Didn't get the job....

hchappyh

Silver Member
Hi
Feeling really fed up today. Went for a job interview a few weeks ago and was told would here within 10 working days. Well today, was day 7, and guess what didn't get the job. I've never wanted something so much before and am totally and utterly gutted. So of course did the only natural thing anyone would do and went to the fridge. Didn't care about about all the fruit and veg all carefully prepared - didn't even care about the chocolate coated brazil nuts that I'm allowed with GoLower (which I usually love)..no, it had to be that dairy milk and oh yeah, the cadburys creme egg I had bought for my hubby - I don't even like them! And now, too make matters worse, it's my mother-in-laws birthday tomorrow and we're all going out to the Chinese for dinner, and when she asks me, "Have you heard yet?", I'll have to lie as don't want to ruin her day and the few days away we've paid for her to go on, on Wednesday! Great, so now, want to eat loads and have to lie!
Can life get any easier? Sorry to rant, but have to get this off my chest..
Thanks
xx

I had a similar thing just before christmas. I was absolutely gutted as I really wanted the job. I found out on the friday and stuffed myself all weekend and was really grouchy with everyone.

Best thing to do is get feedback, draw a line under it and move on. As for MIL, it's not lying, it's just stretching the truth x

Thanks Taz...I received the news yesterday afternoon and then a letter in this mornings post. To get feedback, the letter states that I can't phone, but e-mail. So have now sent an e-mail requesting feedback, but again have to play the waiting game..Really low, and dieting and feeling fat just isn't helping. Have been shouting at the kids, but my 6 year old is generally a good girl, and has been supportive, bless her! Not normally a depressive type of person, but playing the waiting game doesn't help. Oh well, onwards and upwards...
Thanks

It's quite soul destroying isn't it. Try to remember though, eating stuff that makes you feel bad wont change the situation or make you feel any better x

Back