Diet pepsi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amethyst

Banned
I have read a few posts where people drink diet pop, eat sugar free jelly etc..

BUT When i was on CD we were told not to drink or eat these cus of the citric acid could knock us out of ketosis?

I am a diet pepsi addict and not had none for 3 days, am i allowed atleast a pint a day? Will it knock me out of ketosis ? :p

I don't think you should really have diet pepsi on a low carb diet. It's the drink of the devil. ;) I am sure it's really bad for you. Don't know why, but on supersize vs superskinny the doctor always says no to any fizzy pop type of drink.

I saw a post a day or so back that said some people are knocked out of ketosis by citric acid and other's aren't.

Why not try spakling water?

That means If I cant have diet coke I will just have to have me Vodka ka ka on its tod-ski lol...... It is the devils drink......

Devil Woofy X

Flavoured vodka on ice is the way to go woofy. Now I don't really drink much, but do love flavoured vodka. :D

What about soda in it? Not sure what it would be like.

I might be wrong about it, so wait and see what the others say guys. It might just be me that thinks it messes with your body and is addictive.

Amethyst, I would say if you do have it, a pint is a lot each day!

A pint is alot? Omfg i used to drink about 2 litres a day of it aswell as 2 litres of water!!

I feel dehydrated on 2-3 litres of water a day now!! lol...

uchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy to sparkling water, it is digusting!! lol

OMG, 2L !!!!:D. You are addicted.

I have to say that I am drinking 4 - 5L of water a day and can still drink more, so I know what you mean about feeling dehdrated on 2 - 3L of water. I would just drink to feel comfortable.

yeah i hear ya, i drank that much on CD i am sure i will end up upping it to a bit more!!

Hope your spreading it out over the day though hunny.. Dont go drinking no more than 5 litres a day!!

Yep spreading it out. I do lots of walking, so need extra water.

I know for certain that vodka and other alcohol is really dangerous if a person is in ketosis. It can make a person seriously ill and on occasions it could be fatal. If you are in ketosis you should not take alcohol.

A pint is alot? Omfg i used to drink about 2 litres a day of it aswell as 2 litres of water!!

I feel dehydrated on 2-3 litres of water a day now!! lol...

uchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy to sparkling water, it is digusting!! lol
hey coke zero doesnt contain any citric acid !!!

Pepsi does not contain citric acid, it contains phosphoric acid like coke (they are both cola) unless it is the lemon flavoured one (is there one?)...
I know for certain that vodka and other alcohol is really dangerous if a person is in ketosis. It can make a person seriously ill and on occasions it could be fatal. If you are in ketosis you should not take alcohol.

Oh my! Another scare monger! Alcohol can be consumed in moderation as the effects are felt more easily when one is in ketosis, it is NOT going to kill you or anyone else....miffed that this silly notion is doing the rounds on here! Bah!

Hope your spreading it out over the day though hunny.. Dont go drinking no more than 5 litres a day!!

I sometimes have to, I train hard in the gym (marathon rows, octathalons, weight training, etc) and do low carbing...needs must, I was dehydrated slightly today and yesterday I consumed 5 litres, today pretty much the same amount...not all at once, though, but if your urine is dark or has any yellow to it, you need to drink more whilst in ketosis...

Pepsi does not contain citric acid, it contains phosphoric acid like coke (they are both cola) unless it is the lemon flavoured one (is there one?)...

Oh my! Another scare monger! Alcohol can be consumed in moderation as the effects are felt more easily when one is in ketosis, it is NOT going to kill you or anyone else....miffed that this silly notion is doing the rounds on here! Bah!

It is true hun, affects ppl differently, but can be dangerous! :cool:

oh no, u have scared me now.im in ketosis an im goin clubbin 2moro nite an im drinkin vodka an diet coke.will i be ok?

On the pepsi front.. I have a bit of a penchant for pepsi max.. it does stall me though so im trying to limit myself to max one can a day, none if i can manage.

kirst.. have a look at the specific alcohol thread from a couple of days ago, will clarify for you. You should be fine, but might find u get drunk easier so take it easy. xx

You need to think of the caffeine in it too.. it is quite possible that on 2l a day your body will have become accustomed to this high level of caffeine and you may well get withdrawls if you dont have it for a few days.
My advice - go without completely for a week or so, let your body get back to normal then have a small amount every now and again as a treat.

I'm dreading going on holiday at the end of the month. Its all inclusive - and I used to love having the smoothies for breakfast, slushies all day long and diet cokes at night. I'm going to be tough on myself this time though and stick with the water ;)

I'm dreading going on holiday at the end of the month. Its all inclusive - and I used to love having the smoothies for breakfast, slushies all day long and diet cokes at night. I'm going to be tough on myself this time though and stick with the water ;)

Oooh yeah, water is far better than all that sugar...one slush puppy and I am going gaga...head rush, the works! But that is cos I don't really do the refined sugar thang...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back