Diet Coke v.Coke Zero

I've been drinking Coke Zero daily since about half way thrpough my diet and it hasn't affected my wieght loss at all (21lbs in 6 weeks).

In fact, it stops me wanting chocolate or biscuits in the evening so its been a big help.

so where in London are you hun?

Just outside in Beaconsfield for now, but work in the West End. Will probably move back in shortly, but my show finishes in a week, so I'll wait to see where the next show takes me! (the joy of freelancing!)

Coke zero it is then - when faced with the choice!

I may learn to like it as much, never know though!

When I am not doing CD I can't really stand Coke Zero as I am a diet coke girl usually and enjoy diet coke, but while on CD, I love Coke Zero!!! It's just so nice having a treat like that! x

My CDC said I could have one can of Coke Zero a day, I always have them in the fridge, but I only have one if I'm really really really desperate. I found it really hard at first, but getting used to the water, especially now I have some of the Orange water flavouring.

See the joy of me not starting cd till saturday is that im sitting here with a diet coke right now

hi, i asked my cdc on sun and allowed 2 cans of coke zero each day.

It's not allowed and can cause problems. Why not try sparkling water with water flavourings? Makes a really nice drink if you need something fizzy :cool:

Hi Folks,

I was a diet coke addict too, but I now buy asda smart price sparkling water for 17p and add 3/4 tsp of berry flavouring to it (be careful, pour some into a jug, add flavouring, then pour back in bottle as it fizzy's loads) I buy 7 bottles when I go shopping and make a weeks worth up. Keep it in the fridge and its really cold. It really helps me when I struggle to drink 2.5ltrs of water a day too. I think its the fizziness that helps.

I think officially it was allowed and it was something like a can's worth a day, but they no longer advise it, due to it makes some people crave foods and bloated, but personally, it doesn't affect me that way and it helps me stick to the diet, so what harm can it do!!

I think officially it was allowed and it was something like a can's worth a day, but they no longer advise it, due to it makes some people crave foods and bloated, but personally, it doesn't affect me that way and it helps me stick to the diet, so what harm can it do!!

None to you :D

It was only in the book for a very short time. It wasn't allowed, then it appeared...then it disappeared :D

I think there's pros and cons whenever you deviate from the plan.

Pro: You could find it works for you. You continue to lose weight, don't get cravings or feel hungry, find it helps you continue with the diet. Fabulous :clap:

Cons: You could try it and find it causes cravings. Might end up falling off the wagon and not being able to pick up again (as so often seems to happen). You might find the diet harder to stick to. Not so good :(

I would always recommend that if you can stick to what is laid out in the book, you have the best chance on things not going wrong. If people want to take that risk and find it works for them, then fine:cool: As long as people know that it can cause problems, to watch out, and can pick up if it doesn't work as expected :)

The only reason I jump on these threads is that rumour gets around so fast, and before you know it, it becomes an accepted part of the plan IYKWIM. Just trying to stop that happening.:eek:

I have to say, I was never a 'coke addict' but I certainly enjoyed a can or 2 of it. However, without sounding smug, I am SO glad that I have kicked it, because it can't be healthy...full of artificial flavourings etc, and I can never get over that science experiment thing where they put the rusty pennny in the coke and it came out spotlessly shiney! All that goes through my mind now when I see coke is 'What is that doing to your stomach/teeth' and I happily glug my water ;)

KD - definitely agree, thanks for your input - I definitely don't want people to think that it's accepted, I know that it's not recommended, but at the same time, for me it works ok and I feel it would be much more difficult for me if I didn't have this treat :D

Jeez will I miss my diet coke...I love it :(

I coped today - the A40 is not strewn with maimed dancers-and I have not given in to the evil coke fairy!

Hurrah!:D

well I had a hellish night last night when OH made his tea cos it smelt amazing... I ended up having 2 glasses of coke zero and I was fine after that...

I really think if I hadn't had my coke zero I would have seriously given in to the food xx

Back