Didn't cheat....but kinda lost the plot for a while!

Metermaid

Had the in-laws over for the weekend and made a nice chilli. Ummmed and ahhhed for a while over whether I wanted to spend 10 syns on 2 slices of garlic bread and decided not to bother.

Now I was doing an EE day so I could have rice and chilli but somehow at the end of the meal I lost the plot - found myself taking the plates into the kitchen just so I could eat everyone's leftovers :ashamed0005:

I also then found myself scooping out the insides of two pieces of garlic bread and stuffing that! Now while I didn't in theory cheat....this is the first time in 14wks (since starting SW) that I felt out of control with food :cry:

It just worries me that those feelings are still not very far from the surface - I felt really disgusted with myself :(

Hey don't worry about it, it's done and finished with. Forget about it and move on chick - i'm sure theres not too much damage done. We all get those feelings and to be honest, although I have more control over food these days, I still, like you, "lose it" at times.

The best thing to do is not think you've blown it completely. It was ONE time, ONE meal and ONE slip up.

Just carry on as you have done for the last 14 weeks and try not to dwell on it.

As for eating left overs... I do this all the time, in fact I ate daughter's left overs last night but it was a free dinner so in my mind it didn't matter.

Take care and stick with it - you have done so well so far!

Yes don't worry about it too much, you haven't veered off the plan at all but I know where you are coming from, I think its hard but if you have ever had a weight problem, in my opinion it never goes away, even if you can lose the weight a maintain a healthy weight for the rest of your life, that little switch inside your head that can make you go off the rails will always be there and it's just something you have to learn to control or rein in every now and again.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself, in 14 weeks you have done well and you haven't done any damage to your diet so just carry on as if nothing has happened

I agree. It's something that will probably always be lurking under the surface - the binge monster, at least for me anyway! I just console myself when/if it happens that I'm doing it in a much more controlled way than what I used to. Every little helps! I'm sure your binge wasn't as bad as what it would've once been! Focus on that rather than the negative.

At least you havent gone ovr your syns Huni and this can be out right.
Dont panic, it happens to the best of us. I tend not to eat the left overs even if its a free meal...I only have to picture people spitting on their dinner to stop the craving! (Not that this is what happens!!)

Thanks all, I'm feeling better about it now, put things in perspective - just another lesson to learn I guess, not going to beat myself up about it (specially as my scales showed another 2lb loss this morning :))- will just be aware in the future - never could resist garlic bread!!

Onwards and downwards :)

Back