Diet coke chicken

Diet coke chicken with frozen chicken

I want to do diet coke chicken tonight in my actifry but the chicken iv got is cook straight from frozen. Do you think i can throw the frozen chicken pieces and sauce into the actifry and cook for 30mins and it'll turn out right?

I've no idea, sorry, I don't have an actifry; you could give it a go.

Never tried it in the actifry but I think you'd be better doing it in a pan. I think it would take ages to reduce in the actifry and would leave it in a right mess!

Can you freeze diet coke chicken some have said yes some have said no... i cook my meals and freeze them as there is only me and my daughter thanks x

I do but only if the meat was not frozen previously x

help with diet coke chicken

hi i was just wondering if the diet coke chicken can be cooked in the slow cooker and if so does the recipe need any adjustment im hoping to cook it while im at work then just serve it with noodles :thankyou:

Agree with above post, but just to add that I have tried diet coke gammon in the slow cooker and it did not work - the sauce did not thicken. It works best on the hob and really boil it to reduce the sauce. x

pizzle84 said:
I want to do diet coke chicken tonight in my actifry but the chicken iv got is cook straight from frozen. Do you think i can throw the frozen chicken pieces and sauce into the actifry and cook for 30mins and it'll turn out right?
Don't try it. It says in the manual that it's not designed for liquids, and I definitely think diet coke counts as liquid! It'll flow all through the hole in the middle for the paddle and then into all the bits at the bottom.

The best diet coke chicken I made was when I left the mixture in the pan boiling to answer the door - took longer than I expected and when I came back the kitchen was all steamed up, the sauce was a sticky goo all over the chicken, it was the best I have made todate, you really need to have it on a hot heat for at least 20 mins to get the desired sticky sauce, in the past I dont think that I left it long enough

Who ever thought of diet coke chicken needs praising.. what a fab meal made it for the first time today it was gorgeous! Even my dad enjoyed it! And it takes a lot to impress him! Got to make it again tomorrow :).. has anyone got any good ideas what to serve it with I had it with rice and they had chips.. but after something different thanks x

Another great recipe is Sweet and Sour Chicken mad with Lilt Zero in the same way but adding mixed peppers and fresh pineapple! :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Made diet coke chicken tonight for the first time, had it with cous cous - it was lovely - will be making again soon.

Back