Diet, Salad, and Me. A question

ubermoe

Dears

I am a fat person, I can say I am normally fat, not hugely and I want to lose weight. I am so excited as I started a week ago and I am seeing some signs.

My question is about food during diet;

I only eat salad and fruits. Salad is full of tomato, green pea, lemon. Green Pepper, a tiny amount (half a spoon-sometimes) of fresh olive oil. Also for fruits, I get a lot of apple, bananas, grape. I don't eat bread, nor any sugary/salty drinks. I don't eat fried stuff. Noting more than salad and fruits and I am completely happy about that.
Is salad enough with the above mentioned fruits? I want to check, to continue like this, or if there any kinds I need to add.Thank you in advance for the help, form the bottom of my heart :)

In a word no. You firstly won't be eating anywhere near enough and you're missing out on a lot of things you need to stay healthy. You need to follow some kind of structured diet. I'd imagine your calorie intake is very low every day

Hi, it doesn't seem like there is enough vitamins and minerals in there, why not add in a couple of meal replacement shakes for extra nutrients?
:)

I agree with what the other two said. It is really important to be getting the vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy and not sick. I notice a lack of protein, are you a vegetarian or is there any reason you don't have any fish, chicken, beans or egg in your salad. Are you only eating one salad a day?

If you don't want to be using a vitamin drink to make up for all the stuff you are not eating, you may need to think about more food.

A good sugar free muesli with a little slimed milk or fat free yogurt for breakfast for example. Or some fruit, like a small banana. Then you could have your salad for lunch, with just leaves and have a larger salad with the other bits for your main meal.

Quite a few of the things you listed have sugar in them, like the tomato and the fruit. There are other things you could eat instead, but It would be good for you to get a meal replacement low calorie supplement if you are going to eat so little.

Back