Diet coke chicken

I'm just about to try this with BBQ seasoning because I can't get the glaze I used to use anymore, not entirely sure how it will pan out but will let you all know!

I'm just about to try this with BBQ seasoning because I can't get the glaze I used to use anymore, not entirely sure how it will pan out but will let you all know!

Will probably be nice I am forever fiddling about with the recipe and they have all been gr8, smoked paprika is yummy in it to give a smoky bbq taste

Nope, was vile! It was a bag on bbq seasoning from the asda world section, never ever again! *sigh* The search goes on for a glaze substitute, the shop I bought it from shut down when the owner retired suddenly :(

I tried this last night too, I really wasn't convinced and thought I was going to ruin £6 worth of chicken. But wow! It was lovely. Had it with potato wedges and salad but think it would go with anything. Thanks for the tip :)

Do not knock this!
I read this post last night and was determined to try it out!
Well, tonight I made my brother some chicken (for his lunch tomorrow) and thought I'd experiment (and not 'ruin' my own chicken) but my oh my it is DELICIOUS!!!!!!

Definitely definitely worth a meal... I made mine with pepsi max!!

Would be lovely with rice or noodles and some glazed carrots on an EE day (obviously a lot of carrots :p) x

WelshCake said:
You need to make the sauce first then add it to the chicken, well that what I do and never failed yet, its the ONLY meal my fella can cook as its so easy :D

I do mine
large chopped onion
2-3 cloves garlic
box passata
can coke
teaspoon mustard
tablespoon worc sauce
3 tbs balsamic vinegar
bring to boil in non stick fying pan when onions/garlic are soft I wizz them up with stick blender return to simmer until sticky and thick :D

Thanks, I'm going to make this on Sunday, instead of having a chinese, x

Just made a big batch of this with 3 cans of diet coke, 500ml carton of passata, 2tblsp each of Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, and a bit of paprika and Chinese 5 spice. It's currently marinating some pork steaks :)

EDIT: I forgot I also cooked 2 onions, 4 cloves of garlic and a big piece of ginger, pureed them and chucked them in!

I have just tried this with diced pork and chicken which I then had with a mixed salad. As I was sat eating it thinking how scrummy I got to thinking. If you have to syn fruit if you cook it and certain other foods, do you have syn for the diet coke? Xxx

I have just tried this with diced pork and chicken which I then had with a mixed salad. As I was sat eating it thinking how scrummy I got to thinking. If you have to syn fruit if you cook it and certain other foods, do you have syn for the diet coke? Xxx

Theres no calories in diet coke (well almost none) so no :)

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure I'm not over indulging lol x

So how much coke extra do you use to make a batch like that. It sound wonderful being able to have it on tap x

Thanks very much for that I'm off to go and make some x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ive made it before and to me it tastes between a sweet and sour and bbq sauce quite nice I added mushrooms courgettes and onions to it. x

Had a variation of this.

Used two cans of coke zero (not a fan of diet coke)
12-14 table spoons of tomato pasatta sauce
4-5 splashes of Worcestershire sauce

Reduced in a pan until it started to become thick.

Great to add over skinned and boiled chicken pieces. Add to the chicken and place in the oven to finish so the sauce thickens and gets friendly with the chicken. ;-)

We had the sauce over trimmed chicken wings. It was a nice Saturday treat.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi,I tried this tonight ,I boiled for ages but it didn't really go sticky. It was nice though as I made a chicken chow mien with t x

Back