Diet coke chicken

Thanks for the recipe. Just had it for tea. Absolutely delicious!

Glad you enjoyed it, I am making it again tonight!!! Have a look on cokes website there are loads more recipies, not sure if there slimming world friendly tho

I do this too, although I have trouble with it thickening for some reason so I add 1 tbs of cornflour (3.5 syns) which between the two of us isnt too bad at all. It is delish isnt it, and I have mine on a bed of beansprouts, hubby has his with rice. Yum

Hi , mine took ages to thicken up, I was on the verge of having coca cola chicken soup!!! Then all of a sudden it just seems to thicken up. A friend of mine has reccommended cooking gammon in diet coke, so im going to give it a wirl at weekend

Yes have heard this is nice, although I will stick to chicken as hubby and myself not keen on gammon. We find it a bit salty. Enjoy

cvarey74 said:
Hi , mine took ages to thicken up, I was on the verge of having coca cola chicken soup!!! Then all of a sudden it just seems to thicken up. A friend of mine has reccommended cooking gammon in diet coke, so im going to give it a wirl at weekend

I have cooked the gammon joint in diet coke many times it's lovely and brings a lovely taste to the gammon xx

Not tried this one yet but I have done the ham in cola recipe (Nigella Lawson's) and that is to die for. Think I'll have a go at this one later in the week.

Vikki - where abouts in SY are you? I'm in Barnsley.

def gonna give this one a try this week, have maintained for the last two weeks now, need to try something new :(

sounds delicious -gonna try it tomorrow night

although the gas has gone from my hob, u think i could fry it off in the oven or the slow cooker??

tried it tonight - didnt like it now it may have been that my slow cooker burnt the arse outta the chicken so it just tasted of charcoal :( i have enough sauce over it but it just tasted burnt - may try again when i am at home to keep more of an eye on it

I cooked this on Sunday and found I had to add lots of flavouring to it otherwise it tasted funny. But it all turned out ok in the end :)

Back