Diet coke chicken

I will give it a go and see. Hubby has vowed to be more exciting with food. Told him it was a new chicken recipe tonight but missed out the Diet Coke bit!

Sounds like my OH.

Going to have to try this :)

I will give it a go and see. Hubby has vowed to be more exciting with food. Told him it was a new chicken recipe tonight but missed out the Diet Coke bit!

When I first did this I told him it was a sauce made with coke, he said he would have something else as he'd not like it!! As I munched away he said "it actually looks nice" to which I replied "it is nice, very nice" he then tried some and proceed to finish off the portion I was going to have the next day, now if I've not made it for a week or so hes actually asking for it!

Diet Coke Chicken HELP

Please can anyone help me, I've tried making diet coke chicken but I just can't get the 'coke' to go syrupy:confused: I'm I doing something wrong, I'm I expecting too much.

I put all the ingredients in a pan & cook away bubbling the sauce.

My sister is coming for tea tonight & I'd like to make a quorn version, with SW chips, carrots & swede:D

Well when I do it, all the coke disappears and there is a coating of it all over the chicken, do you simmer it, I bring to the boil then simmer till it has all gone.

Am interested to try this. Can someone post the recipe? :D x

Deleted as I was talking nonsense as per.

*plugs brain back in*

Last edited:
Happy Holidays said:
I wouldn't even know how many syns in real coke I've never been a lover of fizzy drinks, I prefer cordial (or wine:D).

Well last nights was better than previous attempts, my sister was plesantly surprised how nice it tasted.

Theres a thread in the recipe section,l only go on Minimins on my phone though,so don't know if its any different though, anyway theres a few different variations, l use diet coke and equal quantity of passatta, l whizz up a couple of onions chilli garlic,chinese seasoning,bit of ginger,paprika add to coke n passatta and boil till its as thick as you want it,Ive had it with grilled quorn sausage, but lm sure you could add quorn pieces or chicken pieces, its delish and the sauce could be used with beef pork anything really. Sorry not much help quantities but mine varies each time make,but a recipe

Sorry pressed send to soon, recipe's a guide not a rule lol, Sure a far more experienced minminner will be able to add a link to the original recipe, hope this helps :)

ermintrude said:
Is it proper Coke or diet./own brand stuff? I've heard non-Coke doesn't work very well, though I've never tried this recipe myself.

EDIT: Sorry, just read the damn title *re-attaches brain* - it's because you're using diet Coke.

But it's 'DIET' coke chicken??!!

Wouldn't be SW friendly otherwise?!

But it's 'DIET' coke chicken??!!

Wouldn't be SW friendly otherwise?!

Ignore me Ive obviously got it wrong. I did read a thread somewhere where they were saying it didnt work with some sorts of Coke, but obviously a diet coke one had to work with diet Coke. Sorry, youll have to search around as this has definitely come up before.

ermintrude said:
Ignore me Ive obviously got it wrong. I did read a thread somewhere where they were saying it didnt work with some sorts of Coke, but obviously a diet coke one had to work with diet Coke. Sorry, youll have to search around as this has definitely come up before.

You sure you're not thinking of the slush mug thread erm?

I know there were issues about diet drinks not working in them?

OP, I've sometimes had to boil diet coke chicken for an hour or two! It does get there eventually!! x

I found thi diet coke chicken recipe off someone on facebook sw group

1 bag of frozen diced chicken ( thawed)
can of diet coke
Passata
2 onions, chopped
1 oxo cube
Worcestershire sauce
5 spice (optional)

Cook the chicken in frylight, add the chopped onion, sprinkle over the crumbled oxox cube.

When the chicken is almost cooked, mix 6 tablespoons of passata with the can of diet cokeand pour over the chicken.

Add the worcestshire sauce and a little 5 spice, if using.

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat adn simmer for 15 - 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickenend.

Back