Did anyone else have Day 1 on Mon 18th July?

Hey Lilac... nice to see you :) What does sts for 2 weeks mean? x I still say that 71lbs loss is INCREDIBLE!! That's twice as much as me :O !!! I can't even imagine what I will look like after 71lbs loss... have you dropped many dress sizes?? xx

well done you, look how much you have lost in total you are doing so so well ! And in a answer to your question i get dizzy quite a lot when i stand to quickly etc i believe it is entirely normal on this diet but if you are worried you should go and speak to your doctor x

Oh good, thank you. Glad to know i'm not the only one who feels this way.
I'm really pleased at how much i've lost, almost 3 stones. I'm just disappointed that i can't really see the difference.
I can't get over how much you've lost lilac and you've been working hard. Well done :D x

Hey Lilac... nice to see you :) What does sts for 2 weeks mean? x I still say that 71lbs loss is INCREDIBLE!! That's twice as much as me :O !!! I can't even imagine what I will look like after 71lbs loss... have you dropped many dress sizes?? xx

hello uk lady, haven't chatted for a while how are you getting on ?? sts = stay the same, I didn't know what it meant for ages either lol. Thank you for your lovely words of encouragement i'm getting there slowly but surely and yes i have dropped a few dress sizes, gone from a 24 to a 16/14 so far. Its very exciting but i also can't quite believe it, i keep catching myself in shop windows etc and it keeps surprising me that i look like that now. Still a couple more stone to go ( i might go for an extra half a stone when i get to my original goal). You won't need to try and imagine for very long, before you know it you will be there, just keep plodding away, you are doing so well already x

Juju just 3lbs for me today... but well done you, on over 4lbs. I've not had any dizziness.... I hope you're not sickening for something :( x

Eeeeek well done, 3lbs is great!!
I'm okay i just feel quite dizzy sometimes, the pharmacist said "this is normal, up your water intake just a little and see how you get on" and she then explained how people drinking 4litres of water a day aren't losing as much, so i feel better now to know that it's normal to be feeling this way lol. Keep up the good work :winner: x

I'm really pleased at how much i've lost, almost 3 stones. I'm just disappointed that i can't really see the difference.
I can't get over how much you've lost lilac and you've been working hard. Well done :D x

Body image is a funny thing i was just talking to my mum about it this morning in fact ! When i was younger i always thought i was fat ( and i remember being told that i was fat on a number of occasions), looking back at pictures i wasn't. Then when i started to get really big i used to think i looked alright, well no worse than i did when i was young. A bit messed up you have to agree ?!!

Anyway what i am trying to say is that i think you are probably being a bit hard on yourself, i bet everyone else can see the difference. Celebrate all your successes, take your measurements so when your head is playing tricks on you, you can physically see the difference, take photographs to compare etc Your head just needs to catch up with the rest of you. Look at your picture on your profile you are a beautiful beautiful girl and doing so so well 3 stone is truly an amazing feat of determination and perseverance. be proud of yourself x

Juju, I second what Lilac has put so perfectly! You are gorgeous and it will take a bit of time to readjust to thinking of yourself in that light. The image of the old you is probably still emblazoned on your mind's eye but definitely take some pics in the mirror even and compare them to old pics and you'll be amazed. Keep it up petal, you're doing FAB!!

X s

Body image is a funny thing i was just talking to my mum about it this morning in fact ! When i was younger i always thought i was fat ( and i remember being told that i was fat on a number of occasions), looking back at pictures i wasn't. Then when i started to get really big i used to think i looked alright, well no worse than i did when i was young. A bit messed up you have to agree ?!!

Anyway what i am trying to say is that i think you are probably being a bit hard on yourself, i bet everyone else can see the difference. Celebrate all your successes, take your measurements so when your head is playing tricks on you, you can physically see the difference, take photographs to compare etc Your head just needs to catch up with the rest of you. Look at your picture on your profile you are a beautiful beautiful girl and doing so so well 3 stone is truly an amazing feat of determination and perseverance. be proud of yourself x

Thank you so much, this means a lot to me :) My mum and nan can't get over how much i've changed, to me i don't see it. I've been taking pictures and can tell in my face. I've always been really big so like you said i think i just need to get used to the fact my body is changing and I'm losing weight. I'm reaaaaaaaally hoping i can do as well as you, your waist is so teeny!
Thank you very much for the advice and compliments, they both mean a lot to me. You always give great tips hehe :bliss: xx

Juju, I second what Lilac has put so perfectly! You are gorgeous and it will take a bit of time to readjust to thinking of yourself in that light. The image of the old you is probably still emblazoned on your mind's eye but definitely take some pics in the mirror even and compare them to old pics and you'll be amazed. Keep it up petal, you're doing FAB!!

X s

Thank you Shivie, i don't know what i'd do if i didn't have this forum, you girlies are all so lovely and supportive and i wish you all the best of luck with your weight loss journeys!
You're right, maybe it'll help if i do take more photos, so i can compare and actually notice the difference more. :D xx

ElectricLilac is right. We are always so censorious about ourselves. This is probably why most of us have a problem with compliments as well... We have to accept ourselves. Love how we look and how we treat our body. I know it's not so easy to change attitude. Don't get me wrong. I have the same issue but I am trying to change that right now.

Long time before I've started to even think about LT, I was looking at my old pictures, thinking "Damn, I remember that time when I felt fat, but I looked gorgeous. I wish I could look like that again..." And now I am wearing clothes that I've seen on that pictures. This always remind me that I am gorgeous. And if I don't feel it - I'm trying to get back to the moment just before LT when I dreamed about loking like that.

Remember it's deep inside of us. We need to find our own way to love ourselves. But we can do it. Just be little bit nicer to yourself!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Great to know we're all doing so well :)
After sts last week i lost 7 lbs this week, so i'm well happy with that. I now weigh 14 st 12 lbs and my BM is 33.3 (started at 17 st 2lbs with BMI 37.4 on 18th July). It feel sooo good to be under 15 st for the first time in several years! But i'm another one who can't actually see much difference in my body even tho other people are making nice comments. I agree, body image is a very mysterious thing. We get an image fixed in our minds and it takes a lot to shift it. The difference i do see in myself is in my face, my double chin has pretty much disappeared and i can see my bone structure starting to become more defined. Also i'm wearing my watchstrap one notch tighter. These little changes all add up, one step at a time we are going through such a transformation. Exciting!!!!
Shivie and Deezer - thanks for your interest in my doggies! I have Tess aged 16 (Irish Red Setter), Tammy aged 14 (Samoyed), Alli aged 13 (tri-colour Cocker spaniel), Toby aged 11 (grey and white Shih Tzu), Kizzy aged 9 (mini Yorkie), Milly aged 8 (black and white Shi Tzu) and last but not least the "baby", Monty aged 6 (blenheim Cavalier King Charles spaniel). 5 of the 7 are rescues. They all get along brilliantly :)

Love to all, i hope we all have a great week and stay 100% committed:)

Katia, that's a super loss for ya this week! You must be thrilled with that. Makes up for the dud week!
Congrats and keep it up. Thanks for introducing us to your sweet canine family! They must be a handful sometimes but so worth it for all the unconditional love they lavish on their lovely mistress and rescuer!
Have a great day hun xx

Hey everyone! Great to know we're all doing so well :)
After sts last week i lost 7 lbs this week, so i'm well happy with that. I now weigh 14 st 12 lbs and my BM is 33.3 (started at 17 st 2lbs with BMI 37.4 on 18th July). It feel sooo good to be under 15 st for the first time in several years! But i'm another one who can't actually see much difference in my body even tho other people are making nice comments. I agree, body image is a very mysterious thing. We get an image fixed in our minds and it takes a lot to shift it. The difference i do see in myself is in my face, my double chin has pretty much disappeared and i can see my bone structure starting to become more defined. Also i'm wearing my watchstrap one notch tighter. These little changes all add up, one step at a time we are going through such a transformation. Exciting!!!!
Shivie and Deezer - thanks for your interest in my doggies! I have Tess aged 16 (Irish Red Setter), Tammy aged 14 (Samoyed), Alli aged 13 (tri-colour Cocker spaniel), Toby aged 11 (grey and white Shih Tzu), Kizzy aged 9 (mini Yorkie), Milly aged 8 (black and white Shi Tzu) and last but not least the "baby", Monty aged 6 (blenheim Cavalier King Charles spaniel). 5 of the 7 are rescues. They all get along brilliantly :)

Love to all, i hope we all have a great week and stay 100% committed:)
Awwwww.... we have 2 Springers.... Maisy and Harry!!! Little monkeys!!! ; )

Back again with another weigh in this morning but feeling a bit frustrated today that it's only another 3lb for the 3rd week in a row. I know I know, the whole picture shows how amazing this is... but you know how it is... just occasionally you need to have a sigh when you want so much to get to the next target just a little quicker :) (Excuse the moan .. had a loooong day with lots of things going wrong!) Hope everyone else is marching on ahead. Just feel a need to have a catch up week with a 4 or 5lb loss for a change. I suppose I feel it most today because I really could have enjoyed some real food with friends this weekend, but I was totally good and didnt have anything I shouldnt have. It's times like this that you wish the scales would reward you instantly. :) Anyway, onwards and downwards as they say :D

Last edited:
Well, only 2lbs loss this week! I wish I understood what makes the difference on the scales because Ive been 100% and drank the right amount of water! Maybe it's time I started to exercise! Has anyone else noticed what helps have a good week???

5lb off for me this week :D

Well, only 2lbs loss this week! I wish I understood what makes the difference on the scales because Ive been 100% and drank the right amount of water! Maybe it's time I started to exercise! Has anyone else noticed what helps have a good week???

You're getting closer to your goal weight, i'm guessing that could be a reason why, that usually happens when you don't have a lot more to lose. I started swimming in my first couple of weeks but didn't have the energy to carry on so i stopped. I now walk instead. I suppose you could try swimming, something light to see if it makes a difference. You have done so well though, 2lb is still a loss and you'll get there :D:D Well done xx

Hey hun, well done, that's another 16 sausage-shaped blobs of lard remember!! (Sorry a bit gross but helps you put it in perspective!) As I was saying in another post, I reckon all losses are proportionate to your ever-reducing weight. So as your body mass shrinks, so would the amount you lose each week, I imagine anyway. However starting exercising would be a great idea now! It'll make you feel great and will tone you up no end! Have a great day xx

Shivie, juju and deezer... thank you x I still wish I could have another 5lb week... havent had one for over a month! Well done for having a great week though x

Back