Diet Chef?

nyssa88

Silver Member
I have about 5 weeks of slim and save food left and was looking at following a 1200cal a day diet after to lose the remaining weight.

i was looking at diet chef which seems really good but i dont like the price!

Does anyone know is diet chef just a 1200 cal a day diet made easy with everything prepared for you as i dont think it is low carb or anything and would i get the same result if i tracked my calories on mfp and had weight watchers microwave meals and snacks etc?

Thanks

£200 a month :eek: thats outrageous!

Why would anyone pay that when you could do it all yourself for a fraction of the cost?

If its 1200kcals its 1200kcals, doesnt matter how the foods made up if the kcals are the same, so the losses would be the same whether you did it yourself or paid their mad prices :)

Thank you, tht was what i thought, i was actually just looking up other reviews and there was a brilliant one which said you can make your own for the fraction of the cost, im going to get some recipies make up healthy soups, meals etc freeze them for a fraction of the cost!

plus with it being £195 a month you have to commit to a 3 month subscription, shocking!

I have bought some Look What We Found ready meals. I understand that they make meals for Diet Chef (or so I've been told by someone on Minis). Their meals are calorie counted and mostly low carb and I've been doing a combination of my own prepared meals and these (have these about twice a week) for convenience and for something different. I bought them off their website.

Shop - LWWF

I have stepped up to 800 calories now and I'm using MFP to track calories and carbs. I wouldn't use Diet Chef, I would just use MFP to plan and track your meals. Do be careful to refeed properly though otherwise you will head for a gain if you just move straight to 1200 calories and straight out of ketosis.

Thank you I will check those out but will definitely refeed before upping the calories and maybe I should do it in stages 800, 1000 then 1200 cals in monthly intervals rather than going straight on at 1200.

I have no idea about refeed and maintaining etc but want to do this the right way x

I once got a free sample off Diet chef and it was minging! It was Macaroni cheese and when I took it out of the microwave the smell of it turned my stomach, unfortunately it tasted as awful as it smelt/smelled? And even Mr Sweep (the dog) wouldn't go near it so it ended up in the bin.
I couldn't get rid of the smell out of my house for days :(

I've stepped up to 800 calories (as has Weasey) and we're doing our last stone or so that way. I'm still using the packs but have introduced more food (but keeping carbs around 60 or so). When I get to goal I will step up to 1000 and then 1200. Not sure when I will introduce carbs and come out of ketosis. Might leave that until I'm at 1200.

Well I dint like the s&s Mac cheese so the one your describing must be pure rank lol

I was going to ask about carbs etc as I wanted to get that right, I'm sure il be bombarding you with questions once the time comes x

I was just wondering where is the nest plave for the low carb items, are they easily available in supermarkets or is it best to just get from the low carb megastore?

Thanks

LCMS is convenient, but expensive, but you'd need to trawl round the supermarkets looking at all the labels initially (or look at their websites online). What sort of low carb things are you thinking of?

Just lookibg for things when i increase my calories so sone of bread i could add my pritein and salad too if that exists?

Oh, I don't use things like bread etc. I'd stick to LCMS if I was looking to add something like that.

BordersGirl said:
Oh, I don't use things like bread etc. I'd stick to LCMS if I was looking to add something like that.

What's LCMS ? :0/

i have tried diet chef, over a 1 yr ago, it was expensive but just took everything out of my hands, just heat and eat and all of the cals are counted for you, although you do have to add fruit and veg, there were some really scrummy meals on there but it is something you can do yourself, and yes bordersgirl look what we found that waitrose do are the same meals, i guess its just what suits some people for me it worked i lost quite a bit over 6 months, its just i have trouble maintaining. i love the speed of s&s.

Back