Diet coke chicken

It does take a while to thicken the sauce , i find it best not to leave the chicken cooking in the sauce while its thickeing , otherwise it gets very overcooked

I made this tonight for my dinner and instead of 5 spice added chilli flakes, paprika and cumin to it. I boiled it as said and it reduced lovely I then added some ribbons of carrots, chunky chopped peppers and onions just before serving. My partner is on his SECOND HUGE plate full. Thanks for the recipe x

Well he will love it, Chinese fake away LOL

I only use 1/2 a tin chopped toms and 1/2 a can of diet coke, then leave the lid off to simmer down into a thicker sauce.

Just cant get my sauce to thicken so have decided to go down the cornflour route. Not many syns under 2 so not worth worrying about. But the meal is so declicious, love it.

I'm confused- it mentions oxo cubes- but the method doesn't mention what to do with it? Also what type of oxo cube? Beef/veg/chicken?

Thanks! Can't wait to this this!!!!

What's best to serve with?

I'm confused- it mentions oxo cubes- but the method doesn't mention what to do with it? Also what type of oxo cube? Beef/veg/chicken?

Thanks! Can't wait to this this!!!!

What's best to serve with?

Hi i use veg oxo but chicken would be ok i think, sorry you need to put it in when adding the coke!! enjoy!

I used beef cubes. Even when I made it with chicken. Can't tell the difference. Doesn't really matter.

I serve it with rice or mash or over a jacket. Kind of up to the individual.

:cool:I have a slightly different recipe, it doesnt mention oxo cubes, but cant remember if the recipe on here uses Chinese 5 spice powder. It is nice though. Might try it with oxo, perhaps it will thicken a bit...............................

Is this free on a ee plan and what's passatera?sorry bout me being thick I'm learning to cook as I always had ready made meals in ww and just joined slimming world so I'm new to everything this has been my first week with a 3.5 weight loss very haps x

Hi Jessie. Passata is pureed tomatoes(I think). Yes diet coke chicken is free on EE. Well done on the loss so far x

Anyone ever tried it with quorn chicken? X

I haven't but don't recommend leaving them in the sauce while it reduces. Quorn can go mushy. But I'm no expert. There is a different dt coke chix thread on here and I know someone mentioned using quorn chix.

Yes it does disintigrate. I used to cook it for my hubby, I cant eat it myself as it makes me really sick but others find it very useful if you are on a green day.

OMG! I missed half the ingredients out?!? There's no wonder it tasted manky :( think I'll try it again and actually follow the recipe this time lol x

I had this tonight with mash and it was delicious!!! I didnt wanna open a tin of toms or pasatta just for a lil bit so i just mixed some tomato puree with water and put that in!!

Also u need to more then simmer the sauce to thicken it. I had it bubbling away and it reduced to half and was sooooo sticky and munchalicious i will defo be doing this again!! However next time i will seal the chuck first and then take it out until the sauce thickens and add it back in.

Back