Diet Chef diary

Purpose

Today was my first day of diet chef.

I had an apple and the chocolate cookie thingy for breakfast, a bulgar rice pot for lunch with salad and chicken tikka masala with rice, broccoli and peas for dinner. Oh, and the ginger biscuits as a snack in the afternoon (these were pitiful!) and an options hot chocolate (oops) mid afternoon because I was really hungry!

I thought the lunch and dinner portions were pretty generous considering you have them with veg and stuff. The chicken tikka masala was LOVELY.

I had milk as my calcium choice so I could still drink tea.

Total calories for the day 1358 - according to the DC website I should have 1290 a day based on my BMI, so I didn't do badly.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my first day - it went much easier than I thought it would, and the food was good so that makes me feel much more positive about the next few weeks!

Is there anyone else out there doing Diet Chef? If so, how did you find your first day?

Last edited:
Today was Day 2.

We bought a rowing machine which came yesterday, and I dug the exercise bike out the garage, and got up at 6am to do 15 mins on the bike, 15 on the rowing machine and then 60 sit ups. That's more than I have done in years! I also walked the dogs for 45 mins but that was a fairly slow pace.

i had the chocolate granola for breakfast about 9am. It was such a tiny portion but surprisingly filling. It kept me going until 11.30 when I had an apple. For lunch I had a pasta and pesto pot with salad which was yummy. My afternoon snack was supposed to be the salt and sweet popcorn but it was horrible so it went in the bin, and I had an Options Hot chocolate and a babybel light instead. Dinner was lasagne with carrots and peas. It was fairly nasty too... It tasted like a cheap ready meal. I was very disappointed considering how much I enjoyed my tikka masala last night.

Hopefully tomorrow's food will be better!

Day 2 stats:
Calories: 1336
Exercise: 239
Net calories: 1097

:)

Today a day 4. I had a cheeky weigh in this morning and I've lost 4.5lb in 3 days!! Some of that is probably water weight but it was definitely a motivator to keep going! I wanted to lose 4lb in my first week, so even if I weigh in on Monday when's its been a week and I'm still the same, ill be happy.

does anyone have any tips for getting through the afternoon? I get really hungry about 4pm but my then I've had my snack about 3, so have some fruit, but that doesn't seem to "fill the gap" - I've been having an options hot chocolate and a mini babybel at that time as well.

I'm still on around 1300 calories a day though, and burning 200, so maybe it isn't a big deal if I have them anyway - they come to less than 100 calories between them.

Back