Diet coke chicken

I tried this on Friday night (at the request of my non-SW-er boyfriend), and to be honest... I wasn't that impressed with it. I mean, the sauce had a lovely consistency, and the chicken didn't go at all dry - but I found it a bit too sweet. I think you need to really like those kinds of sticky sweet sauces to fully appreciate this recipe!

MiniBean said:
I tried this on Friday night (at the request of my non-SW-er boyfriend), and to be honest... I wasn't that impressed with it. I mean, the sauce had a lovely consistency, and the chicken didn't go at all dry - but I found it a bit too sweet. I think you need to really like those kinds of sticky sweet sauces to fully appreciate this recipe!

I made it tonight and also found it too sweet. Might have to make some adjustments the next time I make it.

I make mine with dark and light soy, it evens the sweetness out. I alao use chicken wings, so they become like sweet/soy sticky wings.

Thanks for reminding me of such an awesome recipe, a chef I used to work with always made his own version of BBQ sauce using Coke and it was delicious, so if it is good enough to serve in a bistro restaurant it is good enough for me ;)

I decided to do diet coke chicken yesterday in slow cooker. My partner was watching me prep the dish. He could not stop talking to everyone he spoke to about cooking a meal with diet coke !
But then i dished it out and he ate the lot and complimented the meal, he said it was very tasty and would have again. I will say it was very scrummy and tasty.
I would recommend anyone to try this dish .

Janr

I will be trying this on tuesday. My brother and his gf are coming for tea (they are doing sw too) so I have been experimenting with recipies thatare to big just for 1 person to eat.
Last week it was kfc style chicken

We've made this a few times with just onion, chicken, passata and diet coke but last time we added garlic, mushrooms, some chopped peppers and dried mixed herbs and it was luuuurvely!! Kinda reminded me of chicken chasseur but without the red wine!

Can someone please tell me what flavour oxo cube u use for this recipe? Some say chicken, some say beef??? Sorry, silly question I know but really want to try this and don't want to mess it up as I am a newbie in the kitchen :)

No, but others rave about it too! Just saying you can use any. Love diet coke/cola with quorn sausages, quorn mince and the pieces

Wow. Really interested in trying this with diet fanta/7up/sprite/whatever I can find!

I am attempting this tonight fpr the first time and thought I would do it with an egg fried rice.

Will it go okay with it?

Back