Diet Plate

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
S: 21st0lb C: 13st4lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 30 Loss: 7st10lb(36.73%)
Actually yes I do think it would be a good idea! So would a little gadget that lists the syns in something when you scan the barcode lol

Lianna

Silver Member
S: 15st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
OMG tht would be Fab lol!! lets get on Dragons den haha

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
I've thought about it for ages! You scan the product, it asks you what day you're doing and shows it as free food or syns. SW would make a fortune as I's definately pay for something like this.

Taz

Spam Hunter
S: 17st12lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st8lb(31.2%)
WW do a calculator that you can put in your bag so I don't see why SW can't do the same. I think the plate idea is a great one too!

suepat10

I am one of the 63336
S: 20st3lb C: 20st3lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 44.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
What would be absolutely bliss would be if SW managed to come up with a warm tape measure. They're always blooming freezing when I want to measure myself!

kissme

Gold Member
I've thought about it for ages! You scan the product, it asks you what day you're doing and shows it as free food or syns. SW would make a fortune as I's definately pay for something like this.

So would i! id happily pay £100 for a little machine that did that!

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
So would i! id happily pay £100 for a little machine that did that!

It could be updated at meetings or online with all the new foods released and their syn values! I think I may just get onto them about it!

pesty

Fighting the bulge
S: 13st13.5lb C: 13st2.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 31.7 Loss: 0st11lb(5.63%)
I think the scanner is a brilliant idea!! like the price checkers around the supermarket!! What we should do is convince the whole world to do slimming world so that they syns have to be written on the packets!!! Or slimming world should have their own food range with syns written on like WW!!!

I agree suepat - the tape measure is a real shocker!! Especially as i do it in the morning before work on WI day im not 'with it' enough to think in the morning - it gets me every time!!! haha.

lupuscow

S: 11st12lb C: 11st6lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 0st6lb(3.61%)
I have the very plate you are talking about! My local farm shop also has a pottery painting studio and i love doing it so i created myself a dinner plate split into sections. (looks like a pie chart) so i don't under estimate my third of good stuff. It was real easy and fun to do, i painted mine to match the rest of my dinner set so i don't feel different at meal times.

Taz

Spam Hunter
I have the very plate you are talking about! My local farm shop also has a pottery painting studio and i love doing it so i created myself a dinner plate split into sections. (looks like a pie chart) so i don't under estimate my third of good stuff. It was real easy and fun to do, i painted mine to match the rest of my dinner set so i don't feel different at meal times.
Thats a great idea to make it yourself!

Taz

Spam Hunter
I think the scanner is a brilliant idea!! like the price checkers around the supermarket!! What we should do is convince the whole world to do slimming world so that they syns have to be written on the packets!!! Or slimming world should have their own food range with syns written on like WW!!!
WW is owned by Heinz, it was started to sell their range of 'diet' foods. BUT Tesco list WW points values on most of their products so I don't see why they can't do the same with Syns

Lianna

Silver Member
S: 15st0lb C: 15st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Thats a great idea to make it yourself!

i HAVE EMAILED MY LOCAL POTTERY PAINTING PLACE TO SEE IF I CAN DO ONE TOO :)

Shirleen

Gold Member
S: 21st12.5lb C: 21st4lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 45.3 Loss: 0st8.5lb(2.77%)
As the new Google phone has a feature where you can input the barcode and it will tell you if the item is cheaper within a certain mile radius, maybe it's a App that will appear in the future!