Diet coke chicken

Hi dont mean to butt in on the thread but just wanted to say that having normal coke cooked on food is ok, but using diet coke to me, is a bad idea... diet coke has aspertame in it and some studies have shown that when you heat aspertame over a certain temperature it can become dangerous to your health. When heated to over 85 degrees aspartame breaks down into neurotoxic sub[SIZE=+1]stances such as Methanol (wood alcohol), Formaldehyde (embalming fluid), Formic Acid (ant sting venom) and DKP[/SIZE] .. if you want to know more type in aspartame heat into any search engine.. dont want to put a dampner on it but I wouldnt cook aspertame, infact try not to consume it as much as possible, but defo wouldnt cook it x

I would love love love to try it, but tbh the aspartame has put me off as well. It is a shame it doesn't seem to work as well if supermarket cola is used. :(

Unless anyone has found that a particular brand without aspartame works too..... *crossing fingers and toes*

I just made this for my tea. I modified it a little though. I did it with chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, chopped carrots, mushrooms and onions. Instead of Chinese spices, I added lemon and cracked black pepper seasoning with soy sauce. The Diet Coke sauce didn't thicken for me, but then again, I was aching for it to come out of the pan it looked so good. I added dried noodles from a packet of super noodles. It was pretty tasty, like a big stir fry, but I need to leave the coke to caramelise better next time.

im so gonna try this tomoro soungs gorg xx

I like the diet coke chicken. The recipe I did had ketchup (synned) in it too. Don't use pepsi max because it's too sweet, use diet coke.
I think it tastes like a bbq sauce and I like it with SW chips and salad.

I think, in fairness, that the aspartame has already been heated when the diet coke was made and there's defo no whiff if formaldahyde (which has a very distinctive smell)when you cook this. But you will find lots of scare stories on the internet about cooking with aspartame.

2 cans diet coke, 1/2 CUP KETCHUP. pour over chicken and cook. I put it in slow cooker as it doesnt reach those so called dangerous temperatures. Bit like bbq sauce.

i fry the chicken in fry light first, then add the diet coke, balsamic vinegar and spice. It's so easy. and for sweet and sour, use iron bru and balsamic vinegar. Then it's syn free x

I made this for dinner tonight using just diet coke, chinese five spice, a splash of soy sauce and a dash of bbq sauce. I cooked it until almost all the sauce was gone and then poured it over a pan of stir-fry veg and rice noodles and mixed it all together. I have to say the result was gorgeous! I was dubious about how it would turn out, but can't wait to do it again, now!

I made this using the recipe from BritMumInCanada's website (Slimming Eats I think!) and it was delicious! I used Quorn as I'm a veggie, and it was lovely, and the boyfriend likes it too!

I think I just might try this one... I've been back and forth to this thread for the last week or so, and have finally built up the courage to actually try it lol
wish me luck :D

at the group i attend we were told to use 2 or 3 spoonfulls of passada and the diet coke and put it in the oven in a casserole dish. i would like to know how many cans of coke though cud anyone help me with this please

eurgh, diet coke contains aspertame, when aspertame is heated to over 85 degrees it breaks down into neurotoxic substances such as methanol, formaldahyde and formic acid... there are many articles online about the dangers of heated aspertame.. it is ok to use normal coke but i certainly would not cook aspertame in any way shape or form... bad food, just because it is low in calories carbs etc doesnt mean its good for you and cooked diet coke is something that i reckon defo isnt good for anyone x hths x

I had this the other day but this has got me worried about having it again now!

Diet Coke - red /EE day

Hi looking to do diet coke one day next week. The only trouble is my mind is a blank on what day to have it on.

Also does anyone have any idea on what i can have with it..... rice/noddles/SW Chips.... having one of those days where my mind as gone blank...

Jack_D said:
Hi looking to do diet coke one day next week. The only trouble is my mind is a blank on what day to have it on.

Also does anyone have any idea on what i can have with it..... rice/noddles/SW Chips.... having one of those days where my mind as gone blank...

I don't understand the question! What does doing diet coke mean? Am I missing something obvious?

K

Back