dieting,emotions ad goals.

Discussion in 'Exante' started by kitcatx, 9 March 2011 Social URL.

1. kitcatx

kitcatx Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Since ive started this diet my emotions have been everywhere I keep getting really happy then bursting into tears, is this is a common thing for weight loss? anyone else get this?

Also booked a holiday for 4 months time and I really really want 4 more stone gone before then is that achievable? im going with my tiny friends and cant bare the thought of being the fat one again. I want to enjoy my holiday and not spend the whole time feeling self conscious. Oh and the chaffing! I don't want any more chaffing! I know it probably is achievable I think its that I just cant picture myself not being fat!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kitcatx

kitcatx Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    ops was meant to say AND goals!

4. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I think a stone a month is definitely achieveable (so long as you manage to stay on track!) Until February when I derailed, I'd been losing at least a stone a month.

Good luck :)

5. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    My heads been all over the place since I started. Getting a lot of emotional-comfort-food type feelings plaguing me constantly :( Its tough

6. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I kind of feel that this sort of diet exposes some of our emotions to us. I know for me, that emotions I would previously have eaten my way through I now have to confront / address / feel in a different way. I think in the long term this has been good for me... but didn't always make it easy in the early days.

7. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    I completely agree with cybill. I used to pretend it was actual hunger when infact it wasn't at all. I've felt almost like I've lost a bit of meaning and happiness in my life now i'm not eating... isn't that sad?

I've dropped every addictive habit I had and junk food was the last one, now i'm stuck!!! Where do I put these emotions? xx

8. kitcatx

kitcatx Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Thanks guys, I agree with you both, and cybill, seeing youre losses is so inspiring it urges to keep going. and hannata, im totally with you feeling you have lost some happiness! but then I guess this diet isnt going to be forever and once were at our goals we can eat again (sensibly!)

9. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    When I first did a VLCD I cried all the time because I felt like something was missing in my life. This time round I think I knew what to expect, so haven't felt quite as bad, but it does mess around with your emotions. That's probably why people who are depressed or suffering from any mental illnesses shouldn't do it. Hope you feel better soon :)

10. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    I've got a pretty stable mindset but I have to admit I was falling to pieces! Dunno how someone with depression could do it. Its like an integral part of life for EVERYONE on this planet, just being taken away/

11. Bernice

Bernice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.32%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    ...................yes I agree with all of the above. If most of us are honest the food/overeating is an emotional crutch for us, so when you take it away..............how do we not fall and how do we vent those emotions/feelings????? For me the weight coming off was my salvation but you have to get past all the s**t first!!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.