Total Solution Diary of total solution 100% (hopefully!)

GJ84

Well I decided last year would be my year to lose weight again. So I joined slimming world and had lost 2 1/2 stone by the summer. But by the end of the year I had put it all back on. So I am determined this year will definitely be my year!
I have done Cambridge before (about 6 years ago) and lost about 7st but then got pregnant and went crazy with food and eventually put it all back on and more. I have tried Exante a couple of times in the past but never stuck to it.
So I started total solution on Monday 8th January 2018 weighing in at 18st 8lb, I am 5ft 7.
So today is day 6 and I have been 100% so far. I haven't had any headaches which I normally get in the initial days, i would say day 3 and 4 were my toughest, I felt hungry and craved food. But I drank plenty of water and had early nights!
I was going to try and get weighed just once a week and I am still going to try and do that going forward but I have just been on the scales this morning after 5 days and I have lost 9 1/2lb. It has really give me the motivation to get through the weekend.
I have 2 young daughters so it is tough but my partner is helping. He is also dieting but not Exante.
I really feel in the zone at the minute so I just hope I can stick to it. I sometimes think of having a small snack like a piece of chicken but it is a slippery slope for me so I have resisted so far.
My motivation is wanting to enjoy a holiday and just days out with the kids without not doing things because of my size. I also put off meeting up with friends I haven't seen for a while because of my size.
I can do this!

You really can do this! You're doing fantastically well and should be so proud of yourself. Good luck on the rest of your journey :)

Welcome and well done on your weight loss! 9 1/2lbs is fabulous in five days!

Great feeling when you are in the zone...long may it continue.

Thanks everyone. Fingers crossed being in the zone does continue! It has been a test today, took the kids for a walk to get some fresh air and some gentle exercise and they persuaded me to take them for a treat which meant sitting there watching them eat lovely things. But we are back home now and I have just had my chicken and leek soup and lots of water and pleased I didn't give in to temptation.

Hi GJ what a fantastic loss for just your first five days!! :0clapper:

I started the same day as you, although I'm doing three packs plus a small meal so that I can eat something with my family in the evenings - just protein and green veg, and it's a tiny portion, but it's important to me and I think will stop me straying when I'm cooking for everyone else. I'm weighing in on Mondays. Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot of each other. I have 6st to lose in total but my first goal is three and I hope to have that off by Easter. What I'm missing most is my glass of wine Friday and Saturday night. (That's why I'm here now, LOL)!

Will let you know how I get on on Monday. :classic_big_grin:

Thanks Spinoza. My first goal is 3 stone for Easter too! So fingers crossed for us both! I have got a weekend away booked the week after Easter so I am seeing that as my motivation at the minute. It just seems so far away!
I am really missing wine too 😣. Not even just a weekend, just some days after work once the kids are in bed!
I thought about having a small meal too but I think I am safer ruling food out altogether, at least for now.
My weigh in day will be a Monday too so it will be good to see how we both get on each week. I am going to put the scales away each week to prevent me getting on mid week like I did this week!
What are your fave products so far?
My best shake is the vanilla almond one. I really like almond flavour and I find it doesn't have that diet shake taste that you get with some other flavours.
I tried the apple crumble and custard yesterday which was surprisingly nice. I also quite enjoy the chicken and leek soup.
My problem is I get sick of things really quickly so things I like now, i probably won't in a couple of weeks!
The only product I have tried so far that I have really not liked is the chicken fajitas.

I've done exante before so I thought I knew what I liked, LOL! I ordered almost all savoury meals - chicken piri piri and Mexican rice - but they're disgusting and not at all like the pasta meals they replaced. I'm stuck with them for this month though. I've tried adding more and less water, various flavourings etc - no better. I also have a few bars for when I'm out and about. I have. To be careful with sweet stuff as that's my downfall. I'll go for straightforward soups next month.

Meant to say - I totally agree about tastes changing. I went through a phase of the apple crumble and the totally went off it!

You are doing amazingly well to stick to plan when you don't even like the products! Hopefully you will find some more things you like for next month.
I have just ordered some bars to take to work for my lunch. I haven't told anyone at work what diet I'm doing yet so have been sneaking to the car and making my shake up at lunchtime! Will be easier to have a bar instead.
Today has been fine, I had to cook sausages and eggs this morning for the kids breakfast and a bolognese ready for their tea and i managed it without picking!
I had a golden syrup porridge this morning which was ok and I've had a chicken, ham and pasta soup this afty which was also ok. One product left for this evening which will probably be a shake.
I am not feeling hungry anymore but I do still crave food. Happy to have nearly completed 1 week 100% though.

I am not feeling hungry anymore but I do still crave food. Happy to have nearly completed 1 week 100% though.

Snap. I want to eat all the time just to have the feel of food in my mouth. Weird, isn't it?

Official 1st week weigh in today and I lost 11lb :D
I have been feeling hungry all afternoon (might have something to do with the time of the month) so instead of being miserable, I have just add a meal of a small chicken breast and a little bit of stir fry veg. The whole lot was just over 200 cals and very few carbs so I'm hoping it doesn't effect my weight loss too much.
I am just going to allow myself a small meal like that on days I feel I need it. Hopefully it will keep me going rather than me quitting.

Official 1st week weigh in today and I lost 11lb :D
I have been feeling hungry all afternoon (might have something to do with the time of the month) so instead of being miserable, I have just add a meal of a small chicken breast and a little bit of stir fry veg. The whole lot was just over 200 cals and very few carbs so I'm hoping it doesn't effect my weight loss too much.
I am just going to allow myself a small meal like that on days I feel I need it. Hopefully it will keep me going rather than me quitting.
Very very sensible GJ. *You* own the diet. *You* control the diet, not vice versa. Also, I'm doing this every day, so every day you don't you're 200 calories ahead of me. Race you! :whacky068:

Also - fantastic loss, well done!

Did you weigh in today? How did you do?
Sorry forgot to report back. 7 off! I'm a very happy Spinoza! :woohoo:

How's today been GJ? I'm still munching my way through my packs but it's getting hard - it's the horrible gloopy texture - like disgusting savoury porridge. Maybe I should try to convince myself it's some kind of Heston Blumenthal creation - he does weird stuff like that too doesn't he? Can't see snail porridge making it into the exante range any way soon, but you never know...

😂
Well done on your loss! We will smash our 3 stone target by Easter!
I find being on plan fine whilst at work, I have a shake in the morning before I leave the house and I now bring a bar for my lunch. I drink lots of water at work too.
After I had my little meal yesterday, I didn't have my third product. I wasn't sure whether to or not but didn't fancy any of them so didn't bother.
I haven't decided whether to just stick to an Exante soup tonight or have a small meal again.
I feel for you having to force the gloop down 😣 I still don't mind some of the products I have so it's not too bad for me. Just the cravings for lovely things and wine!! Easter seems so far away!

But it will fly. We know because we've done it before. Keep posting here - really helps me to have people in the same boat to mither at talk to! ;)

Back