Diet chef after a vlcd??

karenlisa

Hi all i did lighterlife last year and lost nearly 4 stone i very stupidly put nearly 2 back on, can't blame it on the diet it was all my own doing. New year and a new start and i have lost a stone from some old ll packs and then switched to exante which is a vlcd of about 600 calories. I wanted a kick start and have got that, i have recieved my 5 week pack from diet chef but am so worried i'am going to put a load of weight on?? Anyone tried df after a vlcd? I expect to put a few pound on initially but can i then expect the same losses as everyone else? Thanks:wave_cry:

Hi there
I too did LL and lost over 4 stone - and put half back on!
Im doing DC, but not straight after so I can't really answer your question, sorry!
I would imagine you will initially put on a few llbs glycogen if you are going straight on from exante, but it won't be fat so don't worry too much.
good luck
daisy x

Thanks Daisydoll, i don't mind putting a bit back to start as i know this will happen for the reasons you state, i just hope that i can lose after being on such a low calorie diet, i just don't want to do such extreme diet for so long this time round. How are you finding the food on dc?

i loved it for 3 weeks then got a bit bored so have had a week off - but started back today.stayed the same which is fine, I'm in this for the long haul so as long as I get there i don't care if it takes 6 months to lose my 21lbs - in fact in a way if it means it stays off that will be great. I did the quick fix on LL - which was what I needed to start with, but now its about finding the right weight for me and staying there
daisy x

I was doing Exante but fell off the wagon for 2 weeks, where I gained just under 5lbs of water weight in the first week. I then ate semi-sensibly (but with one dinner party with 2 portions of cake) the next week and have lost 1.75lbs. I started DC today (I fell off the wagon because my box did not arrive in time :( Even then it was items short). Anyhow, I reckon I should break even again in the next 2weeks max. I reckon most people put on about 2-5lbs of water weight when they go back onto real food, but I guess the bigger the water weight loss in week one that you were on Exante, the bigger the water weight gain will be again!

Good luck on the diet :)

V

I was doing Exante but fell off the wagon for 2 weeks, where I gained just under 5lbs of water weight in the first week. I then ate semi-sensibly (but with one dinner party with 2 portions of cake) the next week and have lost 1.75lbs. I started DC today (I fell off the wagon because my box did not arrive in time :( Even then it was items short). Anyhow, I reckon I should break even again in the next 2weeks max. I reckon most people put on about 2-5lbs of water weight when they go back onto real food, but I guess the bigger the water weight loss in week one that you were on Exante, the bigger the water weight gain will be again!

Good luck on the diet :)

V
Hi Dreamer, i didn't have a big loss week one. I had a nt off the day i stopped Exante and had a pizza and a bottle of wine and have also had a nando's (didn't go too far over my calories as i didn't eat much else that day). I have put on about 1-2lb and have been on diet chef for 5 days, that 1-2lb went on straight away and hasn't got better or worse. I'am hoping when my boday adjusts i will start to lose weight as i think the food is great. I have to be honest though i'am really worried i will not lose any weight after such a harsh diet. Good luck:)

Hi Dreamer, i didn't have a big loss week one. I had a nt off the day i stopped Exante and had a pizza and a bottle of wine and have also had a nando's (didn't go too far over my calories as i didn't eat much else that day). I have put on about 1-2lb and have been on diet chef for 5 days, that 1-2lb went on straight away and hasn't got better or worse. I'am hoping when my boday adjusts i will start to lose weight as i think the food is great. I have to be honest though i'am really worried i will not lose any weight after such a harsh diet. Good luck:)

Don't worry, I think you will still. Just keep at it, and think of the long term :) Good luck

V

Hi, I'm currently doing Exante but am thinking about losing my last stone with a diet where you actually eat something so I have more chance of keeping it off. I think otherwise the temptation will be "oh well I've reached target, now i can eat like a pig again". What is the weightloss like on Diet Chef and do you know if it's any good for vegetarians?

i was thinking of diet chef or jenny craig especially for maintainane as I can't cook and the products that might be tasty and yet slimming appeals to me...i tend to if i have any choice eat very unhealthy[ie last night i had some m&S curry

the main thing putting me off diet chef is i think it is quite expensive
i really am greedy..i wish i could make myself like veg

Back