Diet coke chicken

Yes spend some time to reduce it!!!

That sounds proper nice that! Will try that I think on a green day with rice. Makes a nice change from the usual chilli, bolognese etc. Many thanks. Like the stickified idea, yum, and I like all the ingredients which is amazing for me. Getting some great ideas on this fantastic forum.:D:D:D

It does take ages , probably because of the lack of sugar , but it gets there in the end ! I do find if i put the chicken breast in too early it overcooks , so i start the sauce going for a while first

This. Was. Gorgeous. I used 3 chix breasts. I doubled the passata and diet coke so it took an hour to simmer down but worth the wait! I like my stuff a little extra saucy. So good! Thank u!

I tried this and my coke didnt go sticky :( i simmered it for ages and it just seemed to get more watery did i do it wrong?

I tried this and my coke didnt go sticky :( i simmered it for ages and it just seemed to get more watery did i do it wrong?

I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but did you simmer it with the lid off? And it doesn't necessarily go "sticky" but it thickens to a thin bbq sauce. Although I simmered mine for an hour (because I doubled the liquid) and it got to a great consistency. You're simmering the water content off the diet coke/tomato sauce/soy/worstershire etc. So all you have left is the delicious flavor of these things. If you didn't throw it away :eek: Put it back in the pan and let it simmer. Just make sure the lid is off so the water can escape and leave the good stuff behind!! :D

I made this for tea. I spooned some of the excess liquid out and then continued to simmer. The sauce reduced and finished with a thick consistency, it was delicious!!!

Did this again tonight, and decided half way through the simmering (looked at it and thought that looks so watery) to add 1 level tbs of cornflour mixed with a tiny bit of water. It thickened it beautifully and was only 3.5 syns so as 2 of us had it, syns were very low. I felt it was well worth it, the sauce was gorg.

Made the diet coke chicken with extra lean turkey mince this time! Added 4 diced carrots and some sweetcorn at the end and served it with a spinach salad! I put the mince mixture over a jacket potato. SO GOOD.

It prob doesn't look that appetizing. I wish I had added green pepper for more color but I didn't have any. :(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110222_200614.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110222_200614.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 455
ill have to try that..most people seem to really like it so im sure i will too

I recommend doubling the liquid. It will take about an hour to simmer but I love that because I just dump all the stuff in and walk away. I have time to play with my daughter, watch the news, take a shower WHATEVER. Even take a quick walk down the road. I think it tastes best with mashed potatoes. The mince thing was just a random idea as I had some mince to use up. It doesn't get as saucy when using mince but all the flavor gets absorbed into the meat. I bulked it out with veg (for extra easy). And it will feed me many times over! I think the mince variety would be delicious in lettuce cups - especially for people doing red days. Try it first with the diced chicken. That might give u a more accurate flavor.

Just made this for dinner and was amazing! Will have to make double next time as my fiancé pretty much inhaled it! Thanks for such a great recipe! Bx

Back