead pleased, but I kind of feel that I dont deserve it. I know this is dangerous, I feel like I deserve a gain and therefore will eat until I get one - well that is what my head is telling me. What I am going to do is write everything down this week, so I can get another loss next week - thats the plan!

todays schedule is to get the kids to the bus on time, followed by step, followed by mowing and gardening. Also might nip into playgroup to see if my friend Nat has had the baby, she is a week over already. - exiting!!!

Take your loss and enjoy it!

Pictures of the smocks! And where can I place my order? Lol

Take your loss and enjoy it!

Pictures of the smocks! And where can I place my order? Lol

Ha ha, will happily run you one up - might be a bit steep on the shipping costs though lol!!!

Anyway will try and put the picture on - its my first time, but here goes....

Attachments

• smock.jpg
    smock.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 18
Oh that is soooo cute, you clever thing you! :D

Mn speaking of shipping costs - I bought a latch hook rug kit thing off ebay from an american woman, mean thing has put proper prices on the customs cert so I've got to pay another £12 to get the thing off the post office, PO'd since it was a second hand item too :mad: Eh well, thought some sort of handicraft thing would help me take my mind off things :rolleyes:

How's the first week at school going so far for your son?

Well done on your loss - don't knock yourself back with 'I don't deserve it' thinking - gets you nowhere telling yourself that (I should know :eek:). You keep at it, slow and steady missus :)

Hi there Lo and thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

I have not been on here much and tbh my enthusiasum is waning, but great to see you have re-started, and I know that I can too - so am gonna give it my all this week.

I had a little gain - 1/2lb, but I put my back out on Wednesday - I think it was the gardening on the Tuesday that did it, so thur/fri I was basically just sat around all day, pretty much just eating! I think the only reason I didnt eat and gain more was because it hurt to get the food!! Anyway, it has gradually improved. Today it is not 100%, I would say around 95, so I would normally do pump at the gym, but I will get the wii out and do some 'just dance', that way I can stop it if gets too much. Although I have planned to mow the lawns today too - not sure if that is a good idea... I only did them last week but we have had a few good downpours and the chuffing stuff grows so quickly out here! I might bin the idea of exercising and just focus on the garden. I love that the garden is no where near the kitchen and takes my mind off food!!!

Back