Diary of silencemylips - lets get on this!

My friend is getting married at the end of the month, having a total mind block on what I could wear! And wondering how much thinner I'd be in t minus 17 days, hmm!

I would say at least half a stone! Probably more at the rate you're going! I'd go for a nice maxi dress or midi dress with heels :)

I'm not sure about maxis with my arse, haha! it always seems too meh! but might try one of those maxi skirts with layers!

Ooh I love a good maxi skirt! I'd never know what to wear one with though. I was never sure about maxi dresses cos I'm not very tall, but I bought one last year and it is very slimming! Hate wearing them in the heat though because my thunder thighs rub together!!! Saw a gorgeous maxi skirt on topshop website at the weekend. I think it was 'smoke print' and it was very unusual and lovely :)

Nice!!!! It has sleeves too, bonus! I hate having to cover my arms with a cardi or jacket when wearing a dress!

same! i feel like everyone knows I'm covering up and it makes me look bigger because it hides my waist!
that smoke skirt in AHMAZING!!

That dress is lovely! :)

I was feeling a bit down before, not too sure why, maybe it's because my body seems to think its totm again (when it's not!) or nervousness for being a witness at crown court tomorrow, not sure but I felt pretty shitty and craved chocolate to make it better. So I went and bought myself some new pjs, well just some pretty shorts, had myself a lovely on plan meal, had a Jo Malone infused bath and now in my fresh jammies and a yankee banananut bread candle burning and a drinking mango shake. It's been nice chilling out and treating myself a little. That and I feel quite confident in my pj shorts, never had shorts before, they're really cute!

Aww that sounds lush! It's so good that you recognised your craving and didn't give in to it and found something alternative to make you feel better! :D

I take it back about the shorts! They were labeled the wrong size and are in fact a 16 not a 14! Yet are big and loose in areas like my waist, I am wearing them right on the biggest bit of my hips which might be why they fit ok there, but that made me a little depressed!

I'm so bored now though, say in witness support at the court, god knows when I'll be out of here :(

Last edited:
Court went really well and I didn't have to go and make a statement, thank god I was so nervous about that.
Went out for a local meal, had a chicken salad, looked lovely, but so did the chips and steak and pie! oh and the desserts sounded ridiculous!!! But I cant lbs off and so far I've only lost 1lb so far and only a few days left, the water will be downed!

Glad everything went ok! Chicken salad sounds delish! And I bet you feel great that you didn't cave in with the chips and puddings!! Have you got any plans this weekend?

I do feel good, it seems like another lb off so far this morning! I'm working all weekend so no plans really, bit pants! Are you doing anything nice?

Yay well done! I've got a 3 day weekend and was meant to be going out on Sunday night but I'm so so skint! So doing nothing :(

Really want another 5lbs off this week, not sure it's going to happen though
you should just have a right good chilled weekend!

Back