Diary: Quest For The (10) Stone.

Just tried the tomato soup for my dinner. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I did add curry powder and cayenne pepper. Could only manage half of it. Really tried to finish it but my stomach feels like it's going to burst :(

A friend i've not seen in a few weeks wants to go out on Saturday night for food and drinks. I explained to her about being on exante and that meaning I can't drink, or eat any conventional food. I'm thinking though, it'll probably be fine to have a green salad right? That'll keep me in ketosis and is low in calories.
I'm actually feeling guilty at the thought of eating a salad.
I would just feel awful sitting there watching her eat and I know she'd feel the same. It would be awkward.
The thing is, I don't even want to eat food.
Do you think having a salad will do much damage or am I acting crazy?

Phew! Told her that I probably wouldn't manage to eat a salad when we're out as my packs fill me up so much. Nothing is going in my mouth except the packs, water and the occasional glass of Dr. Pepper Zero!

Morning DM, how ru today? Did your friend take it ok about you not being able to eat?

Still thinking about that lovely fresh bread smell lol

I'm good thanks. :)
My friend took it surprisingly well. Said she wouldn't pressure me to eat. Which is a relief! I'll just have my soup before I meet her, so I'll be full up and wouldn't be able to eat if I wanted to! lol.

i've forgot to have lunch today, so I'm off to make a vanilla shake. Then just have soup at around 8pm.

How is your day going?

Day 5.
I took the toffee, nut and raisin bar to work with me for my breakfast. The bars are so delicious. Thumbs up for both kinds.

Tried the vanilla shake for lunch, liked that too.
Veg soup for Dinner. Over blended it, I think cause it went a bit foamy on the top, which wasn't too nice.

I had trouble with the timings of my packs today. I lost track of time and since i'm not feeling hungry, I didn't realise I hadn't had lunch until 4pm!

I've had about 3lts of water today and 2 cans of Dr Pepper zero.

Can't believe my first week is almost over. I'm quite scared about my first weigh in...

Anyway, hope everybody else has had a good day! I'm off to bed to dream.

x

My official WI isn't until tomorrow, but this morning I jumped on the scales and HATED what I saw.
I've stuck to TS 100% all week and I've only lost 3lbs. :cry:
I started my TOTM on day 2, so maybe that's why. Still expected more than that though. I know others have had their TOTM and still had pretty good losses. Infact, I don't think i've heard of a loss as small as mine.

I nearly cried when I went on the scales.
I feel like a failure. :(

I've always liked the dentist, since I was a child. Don't know why. Call me a masochist! haha.

I'm surprised I went into ketosis yesterday, I really didn't expect it to happen. I think most people wait until the 5th day before it happens.
I'm surprised that my breath isn't stinky, I can taste the strange-ness though, which isn't pleasant. I carry around a mint spray just incase though. haha.
How are you getting on today?

I like going to the dentist too loool you are not alone!!

My official WI isn't until tomorrow, but this morning I jumped on the scales and HATED what I saw.
I've stuck to TS 100% all week and I've only lost 3lbs. :cry:
I started my TOTM on day 2, so maybe that's why. Still expected more than that though. I know others have had their TOTM and still had pretty good losses. Infact, I don't think i've heard of a loss as small as mine.

I nearly cried when I went on the scales.
I feel like a failure. :(

Aww don't worry hun! pixar on here only had a loss of 2lb in her first week and she was also on TOTM. There was also another lady on here who stayed STS for days and then one day boom! 7lb loss! People vary in terms of TOTM but there are loads of people out there that are able to retain a LOT of weight during that period. All because it was a poor loss this week doesn't mean you are not losing or doing something wrong. Wait until next week's WI when the TOTM has passed and you'll most certainly get a result to make up for this week and more! But to do that, you can't let this setback demoralise you and allow you to go off track. Keep going, 100%. You are not alone on this. :)

Thank you Lozza, you've made me feel so much better :)
I guess it'll all even out in the end. I'll just have to keep sticking at it. x

Thank you Lozza, you've made me feel so much better :)
I guess it'll all even out in the end. I'll just have to keep sticking at it. x

You're welcome! We are here for support when you feel you're about to sidetrack! I know that when I'm on TOTM I retain ~4lbs so I always expect an STS or gain that week and as long as you know it's coming it's fine. Sometimes I don't even have a WI that week if I'm on TOTM!

I suppose I should be happy I lost any weight on my TOTM, It could've been worse. I hope I can have a decent loss next week. Fingers crossed!

Hey DM Awww don't beat yourself up and don't lose heart babes. 3lb is still a loss.. think of it in terms of bags of sugar!

Next week you may well find you have a bigger loss, totm makes us all puffy and bloated so that's all it'll be. Stick strong to TS this week and see what happens. Don't forget if the scales don't make you smile, the tape measure might x x

Thanks Keely, a bag of sugar is pretty heavy. I'm gonna way myself again tomorrow anyway and I might pull out the tape measure again. :)

I started a new job on Monday, so I've not been on here much over the last few days as i'm usually shattered after work.

Still sticking to TS 100%. No slip ups as of yet, which i'm proud off.
I'm really looking forward to my 2nd weight in on Monday. Not sure if it'll be a good loss but I sure hope so. I can feel a big difference in my clothes already. I've started walking to work every morning, which takes about 20 minutes and is just over a mile. Think it'll make all the difference and save me a pretty penny in taxi costs. It also helps that my job is pretty active and i'm constantly on my feet, running around like a headless chicken.
Really struggling to force myself to eat the soup. Not having them until about 9 at night because otherwise I don't finish it, which I know is bad. It's not because I don't like them, but because it makes me feel like i've eaten a gigantic pizza or something. Suppose it's a good thing that it fills me up.

I'm taking extra good care of moisturising, as i've heard it helps the skin tone up along with the weight loss. Been putting baby oil in my baths and then using baby lotion afterwards. Boy do I smell good. haha.

I still need to work on my water intake. I can't drink much water at work anymore as I'm in view of customers and too busy.

Anyways, that's about it. Hope everybody is going strong! :)
x

Still sticking to exante 100%
Still need to work on drinking more water.
Happy with my loss so far, 7lbs in a fortnight. Can't be sniffed at. I've also lost an inch from my bust, waist and hips. :)

It's getting tough at work, having just a bar split between my two breaks is starting to raise questions from collegues. I just ignore them though and change the subject. I feel uncomfortable talking about this sort of diet with people as I don't think they'd be very supportive.

x

It's not my official WI until tomorrow. I had a wee sneak peek and i've lost a total of 10lbs now. Not too bad for only 3 weeks :)
Hopefully I'll have a 4lbs loss this week and that'll be my first stone off!
I've decided to try and achieve a nice and steady 3lbs loss per week, from here on in. I hope I can do it.

Hope everyone is having a good day. :) x

Had a sneak peak on the scales yesterday. Lost 4lbs so far, this week. Taking me just over my first stone loss!:bliss:
I'll have my official WI on Monday morning, but I won't mind one bit if I don't lose anymore this week.

Starting my AAMW tomorrow. Quite nervous about it, but i've pretty much planned out all my meals already! lol.

Back