Diary: Shroomfest - episode 2 - Experiencing the evil maintenance. :-)

Hey Lostris - this is great . I am working up currently on 1000plan. I am doing OK - Loving the fruit...but I am intrigued about All bran- I always have theporridge in the morning.... I might try it..

Hiya. Are you guys allowed all bran? I'm not sure really, my CDC here in Dutchieland revamped my steps up thing hehe. All bran is fab, keeps me full ... well, all day <3

Fruit is fab isn't it? :D It's soooo nice when you haven't had it in soooooo long!!

Well done on getting to 1000 plan :D How long are you planning to be on it?

xxxx

:D Would you like me to move yours? :)

Oh my gosh; don't move her!! I don't want that creepy lady near me!! :D;)

Kidding, Serena, you know I wubs you loads.:D

So.

I'm sick :S I've been coughing for about a week (+2 days) now and it won't go away. I have slept maybe 6 hours in the past 72 hours :-\ Tried all the conventional things, cough syrup, honey in my tea, lot's of warm fluids etc etc.

I can't sleep coz when I sit or lie down my coughing gets so bad I can hardly breathe. Now I need meds and my sucky parents want to send me into the 2 degrees outside while I'm bloody sick and almost falling over coz of lack of sleep, so I can get my own meds. I really hate them sometimes.

My dad said: Oh, well, just don't cough. HEEEEEEEEEELLO!!!!!! If I could stop coughing I would and I try to stop doing it but my head.. sorta spasms if I don't cough (hard to explain so not sure these are the good words, it sounds way more creepy than it is now) and try to hold the cough back.

I wanted to go to doctor and they were like; why didn't you go before, blahblahblah, I thought it'd get better and that I wouldn't still be coughing now. Doctor would cost tons now as it's weekend, near 100 euro's I think, and they probably won't even want to see me. B$$stards. ^_^;;;;;

I just don't understand why my bloody parents can't get me the non-prescription best-used best-for-me-now meds for me!! They sure as hell must've noticed I'm sick and they know I sleep very little coz I probably keep the whole house up coughing at night. So, what the hell is their problem?????? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:cry:

Calmed down a bit. Mum got my meds, after I yelled at her.... (or well, attempted to coz my voice is at 1% instead of full 100%. I guess that made her realise it was a bit serious, especially the part where I was coughing between the yelling and the cough lasted longer than the actual yelling.

Meds do help a bit but not great. Still coughing, less, and very snottish at the mo. Had long HOT shower and feeling a bit better but still sickish.... I rubbed this stuff on my chest and back called Vicks, it makes your airway more open or whatever the thing says. I can breathe a bit better now which is good. Sucky part is it hurts my eyes... can't have it all eh.

Thinking I might have snot everywhere in my head and that's why I'm feeling like this. I have a sis whose had that regularly and it really stinks.........

Hope to feel better tomorrow...

Good part is, I had bread. I finally had the bread I'd been wanting so bad for 6 months....... and I could hardly taste it coz of my flu-cold-snotness. Sigh. NOW THAT SUCKS!!!

Feeling a bit sorry for myself at the mo :$

x

Sending you lots of warm and fuzzy get well huggles (not that it's done you much good so far but I will keep trying!)

xxx

Ah, it seemed I found the viral cause of my being sick..... those huggles are poisonous . :badmood::badmood:

Obviously, kidding. :grouphugg:

Thanks for the good wishes hon!

xx

Soooo.

Today I gained on the scales :( 0,7 kilograms... huuuuuuuge. Must be because of the bread I had yesterday (and the gallons of cough syrup ^_^). Think my body will def. need to get used to that. Hoping it won't get superhigh again though.

I think I'm on something similar to the 1200 plan now??? Except for the part where I have no idea what I'm doing and the 1200 plan is quite clear.

Anyone know what you UK people can have as variations on the 1200 plan? I'm hoping to do a mix of UK 1200 and my CDCs own version of the diet...

Website says this:

• Two Cambridge Diet meals – these are essential
  • 284ml skimmed milk
  • We recommend 2.25l fluids which can include:
  • Your daily portion of milk
  • Zero-calorie drinks (carbonates, mixers, squashes, flavoured waters)
  • Tea, coffee, herbal teas
  • OPTION 1: 250kcal breakfast – 200kcal lunch – 300kcal dinner – 70kcal dessert
  • OPTION 2: 150kcal breakfast – 300kcal lunch – 300kcal dinner – 70kcal dessert
Example meals for a day:

• 150cal portion of fruit for breakfast
  • 300kcal lunch typically:
    slice wholemeal bread
    low-fat spread
    shredded lettuce
    75g lean ham
    sliced cucumber
    tomato and spring onion
  • 300 kcal main meal typically:
    tandoori fish bake, made with 225g haddock or whiting, tandoori paste
    served with 2tbsp rice 50g poached mushrooms
But..... I only have 1 CD meal now.. Am I on 1500?? I get so confused.. Why is it all different :x. I'm not allowed carbs for dinner yet.

Mainly allowed 1 carby meal (bread) and fruits and/or all bran plus coz it's good carbs and all..

Bluuuuuuuuh. This is confusing. ^_^;

x

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along in a minute but if my memory serves me correctly if you are on one shake you should be up to the 1500 plan and be having a good range of carbs.

Your daily menu looks good to me hun, maybe start introducing new foods. Don't worry too much about the scales, whenever I eat bread I always weigh heavier the following morning but it is gone again the day after, some foods do that it isn't fat just a bit of water/bloating.

You're doing good!

x

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along in a minute but if my memory serves me correctly if you are on one shake you should be up to the 1500 plan and be having a good range of carbs.

Your daily menu looks good to me hun, maybe start introducing new foods. Don't worry too much about the scales, whenever I eat bread I always weigh heavier the following morning but it is gone again the day after, some foods do that it isn't fat just a bit of water/bloating.

You're doing good!

x

Hiya,

Looking at the site it says so there too. I'm okay with only having carbs in bread/potato 1x a day on this as long as I get to have all bran plus and semi skimmed milk or quark, and fruits as carbs. It is however VERY expensive :(( No added sugar 0% fat yoghurts are expensive.. all bran plus is expensive.. fruit is too.. bread is cheap...... hahah.

Just shocked me a bit that I added +0,7kg coz of bread.. Not like I had a whole loaf or something :'''''''') (2 small slices)

I can live on tons of fruit, multi vit, 1 carby meal and 2 very low carb meals (salads / omelets and such) as my CDC advised I'm just so confused about the steps and all the differences :S

Anyway. Today I've had quark and grapes and 1 waldkorn bunlike thing (wanted to get it in bread slice stuff but stupid store only had buns yesterday) with chickenfilet and lettuce on it.

Will be having more fruit, lots of tea and carb free / low carb dinner not sure yet what..

Good thing about being sick is I don't really want to eat. Sounds sucky I know but I'm not tempted by ''the big box of sweets'' we have so that;s quite good I'd say. ^_^

:)

xx

So far, I've only had:

foodiewh1.jpg

Today. (Hope that turns out okay it's kcal/fat counter from dutch site..)

I guess I'll be having fibre/protein bar which is 130 kcal, later on. CD hot choc tetra.. not sure about kcal there.

Dinner will be like 382,7 kcal (just calced it) That's not nowhere near enough? >_<

137,0 (tetra? i think?)
41,8 (apple sauce no added sugar etc)
--------
954,5 (unless I miscalced)

Whoops?

Last edited:
Soooooo.

I'm supposed to be on around 1000 kcals. I checked with my CDC and we have different plans, sorta. I'm on 1000 plan..ish.

I'm still sick as a dog, but went to get meds from doc. Got some pretty strong ones and am now only allowed to eat a selection of fruits (e.g. no citrus fruits etc.)

Coughing has gone down a bit...

Anyway, my day today.

Break Allbran plus with skimmed milk - 141 kcal
Grapes - 128 kcal
Big apple - about 80 kcal
Lunch - 2 waldcorn buns with low fat cheese, ham and tomato - 336 kcal.
Dinner - big salad with tuna - 150 kcal
Snack - CD Orange bar - 172 kcal
--------

Total 1007 kcal.

Seems quite decent to me. Might have some more fruit though, or tea with honey. My throat is killing me >_<

Good thing is, I wasn't tempted to snack or anything. Mainly coz I'm feeling very sick and food really isn't that appealing to me at the mo..

x

Edit: Recalced the all bran, it's less than I thought :|

So.

Woke up late; slept a lot better than nights before. Meds seem to work.

Brunch

275 kcal
cheese/ham + 2 slices wholewheat bread - grilled cheese
Wholewheat ''beschuit'' (no idea what thats called in UK XD) with low fat spread.
100 grams of grapes

CD Porridge 143 kcal

Protein bar +- 200kcal

Leaves about 400 for more fruit and dinner.
Will be having 140grams of tuna and 2 or 3 big tomatoes filled with the tuna and... um.. maybe some veg if I can find out what goes well with tuna.. that's 200kcal so 200 left.. :D

xx

Last edited:
hey lostris, thanks for the encouragement! i know deep down why my scales up and down but it makes me crazy sometimes! your menu looks great for the day! mines was going well until i cancelled my appt and i keep adding extras in...eeek! annoying myself now!

xx

hey lostris, thanks for the encouragement! i know deep down why my scales up and down but it makes me crazy sometimes! your menu looks great for the day! mines was going well until i cancelled my appt and i keep adding extras in...eeek! annoying myself now!

xx

Hi hon!!

Thanks! It can be hard sometimes. When the scales show a gain we freak out while we do indeed know in our hearts it can't possibly be fat!!

I've had my share of adding extra's some days, too, so I know what you mean. It's weird sometimes isn't it. You do so well, usually not hungry and then add more things to your menu hehehe. Oops?! :eek:

I guess it's a journey and it's only just beginning ;-). We will all be fine and I'm really grateful for this new forum where we can support eachother through this journey :D

You're doing so well and I saw your piccies; you look amazing!!!!! :)

xxx

So far today I've had:

Big brunch - 500kcal

2 waldkorn buns with egg and tomato
100gr of grapes

Other than that.. urr.. tea.. water.. nothing else.

Will be having stir fry veggies, tomato/cucumber and chicken for dinner. :)

Will have hot choc tetra made with semi skimmed milk as desert ^_^

Because I was absent at school due to being sick they've kinda put me in a group with 2 very very passive people.... I'd have to kick their ass all the time. I'm very annoyed with this and I'm not accepting it. They (teachers) were supposed to divide the groups in our class to stop stupid friendpicking from happening. It's not that I'm not popular, it's more that it was convenient for them to put me with those 2 passive people so they could all be with non-passive people..

Very distressed about this. May be silly but don't deal well with certain stuff and this just stinks terribly. I'd have to make them work all period through and I can't be the person cracking the whip all the time. VERY, VERY, annoyed.............

x

Back