Diet coke chicken

not sure of exact amount but I think I used about 1/2 - 3/4 can for 1-2 portions.
I made it with onion, chicken, coke, couple of spoons of passata and couple of splashes of worcestor sauce.

Forgot about this, might have to try it again sometime soon

oops should have read back, just posted the same variation as someone else !!

I used a 2 litre bottle of coke zero! Added lea and perrins and five spice, bit of cayenne and some soy ( it was way to sweet for me last time!) this made enough fpr dinner and hubby used the rest on his pasta during the week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

OOOOOooohhhh its to die for !!!!!!!
just chicken & five spice and diet coke.......served with fresh crunchy salad :)

Am gutted, I love this recipe but have given up diet coke/pepsi products for over 6 weeks so dont wanna start liking the taste again-might try the SW BBQ sauce recipe to do something similar :)

:wow:OMG! Ive just made this tonight for tea. Just the standard way with the chinese spice and coke. It is deeeelicious!!! I would recommend this to everyone!! cant wait for my OH to try it!!

Am gutted, I love this recipe but have given up diet coke/pepsi products for over 6 weeks so dont wanna start liking the taste again-might try the SW BBQ sauce recipe to do something similar :)

As hayles10 said you would not know it was coke! Im not a huge fan of coke but I luuuurrrved this! :D

Haylz4684 said:
As hayles10 said you would not know it was coke! Im not a huge fan of coke but I luuuurrrved this! :D

Thanks, it's not much the taste I guess, as the addiction to aspartame I'm worried about! Might give it a go tho, I really enjoyed it last time x

Oh my god this is absolutely delicious! Just made it with the diet coke and five spices mmmmmmmmmm

You need to make the sauce first then add it to the chicken, well that what I do and never failed yet, its the ONLY meal my fella can cook as its so easy :D

I do mine
large chopped onion
2-3 cloves garlic
box passata
can coke
teaspoon mustard
tablespoon worc sauce
3 tbs balsamic vinegar
bring to boil in non stick fying pan when onions/garlic are soft I wizz them up with stick blender return to simmer until sticky and thick :D

OK this is currently on the stove as we speak! Added extra everything to make double the recipe -wish me luck! x

Just made a big batch of this with 3 cans of diet coke, 500ml carton of passata, 2tblsp each of Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, and a bit of paprika and Chinese 5 spice. It's currently marinating some pork steaks :)

EDIT: I forgot I also cooked 2 onions, 4 cloves of garlic and a big piece of ginger, pureed them and chucked them in!
Made this with Pepsi Max and it was a little sweet for me. Used it on Gamon steaks and stored the left overs in the fridge. Poured it through stir fried veg and noodles the next day. I have a little left and will use this evening on pork chops. Next time I will use diet coke as I don't think this is as sweet as the pepsi.

OK this is currently on the stove as we speak! Added extra everything to make double the recipe -wish me luck! x

Twas loveloy~! Very sweet so added some chilli, but was good!!

Thanks

I cooked this last night, it is nice but no where near as nice as I thought it was going to be.

x

Back