Dieting when living with others

sparklysunbeam

I'm about to start the WW plan (will attend first meeting on Monday), but I'm trying to get to grips with it in advance so I can begin the next day thus avoiding wasting time. I live with my parents (who have a lot of dietary restrictions due to a major food allergy) and am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to avoid preparing totally separate meals from them?

Hiya! I'd just make the same things with more measured pointed portion size and make variations e.g. use butteenut squash instead of potatos, etc. Good luck.

Hey,

I live with a housemate who is really judgmental about diet plans (she did nutrition at Uni and gets all high and mighty!) so I don't want to tell her i'm on a diet. What I do is essentially have the same things I had before, just reducing portions where necessary or making sure I stay really low on points for brekkie and lunch (the only meal we eat together is Dinner).

It's all about amending rather than cooking separately, maybe put some extra veggies on your plate and remove some carbs etc...

Good luck.

Stackhead said:
Hey,

I live with a housemate who is really judgmental about diet plans (she did nutrition at Uni and gets all high and mighty!) so I don't want to tell her i'm on a diet. What I do is essentially have the same things I had before, just reducing portions where necessary or making sure I stay really low on points for brekkie and lunch (the only meal we eat together is Dinner).

It's all about amending rather than cooking separately, maybe put some extra veggies on your plate and remove some carbs etc...

Good luck.

Ah babes she shouldn't be so judgmental about what you or anyone else eats nutrition degree or not I bet she eats what she wants as and when she wants it, don't worry about it Hun if she's a friend she'll help with her knowledge xxx

Thanks guys :) I'm living at home just now so eat with my parents- so I'm blaming my bad habits on them for now! I might try to get mum to do WW with me which will simplify things I hope! x

Back