Diet coke chicken

I had this tonight with mash and it was delicious!!! I didnt wanna open a tin of toms or pasatta just for a lil bit so i just mixed some tomato puree with water and put that in!!

Also u need to more then simmer the sauce to thicken it. I had it bubbling away and it reduced to half and was sooooo sticky and munchalicious i will defo be doing this again!! However next time i will seal the chuck first and then take it out until the sauce thickens and add it back in.
Hi hun, hope you don't mind me passing on the way i cook diet coke chicken. I use the following recipe, I tweeked the original one to my liking, hope it helps.
Chicken breast
6 tbsp passata (use the rest to make quorn chilli).
1/2 tsp lee and perrins
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp bbq seasoning
300ml diet coke
I just cube the chicken, spray a frying pan with frylight and fry for 5 mins turning once, add rest of ingredients and cook on full heat, takes about 15 mins then all the liquids just reduce and makes a sticky sauce, I even make a bbq sauce for dipping the same way but omit chicken and cook in saucepan instead.
xxx Loobylou

I had this tonight with mash and it was delicious!!! I didnt wanna open a tin of toms or pasatta just for a lil bit so i just mixed some tomato puree with water and put that in!!

Also u need to more then simmer the sauce to thicken it. I had it bubbling away and it reduced to half and was sooooo sticky and munchalicious i will defo be doing this again!! However next time i will seal the chuck first and then take it out until the sauce thickens and add it back in.

I freeze the remaining pasatta in an ice cube tray then bag up ready to use another time

I freeze the remaining pasatta in an ice cube tray then bag up ready to use another time

What a good idea, never thought of that :)

I have this cooking now.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Loobylou, never mind anyone sharing ideas or recipes that help!!! Do u leave the onion out too??

and the verdict is YUMMMMMMMM

I made it with Quorn Fillets, put in from frozen to 1/3 of the sauce ingredients (hubby and friend were having chicken)
I didn't use any oxo cube at all and Mine thickened up beautifully. The quorn didnt go mushy, but that pan thickened up quicker as less liquid.

#hollys nan - not sure why you are having thickening issues - i had mine on number 5 of 6 on my hob and NO lid and just kept my eye on it stirring frequently. Any liquid should reduce and thicken after a short time as you evapourate the liquid off.
Will post piccys later

One of my fave's i love this dish. its tastey and syn free! cant beat it. x

Hi hun, hope you don't mind me passing on the way i cook diet coke chicken. I use the following recipe, I tweeked the original one to my liking, hope it helps.
Chicken breast
6 tbsp passata (use the rest to make quorn chilli).
1/2 tsp lee and perrins
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp bbq seasoning
300ml diet coke
I just cube the chicken, spray a frying pan with frylight and fry for 5 mins turning once, add rest of ingredients and cook on full heat, takes about 15 mins then all the liquids just reduce and makes a sticky sauce, I even make a bbq sauce for dipping the same way but omit chicken and cook in saucepan instead.
xxx Loobylou
sounds like a plan!! will try your way next time thanks :D

I haven't made this yet, but with regards to the thickening issue, couldn't you use a mashed up potato to thicken it instead of using syns for cornflour?

As I said, I haven't made it yet, so the potato thing might not work in this recipe.

Paula
-x-

Hi,
I am new to the Forum and to SW. Someone brought this to the meet last week (my first) and I tried it last night. Her recipe was slightly different (no Oxo) but OMG! It was lovely. I used Worchester Sauce and probably a truck load of 5 spice, and because I only have the Caffeing free Diet Coke I used that.It was really easy and tastes fab

its my fav 2. im obsessed, dont eat it cold tho, not nice

i use, passata 6 tbsp
can diet coke
slash worcester sauce and thats it, its sooooo yum

I made a double batch of just the sauce last night. Of course, it had to simmer for about an hour, but it was GORGEOUS in the end. I served it on top of my pork chops and then drizzled some on my rice and broccoli! And I had a ton left over! Think I might grill up some chicken breasts next and spoon the sauce over those.

If you eat this a lot (like me - at least once a week), I recommend making a batch of the sauce and keeping it on hand for whatever you fancy. I love sauces, so this one is great. I do EE mostly and this goes well with just about everything!

Had it last night with chicken and beansprouts. So yummy but I add a level tbsp of cornflour 3.5 syns to thicken it. Between the two of us it makes it under 2 syns. Lovely!

We had this tonight for dinner and it was SO GOOD! I doubled the quantities of coke and tomatoes as suggested, also put a little more in of the Worcester and soy sauce to compensate, added red peppers and let it simmer for an hour and it came out brilliantly, nice and saucy! DH had it with rice and I had it with potatoes and broad beans as hexb's as I'm doing red today. YUMMY! Thanks for the recipes and tips ladies :)

Coca Cola Chicken

I stumbled across this recipie, its delicious and its free on extra easy!!

Fry 2 chopped up chicken breasts in fry light, add onion, mushrooms, peppers garlic and chilli flakes, then add 6 tablespoons of passata and a can of diet coke. Cook until sauce has reduced 9 about 20 mins ), serve with rice.

try it, it is amazing!!

Back