Diet coke chicken

well, i've just had the coke chicken and it was delicious. i used tesco diet coke as its my favourite one anyway. next time i will make double as i think it would be nice cold with a salad for next days lunch or even in a sandwich.

this sounds yummy... going to give it a go on Saturday night - can't wait

Tips for chicken in diet coke please

OK, I browned the chicken. Added diet coke. Added spices. Heated to a boil. Turned down to simmer.

I've got a pan of soggy chicken 'bits' and that's it.

Please could someone let me know where I went wrong xx

:eek: I have to give this one a try at the weekend, sounds really nice going by all the comments.

Glad I read this as Im making it tonight....I have boiled my chicken thighs and drumsticks in water first and put in the fridge, think I will then boil the coke and spices in a pan for 15 mins, prick the chicken and add to pan for another 15 mins to heat through and let flavours absorb.

Will this method work do you think? How long did you have to boil the sauce for?

What veg did you add to it? Rice or noddles?

Cheers
REM

I add the coke to a frying pan with a little passata over a high heat. (I don't add the chicken).

I use chicken drumsticks with skin removed, add them to an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven.

Keep the coke sauce on a high heat until it reduces, then pour over the chicken drumsticks and place them bake in the oven until cooked through. They come out nice and sticky.

I have never heard of this! My sister does ham in coca-cola though, never thought of chicken! Would someone be able to post up the ingredients/instructions so I can pass it on?

Sounds lovely...haven't tried it yet, as don't do many red days, but will definitely try it! x

Back