Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Dieting & Not smoking tips?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Eless, 11 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Eless

Eless Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi guys

Back after my trip stateside and back on WW again. I put on around 5lbs during my trip but I don't mind it was very, very boozy and I ate a lot of bad food (burger, pizzas, sundaes, lobsters). Back on again and have lost 2lbs this first week..

However, I have also quit smoking (this is day 7) and although I have been sticking to my points I have noticed a tendency towards wanting to snack a bit more. I have decided to stay off the booze for a while to try to get myself established as a non-smoker and continue the weightwatching.

Any tips or hints on managing both? I have tried to increase my water intake and have a supply of chewing gum to hand. I am going cold turkey no patches or nicotine gum.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. YummyMummy2B

YummyMummy2B Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(3.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    No tips but just wanted to say well done on day 7! I know theres no way I could manage giving both up at once x

4. bridebeth87

bridebeth87 Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I don't smoke but things I do to stop me choosing high-calorie snacks is by having things available with low/no points values like jelly, soup and fruit salad...even lollys!

Well done on getting back to it and loosing after your trip too :)

5. phill1978

phill1978 wants to get slim

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(31.59%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining on weight watchers
    well done my smoking gone up badly on diet that great 7 days best of luck to you

6. Eless

Eless Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I am still not smoking and have started the couch to 5km running programme last week. On week two now and enjoying the running. Had a bit of a naughty weekend foodwise as my housemate had a £50 Waitrose voucher we used to buy some bad stuff : cheese, ham, crusty bread etc. But I am not too worried about it.. it was only one weekend...

Running again tonight on the increased, week two, programme :D

7. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    I am an ex smoker - I love saying that. I gave up 8 years ago and yes I did find my urge to snack went up. I ate a lot of carrot sticks with low cal dips, but the thing I found most useful which may sound strange was - deep breathing up to 10 whenever I wanted to smoke. Worked for me anyway. Cherry toms were also a godsend.

Well done and good luck

8. Eless

Eless Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I have heard that tip before about deep breathing.. Paul McKenna mentions it in one of his non-smoking exercises.

9. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Its based on the old what relaxes us when we smoke is not the nicotine (which actually is a stimulant) but the deep inhalation that goes along with it. As I said worked for me anyway.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.