Diet Chef Novice

frantastic

Hi everyone:), I've been reading your supportive posts for the past two weeks and finally decided to take the plunge.

I bought DC from QVC and started on 1st September, having just celebrated my 44th year:cry:. I had been on CD earlier in the year and lost almost 2 stone in a less than two months, but I just couldn't sustain living on 500 calories a day with my job and caring responsibilities:(. I was also keen to start exercising and couldn't do it on CD, I just didn't have enough energy. Having all but put on the weight I lost I saw Diet Chef on QVC and decided to give it a try.

I must say I am loving it, and can fit it around my lifestyle without being too obvious; especially at work. It was a nightmare at work when I was on CD, as everyone had an opinion:mad:. The biggest benefit is that I am now having at least 5 a day:). I have also started working out 3 times a week, and I am getting good portion control; my main weakness along with chocolate, cakes and red meat. You've got it I like food too much:eek:.

I do hope this works this time as I really want to become healthy, and my doctor has threatened to put me on the awful weightloss medication if I don't make the effort on my own. So here goes;)

Hi Frantastic, you seem to be doing very well indeed and your losses are fab. I too was on CD but it actually made me depressed. Although the losses were astounding! I have been doing JUDDD for past week but sts at first weight in but maybe because came off CD SS. I keep looking at Diet Chef as I have a week in house and I am very keen but would like to see if JUDDD works for me first.

You are doing great though and although maybe not as fast as CD it is sustainable I think. I really respect the ppl who can stay on CD to goal. I started same time as people who are now 5 stone lighter! Amazing but I just couldn't do it.

BTW I would love if my doctor gave me weightloss medication!!! What is it you get?

Hi Frantastic, you seem to be doing very well indeed and your losses are fab. I too was on CD but it actually made me depressed. Although the losses were astounding! I have been doing JUDDD for past week but sts at first weight in but maybe because came off CD SS. I keep looking at Diet Chef as I have a week in house and I am very keen but would like to see if JUDDD works for me first.

You are doing great though and although maybe not as fast as CD it is sustainable I think. I really respect the ppl who can stay on CD to goal. I started same time as people who are now 5 stone lighter! Amazing but I just couldn't do it.

:D Broxy thanks for the kind welcome. I had a colleague who went on LL and lost 5 st and she seems to be keeping it off, but she has been working with a nutritionist since she came off it. I am enjoying this system and I'm choosing to use it as a change of lifestyle rather than diet. I am combining it with Paul McKenna so I tend to eat when I'm hungry. If I do crave something else I will have it but in moderation and so far I haven't
fallen into my usual guilt cycle of binginging because I have broken the diet. So far so good.

My doctor was referring to Alli although she said she would put me on the prescription only version which is much stronger than the over the counter version. It has unfortunate side effects; let's just say I would be able to wear white trousers:eek:. I can't deal with that as I work, so she has given me the incentive to make the change myself:D. I finally feel I'm in the zone, so let's hope I don't allow myself to get off track.

I'm at a conference in Birmingham all next week and I have got my PA to ring the hotel to ask them if they would be willing to heat my meals. Believe it or not they have agreed:eek:. So apart from one evening when I do have to eat out I have no excuses. Let's hope it works.

By the way Broxy what is JUDDD?

What willpower Frantastic, if I was at a hotel I could not stick to a diet but would be in the restaurant every night seeing what was there. You must be important to have a pa! That's what I need at work! I could cope with it all then!

JUDDD is Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet. One day you have max of 500 cals so CD SS, then alternate days eat what you like but don't go totally mad about 2000/2200 cals which is a lot. I never lost anything this week but could be because I was on CD SS last week so might be something to do with my glycogen, whatever that is! Other people are having good losses. I'll give it another go for the next week I think to see how it is but I really fancy Diet Chef as everybody says the food is fab. And I'm fed up with not eating - CD has sickened me of that!

Broxi you have done well to date. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I get to your current weight. I know what you mean about the lack of food on CD. When I cheated on CD it was for a piece of chicken or a juicy steak of all things. I think the lack of solids brought out the carnivore in me.

It's an interesting job although somedays I wish I could afford to be a lady that lunches. It can be very stressful as my company is involved in the Olympics for our sins, so high profile. But just think if, no I mean when I lose all this weight I'll be able to enjoy 2012 as a slim woman rather than the fat one:sigh: Here's hoping that we all reach our goal and keep it off. From what I've seen of your success to date, I have no doubt that you will reach goal Broxi. Keep up the good work:D

Thanks Frantastic, what a lovely message. And you'll do it too!

Broxi you have done well to date. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I get to your current weight. I know what you mean about the lack of food on CD. When I cheated on CD it was for a piece of chicken or a juicy steak of all things. I think the lack of solids brought out the carnivore in me.

It's an interesting job although somedays I wish I could afford to be a lady that lunches. It can be very stressful as my company is involved in the Olympics for our sins, so high profile. But just think if, no I mean when I lose all this weight I'll be able to enjoy 2012 as a slim woman rather than the fat one:sigh: Here's hoping that we all reach our goal and keep it off. From what I've seen of your success to date, I have no doubt that you will reach goal Broxi. Keep up the good work:D

Welcome to the forum Frantastic. We r a lively bunch on here, so keep coming back and posting. Good luck :D

Welcome Fantastic :D

Wow, great losses so far! Well done you :D

I've also done CD and oddly enough my cheats were also a nice big juicy piece of protein! Perhaps some of us need more protein then it allows for. I can't do CD now though as I have a bowel condition that means long-term SS is a no no.

I'm back on the DC wagon today - you'll soon learn I'm not very good at holding on! Shame on me!

So glad you are enjoying it - the losses are really decent, the food is great - good luck with your first WI.

Back