Diet coke chicken

Can't decide about this recipe. Like coke and chicken though. Will have to try it for myself!!!

Where there's a will..... said:
Can't decide about this recipe. Like coke and chicken though. Will have to try it for myself!!!

I thought that-but it was lovely, proper sticky sweet BBQ type sauce :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
I thought that-but it was lovely, proper sticky sweet BBQ type sauce :)

Does sound yummy when u say it like that. Definetly gonna try it this week!!! Wish me luck, off to get weighed now and not had a good week. Was out over the weekend so said to myself ill start on Sunday which of course never happened :-(

This sounds so easy - going to try it today - thanks x:)

JackieN said:
gutted. mine didn't work. Was doing on a large scale for 7 people as a birthday tea. Chicken fell apart and coke just evaporated but didn't thicken... oh well looks like kfc for tea which wasn't what I planned

What happened to the rest of the sauce tho? You'd have been left with the tomoatoey base anyway?

What happened to the rest of the sauce tho? You'd have been left with the tomoatoey base anyway?

the chicken soaked it up. I've kept the chicken but would have been too dry to have with rice and chips as planned. Going to put the chicken in the fridge and see what I can do with it tomorrow

the chicken soaked it up. I've kept the chicken but would have been too dry to have with rice and chips as planned. Going to put the chicken in the fridge and see what I can do with it tomorrow

You need to make the sauce first then add it to the chicken, well that what I do and never failed yet, its the ONLY meal my fella can cook as its so easy :D

I do mine
large chopped onion
2-3 cloves garlic
box passata
can coke
teaspoon mustard
tablespoon worc sauce
3 tbs balsamic vinegar
bring to boil in non stick fying pan when onions/garlic are soft I wizz them up with stick blender return to simmer until sticky and thick :D

You need to make the sauce first then add it to the chicken, well that what I do and never failed yet, its the ONLY meal my fella can cook as its so easy :D

argh right well in that case I will make the sauce to go with the chicken tomorrow. phew at least I can use it as used alot of chicken - thank you :D

JackieN said:
argh right well in that case I will make the sauce to go with the chicken tomorrow. phew at least I can use it as used alot of chicken - thank you :D

I brown the chicken first, then remove it-make the sauce and then when it's starting to bubble i put the chicken back in :)

gutted. mine didn't work. . . . . . and coke just evaporated but didn't thicken...

I tried making this yesterday and had the same problem - I followed the recipe from the 1st page of this thread and "sticky" is one word I cannot use to describe it. I boiled it right down then added the chicken for the last 10 mins cos I used left overs from previous day. All I got was a very sweet tomato & onion flavour sauce (and not much of it cos most of it had evaporated). Not impressed at all. :(

There are so many versions of this recipe on this thread so can someone point one out to me that definitely works - ie "goes sticky".

I tried making this yesterday and had the same problem - I followed the recipe from the 1st page of this thread and "sticky" is one word I cannot use to describe it. I boiled it right down then added the chicken for the last 10 mins cos I used left overs from previous day. All I got was a very sweet tomato & onion flavour sauce (and not much of it cos most of it had evaporated). Not impressed at all. :(

There are so many versions of this recipe on this thread so can someone point one out to me that definitely works - ie "goes sticky".

Try mine its never failed me yet

Cola Chicken

Hello!

I keep hearing about this supposed great SW recipe for Cola chicken, has anyone got it??

Thanks

Becca :)

can diet coke
add cup tomato ketchup.(Imake my own so its syn free)
add ribs/chicken
I do mine in slow cooker or just cook slowly in oven.

You do realise the great debate is about to restart.I love it anyway.

My auntie has asked me for a recipe for diet coke chicken, never made it myself, so searched for this thread.
Now I am really confused, as there appears to be so many different versions, so, which is the best?

Have made the sauce today, made it with a litre of diet coke ( branded), 10 tblespns passata ( onion and garlic one) lea and perrins then added loads of paprika to give a smokey bbq taste, the sauce is very sweet so ive added some chilli flakes for when it goes in the oven. I flash fried the chicken breasts to make sure they dont fall apart. Will let you know howcitctastes when completed :)

Back