Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Diet chef after a vlcd??

Discussion in 'Diet Chef' started by karenlisa, 30 January 2011 Social URL.

1. karenlisa

karenlisa Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.47%)
    Hi all i did lighterlife last year and lost nearly 4 stone i very stupidly put nearly 2 back on, can't blame it on the diet it was all my own doing. New year and a new start and i have lost a stone from some old ll packs and then switched to exante which is a vlcd of about 600 calories. I wanted a kick start and have got that, i have recieved my 5 week pack from diet chef but am so worried i'am going to put a load of weight on?? Anyone tried df after a vlcd? I expect to put a few pound on initially but can i then expect the same losses as everyone else? Thanks:wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    Hi there
    I too did LL and lost over 4 stone - and put half back on!
    Im doing DC, but not straight after so I can't really answer your question, sorry!
    I would imagine you will initially put on a few llbs glycogen if you are going straight on from exante, but it won't be fat so don't worry too much.
    good luck
    daisy x

4. karenlisa

karenlisa Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.47%)
    Thanks Daisydoll, i don't mind putting a bit back to start as i know this will happen for the reasons you state, i just hope that i can lose after being on such a low calorie diet, i just don't want to do such extreme diet for so long this time round. How are you finding the food on dc?

5. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    i loved it for 3 weeks then got a bit bored so have had a week off - but started back today.stayed the same which is fine, I'm in this for the long haul so as long as I get there i don't care if it takes 6 months to lose my 21lbs - in fact in a way if it means it stays off that will be great. I did the quick fix on LL - which was what I needed to start with, but now its about finding the right weight for me and staying there
    daisy x

6. Dreamer

Dreamer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    237lb
    Current Weight:
    224.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    198lb
    Lost(%):
    12.5lb(5.27%)
    I was doing Exante but fell off the wagon for 2 weeks, where I gained just under 5lbs of water weight in the first week. I then ate semi-sensibly (but with one dinner party with 2 portions of cake) the next week and have lost 1.75lbs. I started DC today (I fell off the wagon because my box did not arrive in time :( Even then it was items short). Anyhow, I reckon I should break even again in the next 2weeks max. I reckon most people put on about 2-5lbs of water weight when they go back onto real food, but I guess the bigger the water weight loss in week one that you were on Exante, the bigger the water weight gain will be again!

Good luck on the diet :)

V

7. karenlisa

karenlisa Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.47%)
    Hi Dreamer, i didn't have a big loss week one. I had a nt off the day i stopped Exante and had a pizza and a bottle of wine and have also had a nando's (didn't go too far over my calories as i didn't eat much else that day). I have put on about 1-2lb and have been on diet chef for 5 days, that 1-2lb went on straight away and hasn't got better or worse. I'am hoping when my boday adjusts i will start to lose weight as i think the food is great. I have to be honest though i'am really worried i will not lose any weight after such a harsh diet. Good luck:)

8. Dreamer

Dreamer Gold Member

Start Weight:
    237lb
    Current Weight:
    224.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    198lb
    Lost(%):
    12.5lb(5.27%)
    Don't worry, I think you will still. Just keep at it, and think of the long term :) Good luck

V

9. florakitty

florakitty Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi, I'm currently doing Exante but am thinking about losing my last stone with a diet where you actually eat something so I have more chance of keeping it off. I think otherwise the temptation will be "oh well I've reached target, now i can eat like a pig again". What is the weightloss like on Diet Chef and do you know if it's any good for vegetarians?

10. Stupid

Stupid I'm a greedy pig

Start Weight:
    8st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    help i can't stick to any as i am greedy
    i was thinking of diet chef or jenny craig especially for maintainane as I can't cook and the products that might be tasty and yet slimming appeals to me...i tend to if i have any choice eat very unhealthy[ie last night i had some m&S curry

the main thing putting me off diet chef is i think it is quite expensive
    i really am greedy..i wish i could make myself like veg

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.