Diet Coke / Coke Zero / Acusulfame Potassium

My friend is on the Cambridge diet and she is allowed Coke Zero but no one i know that does LT has ever taken Coke Zero while on this..

Then again, i cant really talk, i have been having the tiniest drop of milk in my tea & coffee everyday since day one (this time and the first time around...)and its done me no harm.....

Since being on LT and CD I was told that you couldnt have any coke whatsoever apart from being on cd. But as I missed my usual fix I contacted head office back last October as I found out that both lt and cd was made by the same company so thought if cd are allowed it then why not lt as well, so they told me that its not normally recommended especially diet coke but coke zero is allowed in moderation like one glass a day and as you can see from my 1st week weigh in on LT it didnt do any harm to me. Obviously ya are not allowed to drink a whole bottle but one glass is fine and make sure its not the diet drink just the zero one!

Coke Zero is not allowed on CD. There was a brief period a couple of years ago when a can a day was allowed, however, it was found to develop cravings in many and unfortunately started people feeling hungry.

It is no longer allowed only plain water, or sparkling water (not soda water) with no added flavourings. Black tea and coffee in addition to the 4 pints not included in.

Coke Zero does not have citric acid in it but malic acid. However, there are calories its only zero sugar plus flavourings which are not VLCD friendly.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up Linda. I hadn't found that it produced any cravings in me, but better safe than sorry.

Coke Zero is not allowed on CD. There was a brief period a couple of years ago when a can a day was allowed, however, it was found to develop cravings in many and unfortunately started people feeling hungry.

It is no longer allowed only plain water, or sparkling water (not soda water) with no added flavourings. Black tea and coffee in addition to the 4 pints not included in.

Coke Zero does not have citric acid in it but malic acid. However, there are calories its only zero sugar plus flavourings which are not VLCD friendly.

The cdc that I am with at the moment told me to drink a glass a day and thankfully it hasnt made me crave for anything, I do have to say that its the variety of shakes that makes me want to crave other foods.

Thanks for that I will defintely be mentioning it to her tomorrow. Ive got so used to taking my little fix now though but thanks for the information!!

I had coke zero when I did the diet. There is no citric acid in coke zero (but there is in diet coke). Its not what LT recommends, but I did it stayed in ketosis and lost weight.

*really doesn't get the fascination everyone has with Coke*

I always loved coke....crazy I know, but I never had it every day....maybe twice a week. I'm not advising anyone have it, just saying I did and it didn't stop me losing weight (and it didn't bring on cravings).

I always loved coke....crazy I know, but I never had it every day....maybe twice a week. I'm not advising anyone have it, just saying I did and it didn't stop me losing weight (and it didn't bring on cravings).

Me too!! I just love my usual little fix and it gets me through the day knowing im having something better than water!!

You certainly shut everyone up, that sounds disgusting. Give me vanilla lipo with coffee anyday!! XX

Well I'm just glad to see that there are other Coke Zero fans out there who've found it didn't interfere with their plan.

I'll try to avoid it myself. But I'll know that if I have it as a treat, it'll be relatively harmless, since it hasn't produced any cravings in me this first week. (And the first week is traditionally difficult for most.)

Back