I found thi diet coke chicken recipe off someone on facebook sw group

1 bag of frozen diced chicken ( thawed)
can of diet coke
Passata
2 onions, chopped
1 oxo cube
Worcestershire sauce
5 spice (optional)

Cook the chicken in frylight, add the chopped onion, sprinkle over the crumbled oxox cube.

When the chicken is almost cooked, mix 6 tablespoons of passata with the can of diet cokeand pour over the chicken.

Add the worcestshire sauce and a little 5 spice, if using.

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat adn simmer for 15 - 30 minutes, until the sauce has thickenend.

Gonna use this recipe tonight thanks x

It was amazing! Also put spring onion and mushrooms in with the chicken and sauce and served it with stir fry veg was lush!

I had diet coke chicken drumsticks last week and as I had some passata left over from that, the next night for dinner I had diet coke prawns! Nom nom!!! :D

Hi everyone, have done this recipe loads and love it. The trick is to keep boiling the diet coke and passata on a high heat for about half an hour, it does thicken up and is yummy. I serve with either sw chips or rice. :)

I have used a tin of blended tomatoes instead of passata and it worked, if you have a tin!

Just trying it now, as i dont have any tin tomatoes or ketchup! Added smoked paprika and dark soy sauce....tastes lovely, waiting for sauce to thicken

Ive made this twice now 1st time was lovely 2nd time i used pepsi max cause i had it in the fridge and it was not the same think the flavour is from the diet coke. :)

I always cook the chicken first, not shove it all in together. I put balsamic vinegar and chinese spice in. I never bother with chicken fillets, just buy cheap drumsticks, cook them and scrape the meat off, much cheaper :)

I make diet coke chicken at least 3 times a week.
Heres how I do it...

After cooking off the meat I add 6tbsp of passata, 3 tbs soy sauce, 5 tsp chinese 5 spice, garlic and then 6tbs sweetener. Then cover it with the cola!

I rarely use branded cola and it still works fine for me. I think the sweetener has a big part to play in it :)

Can you cook this in the actifry?

Back