Diary of losing my baby weight (now that my son is 5!)

With the evil roll I ended up on 19.5 syns for the day, not too bad, only 2 syns up on where I should be for the week. I had to do a swop on my ee day cos the kids had sausage sandwich at the preschool concert so didnt want tea so I just had a baked spud with beans and a mango covered in yogurt for pud. I love mangos - makes me feel like I am actually having naughty food, surely anything that tastes that good cant be free...

Today foodwise am not sure if I am on a red day or ee??

B weetbix and milk hex a and b
L Smoked salmon salad - how posh am I !!!
T either something with the frozen chicken that is still sat in the freezer, with salad and baked spud - or down to the noodle shop, for a stirfry, will be around 15 syns on ee
Snacks so far have had a banana and a yogurt. I have 3 more yogurts in the fridge that run out of date today, so will be able to keep syns down to have the noodles, prob wont be able to eat them all, they do say you can have yogurt the next day, but am not convinced!!!

The kids have their last swimming lesson this afternoon (till next month anyway) so am going to stay behind afterwards so they can have a play. I am going to get my swimmers on so they can have some time jumping from the diving board (am loving the invention of the 'rashie' basically a t-shirt made out of swimsuit material that not only stops shoulders from being burnt, but also when teamed up with a pair of board shorts covers up bulgy bits that you dont want on show) Also I will get heaps of exercise treading water in the deep end (another brilliant invention for covering up bulgy bits lol) whilst at the same time preventing my kids from drowning - its win/win!!

Also today, had opticians appointment - my eyesight has improved slightly so I got a sample pair of lenses to test for a month and the appointment was covered by the aussie equivelant of the NHS - result!!

Today has been a good day!! (so far anyway, hope I am not jinxing myself lol)

I didnt jinx myself - it was a good day. Kids ended up with oven chips and nuggets for tea, I resorted to a ready meal that I had in the freezer and added green beans and broccolli to it. Worked it out to be 5 syns. Then I had a weightwatchers jelly and fruit for 1 syn followed by another yogurt. Kids had the other 2 yogurts so no worries on the out of date yogurt issue! Had a fun time at the pool to - about 20 mins treading water in the end. After tea we all went out to late night shopping, which was fun until my kids broke something in the gift shop and I had to pay for it. It was a footballer with a big head so you can put your glasses on it - not incredibly useful I took it home anyway, superglued it and will wrap it for them for xmas !!

Last night I went shopping onthe M&S website and have ordered all pressies for the folks in the UK - was really pleased as they have some hampers for 1/2 price, got my sis and her hubby some bottles of wine and some chocies should be 100 down to 50 quid - bargain!!

Today is quite boring - have done step already, just shopping and cleaning to do. Kids are having their last day of term at school/pre-school and are armed with xmas cards. I am taking the environmentally friendly stance of looking after the trees and the landfill situation by not sending any xmas cards this year. its great that i'm not lazy - I am green!!!

Todays food: Red

B weetbix and milk hex a and b (getting v boring writing this everyday, must try to juss it up!!!)
l Bin to the fish man!!! Oysters and prawn salad
t prawn salad and baked spud (well cant let the prawns go off!!!)

have also ordered my fish for xmas lunch - prawns, crab, oysters and swordfish - yummo!!!

Yesterday was a fairly good day food wise, except for the ice lolly reward i gave myself after finishing up the ironing (well actually that it turned into 2 lollies!) - luckily am only 2 syns up on the week and my scales are showing a decent loss for the week so far. I just have to stick with it over the weekend so all my hard work doesnt just go down the toilet!!.

I dont have a lot planned for the weekend, the kids want me to take them to the pool, mmm.. we'll see if they tidy their rooms!!! Its supposed to rain tomorrow, so I may have to plan some craft or cooking or similar - got 6 weeks of school hols and i am struggling on day 1! aarrrggghhh!!!

Food for today - ee
B Fruit salad and yogurt - for a change!!
L salad with either smoked salmon or prawns
T home-made burgers with cheese and wholemeal roll hex a and b and wedges ( might be free ones or I might syn some frozen ones, depends how lazy i feel)

Todays exercise will be just dance 3 on the wii for an hour, also have to clean the house (yawn!!) Should've done it yesterday, but I spent 2 hours on the internet so didnt get much done (bad me!!)

Hi Val *waves*

Don't you just hate it when you eat something you think is healthy and low Syn and it turns out to be the opposite..

I think in general you are doing great. Definitely more good days than bad. :D

You are so positive, I think you can do this. We all know you can. :)

Plus you got us behind you for the good days and with you on the bad.

Hi Val *waves*

Don't you just hate it when you eat something you think is healthy and low Syn and it turns out to be the opposite..

I think in general you are doing great. Definitely more good days than bad. :D

You are so positive, I think you can do this. We all know you can. :)

Plus you got us behind you for the good days and with you on the bad.

Hi Amanda-jane :wavey:

Thanks for that - not going to a group, I do rely on minimins, and its good to know that I have support from my online buddies.

I do get annoyed with myself when I eat something and dont check it out till later, but I never seem to learn! - I had some mint yoyos last night - 4.5 syns each, could've had a yogurt ice lolly for that, but I didnt check it till this morning grrr!!! But I guess you just have to enjoy it and move on. Anyway, have left myself with zero syns for today :sign0007: - roll on Monday lol xxx

So far so good today foodwise - I am already over my syns for the week by 11.5 so I made sure I did a dvd today. Viki Binns from corrie dvd. It makes me laugh cos she is the same height as me and her start weight of 10 st 3 she is made out to be really big - that is the weight I am aiming for for my 40th birthday - laugh was not the right word, more irony I guess!

Anyway, food today ee

b normal weetbix thing hex a and b
l omelette with onion and bacon and 14g of cheese (2 syns)
t beef and mushroom ragout (1 syn) with mash spud and veggies
snacks fruit and yogurt

ok, so not zero syns, but I know I can stay strong and keep it to just 3 syns for the day. Have to stay strong - I so want a good result tomorrow morning. I have one of my daughters hair elastic on my wrist to remind me - if this works I may do this longer term.

You seem to cope the way I usually do with Syns hehe. But we all find out what works for ourselves. :D

It was never meant to be easy unfortunately, unlike the gaining weight part...

As Emz says in her signature.. 'Life is for living, not for slimming'. I love that. :D

Yay - lost that same old 4lbs I have been toying with the last 3 weeks lol - when they say yo-yo dieter am not sure it's supposed to mean week to week haha. Anyway 4lbs off despite having 124 syns for the week is a result however you look at it. I am spurred on to think that maybe I could even lose this week despite weigh day being on boxing day. OH has put his foot down saying he wants trifle for xmas day, but we are not having a starter, just 2 puds lol. I will have a bit, but maybe just a kiddy portion as opposed to my usual burly 6ft 5 bloke portion that I usually have. And am not buying any selection boxes or dipping type stuff either, so only syns with be at meal times. Am also going to make sure I do exercise everyday except xmas day - am deffo onto a weight loss week.

That said I have just got home from taking the kids to playgroup, instead of going to the cafe we had noodles in from the noodle shop. I now feel completely stuffed and have prob had all my syns for the day in that 1 meal. Oh well - fruit and yogurt for pudding again tonight lol!!

i have been getting a bit slack posting my food lately so here is yesterday: ee

b weetbix and milk hex a and b
l noodleshop noodles 15 syns
t leftover ragout from yesterday (1 syn) on a baked pot with yogurt and fruit for afters
snacks more yogurt and fruit and a packet of jj's (3.5 syns)

so total 19.5 syns for the day

Today I will aim for around 10 syns to even things up. food is looking like this:

b the weetbix thing hex a and b
l 2 tuna onion and cheese wraps (6 syns) and hex a
t grilled chicken, salad and baked spud hex b plus 21g lf cheese (3 syns).

My day is not looking v exciting, pump at the gym and if it gets warm I might take the kids to the pool. Tomorrow I have to go and get my old fixed pc from the shop in the city (bout an hour away) so will have to make a list today of stuff I want to do while I am there. There is also the botanical gardens with a free zoo to go round, so will deffo be doing that. I am thinking a home made picnic will save me from the terrors of take away food - or i might look up the values of subway sandwiches - so much planning to do....

Congrats on your loss Val, that's great news.
Losing weight, and even life is like that isn't it. Up one moment and down the next. I think it is how we deal with it in the end. Same with weight loss.
Plus no one is harder on us that we are ourselves.

Thanks for that Amanda-Jane, you are very wise.

Yay its Christmas Eve - and due to living in the future and the miracle of time zones, I get there 11 hours before the folks in the UK!!

My week has not really gone to plan at all!!, you dont need the details - today I am gonna do some damage limitation and stick to the plan for the day. That said what I am actually planning is to have syn free food all day so I can have a couple of bottles of beer whilst I finish off the wrapping this evening.

Most of the prep is done - housework done yesterday, I just have to keep the darn thing clean for 24 hours - how hard can that be!!!... Just got to 1 more load of washing, assemble and decorate the gingerbread house, the triffle, finish the ironing and wrap the santa gifts - No worries!!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone xxxxx

Yay am back with a vengence!!! Had a fab xmas with just the 4 of us, had a friend over for boxing day with her 2 kids and her mother for a fab boxing day, lots of wine enjoyed by all (except the kids, obviously!!)

Today is a new day and am back on the wagon. Have got 62 days until I my 40th birthday and 4 weeks till we go on our hols. Am currently too scared to stand on the scales, so I will do that first thing tomorrow.

Todays food:
B egg and bacon sarnie on white bread (6 syns) - OK not a great start, but no wholemeal in!!
Lunch: a packet of JJ's (like quavers, but chicken-y) (3.5 syns) and a couple of apricots
Tea: not decided yet but will be with the mince in the fridge - have all h/ex left, so might do meatballs and spaghetti

I need to plan mydays a little better i think!!

Yesterday went to plan - made spag bol in the end with grated cheese over for a hex a - no hex b's all day - bad me!!!, but spaghetti was the wholemeal stuff.

Today I have been awake since 4.30, so no doubt I will pay for that later (...or I may try to get a nana nap..) probably because I had an early night to get away from tempting food ideas!!!.

I dont have a lot in my cupboard, but I did buy some nice cheeses, which havent been eaten, but I am aiming to use these up in my hex choices as I go along, so I still get to have a little bit and lose weight.

Today I am gonna do a dvd workout this am, then am going to clean the fridge - still smells fishey after xmas day food - deep joy! Hopefully it will be nice after lunch so will take the kids to the pool for a hour or so and after tea the whole family can come with me to walk the dogs.

Foodwise will go with a ee day

b: weetabix
l: omellette with bacon and onion
t: will turn remainder of bolagnaise into a hot chilli with kidney beans on a jacket spud and salad - will give the kids nuggets instead of chilli

Also need to buy a wii game online that i can use to allow me to use the usa biggest loser game which my mother bought for me for xmas on my uk wii, may work out cheaper to just buy the pal version of the biggest loser!!!

So that is my day planned out - am sooooo not looking forward to the fridge cleaning malarky!!

Yesterday went pretty much to plan, had 15.5 syns, (but wont worry bout 0.5 as was lower the day before) and I procrastinated so much about cleaning the fridge I didnt manage to get to the pool with the kids so I have promised to spend the whole day there today. Will take a picnic to minimise syn impact as the canteen only does hot dogs and pasties!

On a positive note though I keep opening the fridge just to see how lovely and clean it is - just like new - (am a saddo!!)

Todays plan - get to the pool for 10.30 ish, back around 3.30. Step class at 5.30, then ironing. Only fly in the ointment will be if OH is late home from work or gets called out, then no step class - grrr!

Foodwise will probably go ee

b weetbix and milk hex a and b
l ham salad sandwich (6 syns for the bread)
d a ready meal from the freezer plus extra veg (will be around 6 syns)

Am making do today as cupboards are bare and payday is tomorrow

Have been on the pc for 1.5 hours already this morning checking out 'stuff' so nothing acheived and its already 9.30 - oops!!

Yesterday went pretty much to plan (except didnt do ironing, oh well, it'll wait!!) Have sore shoulders today from down at the pool, must've spent an hour treading water at the deep end while the kids were jumping in. The little diving board was out of order so they were both jumping off the bigger board. Great fun was had by all!! Only thing is my daughter has sunburn on her face, as only re-applied cream once - so am feeling v guilty bout that. She was in the big pool all day, my son spent time in the two smaller pools, which both have sun shades over, so he did not burn. Letting your kids get burnt is really frowned upon here - bad me!

Foodwise was good - went red in the end as had some microwave steam fish in the freezer with a topping on worked out 1 syn, so in total 11 syns.

Hopped on the scales this morning (I know not good, but on non-weigh days I weigh in Kilos, so in my mixed up head it's not offically cheating!!!) Anyway am back to my pre-christmas weight - hurrah - just 5 kilos to go to my 2010 pre-christmas weight lol!!!

Today is pay day so shopping before lunch then cleaning the house - will have to wack on some tunes and dance a round with the hoover!!

oops - last night I fell into a tub of dip and some crackers - I guess that was always gonna be a temptation with it being in the house - will try and stick to minimum syns over the next couple of days - today is NYE an am going to a birthday party - luckily it is for a 1 year old so hopefully will be able to resist the treats. Will be driving so wont have alcohol issues to worry about. am feeling positive despite hickup.

Happy New Year

Went to 1 year old party with 2 bottles of wine lol!! Anyway, had 2 days off - 1 drinking and party nibbles, the other fending off the hangover!!! Oh well, whats done is done. Have gained another 2lbs, so looking on the bright side, I am 4lbs lighter than I was in september. Time to stop mucking about though - new year, working towards a lighter me, might have to reserect the elastic band on wrist trick to keep reminding me to stay on track. Just 3 weeks til my holiday - if I work hard I could lose 1/2 stone by then - would be dead pleased with that.

Todays plan - am cleaning and scrubbing the house - not my idea of fun, but have pink on full blast and am doing a bit of body magic shimmying as i go!!! May take the kids to the pool after - hopefully OH will come too so we can each do some lengths while the other one watches the children.

Foodwise, was planning on doing a stew for tea, but as it's gonna be a 40 degree day, may have to rethink and have bbq instead!!!!

Yesterday was a good day and a bad day all at once - resisted snacking in the evening, with the help of the iron. My lack of planning food planning meant that I switched days after lunch to ee, even though I had 2 a choices already - anyway I had 19 syns yesterday, which sounds like I really pigged out, when infact all I had synwise was 2 wraps (3 each), 42g lf cheese (6) ice lolly (4.5) stir fry sauce (2.5)!! Feel a little ripped off, but I made those choices so have to just get on with it.

Today's plan is to go for a red day - have chicken thighs in fridge, need to buy a marinade, or better still, will find a low syn recipe as need to pull back a little today. So cereals for brekky, omellette for lunch, bbq thighs with new spuds and salad to tea - yummo (will take my skin off chicken, not decided yet if the kids skin should be removed too!!)

Todays activites - will do a dvd this morning. Have to nip to the shops, gonna try and get a big zip to repair son's tent - they have both been sleeping in their tents in the playroom since boxing day - which is kinda cute, and have been asking to sleep outside. Must fix zip first or he will get bitten like a pin cushion!! Also have to take my pressie back from OH - he bought me a size 10 polo shirt - gotta laugh, even at a size 10, am not a size 10 top!!!:rolleyes:

Will prob take kids to pool this arvo as gonna be another hot one! That is the plan.

Back