Did any of you....

Woxywoo

tell anyone that you were doing Cambridge diet or even on a diet at all?

The reason I ask is that I am sick of people rolling their eyes when I say I'm starting a diet (every other week) and me never getting any smaller lol.

This time however I haven't told anyone (except hubby) I am doing any form of diet as a kind of experiment as I want to see what peoples reactions are when they start noticing the weight loss and to see how long it takes before they do. They'll not expect I'm actually sticking to a diet for once! :greenapple:

I have only told very few people and most of them live int he same house as me.
I find that the sabboteurs come out in force when I am dieting so i aim to surprise and maybe shock a few people by August!

x

LOl I totally agree, that's why I didn't want to tell anyone. The people with the snidy weight comments will be in for a shock one day soon, if they don't know we're dieting they can't try and foil us!!!

I have played it down at work and just said I'm having shakes now and then and eating at home. I'll come clean in the end (when hopefully I will be a good advert for CD!)

Hi

People have noticed I've lost weight and ask how I have done it,I tell them, some comments are "Oh so your cheating then"
It makes me so cross because its a hard diet to do but very much worth it!!!!

Donna :D

I didn't really tell many people purely because I knew it was hard enough without the added pressure! Also I wanted to see who noticed by themselves. Though it has managed to go around my whole family now!!

Ive kept it quiet i get embarassed when having to explain im having a shake cause im on a diet but not many people do know so im hoping people will realise ive dropped weight soon. Ive lost stone and half an as of yet only my CDC has said WOW your looking slimmer which obviously shes going to say haha carnt wait though :D

Also, I don't like saying I'm on a diet because it's almost pointing out that I need to be! I'd prefer to just wow everyone with my fab new body in a few more months! haha

Oh everyone in my world knows! I didnt make an announcement but about it, but when Im often going out for dinner and drinks you kind of have to when you say "im not eating" and then whip out a shake. most have been quite interested and supportive and alot want to try it themselves. Only a few randomers I dont know have been all jealous and trying to find fault!

Ive told everyone, well who asks anyway, ive had a few rolled eyes, sod em sod em all, thats the way I see it, if they disapprove thats their tough luck, I talk about CD alot, probably bore the pants of people lol - I have had a few people ask me how to go about doing it too, so thats good,

i dont mention unless people ask a) how I've lost weight or b) trying to make me dinner.

Hi Woxywoo, I agree too.

Only my husband knew about it. I didn't tell anyone else, not even my mom or sister. I think I needed to do it in a quite way, without any added pressure.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if I was a little ashamed to be doing CD, as it seemed such an extreme diet after years of SW and WW?? Don't know - probably over-analysing!!

When I had lost about 2 and a half stone, people started to notice and comment. I couldn't lie, so I told people who asked, and most people have been very positive. Just one 'you'll put it all back on again', but I do say that I think that maintenance is the hardest part, and if I ate the way I did before, I would put on all the weight no matter what diet I had used.

Everyone is different though. Perhaps some people may need others to know they are on CD to help them keep to it? But as long as we are doing what is right for us, that's the main thing I think.

Let the sabboteurs take a running jump!!

Family know but I haven't told any of my friends, there hasn't been the need to yet. Thing is I'm on this 'unconventional' diet because of my emotional eating and binging and other than telling you guys that nobody else knows about my secret binges etc (not even HB!) I'm just not ready to tell people yet.

Donna72- I'd be sooo annoyed if someone said I was cheating 'cause this is a hard diet but I think the real test for me will be maintenence!

ive only told my hubby, none of my family know cas i know il get snidy comments so wont bother.

but just got to be positive

Only my bf and mum know, and he's at uni and she works abroad, so no-one I actually see knows lol, I've had some comments already! :D

Hi

People have noticed I've lost weight and ask how I have done it,I tell them, some comments are "Oh so your cheating then"
It makes me so cross because its a hard diet to do but very much worth it!!!!

Donna :D

When i had lost about 2 stone someone asked what i was doing and when i told them she said "oh well i'm doing it the hard way" (weightwatchers)!

I thought you call not eating any morsels of food for 12 weeks NOT HARD LADY??? I could have quite cheerfully said that but i didn't even bother with a response. Yes it seems a quick way of doing it but it takes a hell of a lot of commitment and i know i am so proud i have had the will power for so long!

Only my husband knows because like people have said I was started yet another diet ( not to mention another round of cd after failing miserably previously!) and didnt want ppl to put me down or influence me!

Since January I have lost a stone and a half and only my mum, mum in law and one friend have commented!! I cant wait to unveil my new body in the summer!! lol xx

Only DH and DD know of my diet and I prefer to keep it that way. My reasons are because I think people judge CD alot and they see it as an "easy" way to diet. Personally I think it's the hardest diet but has the quickest results. Even though I have lost 2stone I have yet to have a comment so I guess when I do I will just say that I am eating healthy and excercising. People from our local boozer are going to wonder where I have gone lol.

Hubby knows and only 3 people at work were meant to know (1 who is doing same diet, my boss and a girl whos had a bypass) but somehow it's gotten around work. I'm guessing by overhearing conversations and by seeing me making shakes and soup in the kitchen.

My in laws don't know because they'd mither about the "safety" of the diet and my mum doesn't know because she would either not care less or keep going on about how I'm going to put it all back on again. Which is what she did, so knowing I'm successfully loosing weight would make her jealous (and yes she would be jealous as opposed to being pleased for me)

xx

tell anyone that you were doing Cambridge diet or even on a diet at all?

The reason I ask is that I am sick of people rolling their eyes when I say I'm starting a diet (every other week) and me never getting any smaller lol.

This time however I haven't told anyone (except hubby) I am doing any form of diet as a kind of experiment as I want to see what peoples reactions are when they start noticing the weight loss and to see how long it takes before they do. They'll not expect I'm actually sticking to a diet for once! :greenapple:

Hey..
I know where your coming from alot of people do roll there eyes and have things to say. I have told people well its hard not to after a while as people see the weight coming off ....... The best I get is you know its after that you have to be careful you dont want to put it all back on when you eat! URGHHHHHHHHH

Your doing fab xxx

Back