Did you Know that .. Random facts and other useless knowledge.

Dykt the longest one syllable word in the English language is 9 letters long. "screeched"

Still loving this thread...I've even got my Year 7 pupils to find a random fact for each science lesson this week! :D:D

DYKT owls have 3 eyelids...the upper one closes when the owl blinks, the lower one closes when the owl sleeps, and the third closes diagonally across the eye from the inside corner to the outside corner to help clean the eye

Burger King's Double Whopper with cheese contains 923 calories. A man would need to walk for about nine miles to burn it off. Adding french fries and a large cola brings the total calories to an amazing 1,500 calories (2/3 of an adult man's recommended daily calorie intake).

Shirleen said:
Burger King's Double Whopper with cheese contains 923 calories. A man would need to walk for about nine miles to burn it off. Adding french fries and a large cola brings the total calories to an amazing 1,500 calories (2/3 of an adult man's recommended daily calorie intake).

And lack of knowledge about stuff like this is why I was fat in the first place.

Jenna88 said:
And lack of knowledge about stuff like this is why I was fat in the first place.

Now you know! I feel like printing and laminating that and sticking it on their window!

DYKT....David Tennants real name is David McDonalds ... it had to be changed because there was already a David Mcdonald in TV/Acting:)

it wasn't the fact i never knew this, that made me fat, it was the fact i thought it was tasty and couldn't be bothered walking it off.. but now just the smell of it turns my stomache :(

DYKT....David Tennants real name is David McDonalds ... it had to be changed because there was already a David Mcdonald in TV/Acting:)

Michael Keaton's (batman/beetlejuice) real name is michael douglas.. he got the keaton from the actor buster keaton.

Orlando bloom (legolas) once broke his spine falling out of a window was told by doctors he would never walk again only to walk out of hospital a few weeks later

John Wayne's real first name was Marion.

Big Daddy the wrestler from 70's real name was Shirley Crabtree!

Shirley was originally a boys name.

DYKT if you put all the threads on Minimins about star week next to one another, they would go as far as the moon, circle it three times, and make it nearly half way back again. :8855:

I know this is true because I made it up myself.

DYKT if you put all the threads on Minimins about star week next to one another, they would go as far as the moon, circle it three times, and make it nearly half way back again. :8855:

I think your wrong? You would make it back again!

:D

This just made me spit my drink!!!

Funniest thing I have read in ages.

Right, I have just done some totally non-scientific research:-

Aunt Flo - 350 results
TOTM - 413 results
Star Week - 308 results
Hormonal - 390 results

Total - 1461 results.

Constipation - 417 results
Bunged - 410 results
Laxative - 397 results
Toilet Problem - 426 results

Total - 1650 results

Conclusive proof therefore, that we talk more sh...

I'll leave it there.

Yours sincerely, Professor Minxington.

After the capture of Jamaica from Spain in the 1650's rum gradually replaced beer as the main alcohol ration.

Until 1740, the ration of rum was half a pint twice a day. The ration was reduced over time, till it was finally 1/8th of a pint. About 3 pub measures.

Navy rum is 54.6%Vol alcohol, when compared to a normal spirit which is 40%.

The last rum ration was issued in the RN on 31 July 1970 and became known as Black Tot Day.

While the rum ration was abolished, the order to splice the mainbrace remained as the command for it could only be given by the Monarch and is still used to recognise good service.

Back